Experiences with the new Buick Regal?

greg1647545532

I have a friend looking for a car and there's just something about him that screams Buick to me. I've heard good things about the new Regals so I started looking, specifically at the CXL trim with the turbo (auto trans). On paper it seems like a better version of the TSX. Anyone have anything bad to say about them before I sully my reputation on this thing?

Basically a rebadged Malibu from my understanding, if thats the case they aren't all that bad. Look for it to wear out brakes a little faster then most, overall not bad. Wheel bearing get covered under the 5 year 100k mile warranty, but they weren't as bad about wheel bearings as other GMs.

Basically a rebadged Malibu from my understanding

The Regal is a re-badged Opel Insignia. It's actually a little bit smaller than the Malibu. The Lacrosse and the Malibu share similar underpinnings. The Regal is a tad smaller than the Malibu. I'm a little biased because I sell them but the Regal has been a phenomenal car. Even the n/a model is a blast to drive. The turbo has brought in a whole new demographic. We've seen the average age of our typical buyer come down about 20 years in age. I'm 25 and drive one for a demo and I have two salesmen under the age of 30 that own them.

The Regal is a re-badged Opel Insignia. It's actually a little bit smaller than the Malibu. The Lacrosse and the Malibu share similar underpinnings. The Regal is a tad smaller than the Malibu. I'm a little biased because I sell them but the Regal has been a phenomenal car. Even the n/a model is a blast to drive. The turbo has brought in a whole new demographic. We've seen the average age of our typical buyer come down about 20 years in age. I'm 25 and drive one for a demo and I have two salesmen under the age of 30 that own them.

Well shows how much I know. I'd really like to get a couple on my rack at work and check them out.

Quite a size difference there, no?

Exterior size, yes, the taurus is a boat.

Some reference: I am 6'6"and and 340. I fit comfortably in the regal, enough to purchase. I drove it and was pleased. I can barely even get in the taurus, and wouldn't dream of driving one because of its small interior size.

Sho is fat, small, has horrible brakes and is auto only. Awd and the power is the only upsides.

Exterior size, yes, the taurus is a boat.

Some reference: I am 6'6"and and 340. I fit comfortably in the regal, enough to purchase. I drove it and was pleased. I can barely even get in the taurus, and wouldn't dream of driving one because of its small interior size.

Sho is fat, small, has horrible brakes and is auto only. Awd and the power is the only upsides.

Have you tried a Sonata?

If he wants to just get to work and back, why not pick up an used Malibu? They're nice looking cars and they go for cheap

The interior on the Regal looks nicer is all. I also like that it's a tad smaller. I've got some boring mid-size sedans on my list, but I wanted to give him an option with a bit more sparkle. He's free to reject my advice, but... well, you know how it goes. Most people would be content with a Corolla, but I'll be god damned if I'm going to recommend a Corolla to anyone. I've got to maintain some standards, somewhere in between Corolla and $35,000 SHO.

I would have questioned the suggestion of a Sonata too until I drove one of the new turbo Sonatas and for what it is they are very impressive in every way. If course theres better out there but a loaded turbo Sonata is a really nice car and one hell of a waranty. I do really like the turbo Regals too though. They did a really good job of making that a car that people actually want again.