Urban shots of abandoned Detroit

Berto

While the pictures are not spectacular, they are full of sadness.

As someone who does urban decay photos, i totally want to go up there and do some photos there, but the fear of walking around with my equipment and being a woman alone, is too much for me to even think about.

Am I the only one that wanted to raid those buildings for the lights and furniture to sell on the open market?

There are a ton of people that go down there; some to explore and take pics, some to salvage, and others to destroy. There's a video from a few years ago of people pushing a dump truck off an upper floor of the Packerd Plant.

Very cool. I have a few dozen shots of Rochester NY like that from my days gone by when I spent quite a bit of time there. Never done such an adventure in Detroit. Need to see if my CCW is good there and round up a few "spotters" before I go.

Very cool. I have a few dozen shots of Rochester NY like that from my days gone by when I spent quite a bit of time there. Never done such an adventure in Detroit. Need to see if my CCW is good there and round up a few "spotters" before I go.

Tim If you go, im going. Serious.

I really want to go, and nathan would be bored out of his mind, not to mention paranoid the whole time. I know my partner Renee would love to go as well.

I <3 run down.

pics of mine incoming shortly

Ohio State Reformatory

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2697/4414728103_9e81bcc31b_z.jpg

Ohio State Reformatory by Lucky Lola Studios, on Flickr

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4044/4414726607_3e92af4e10_z.jpg

Ohio State Reformatory by Lucky Lola Studios, on Flickr

http://www.usacarry.com/indiana_concealed_carry_permit_information.html

winning.

Honors IN Permit:

Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, Guam, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, District of Columbia, undefined

What a shame all those nice buildings have gone to hell. I'll give ya $50 for them.

Seriously what I'm thinking... Why do they not auction off shit like that? I mean we are indebt some ungodly trillions of dollars... Every little bit could help considering we can't stop spending money we don't have (as in we the government).