I was wrongfully fired (long story)

Comebackkid

Sorry for the confusion the boss and mechanic are two different people. The mechanic is somewhat in charge of the automotive department.

I got this automotive job threw one of my buddies. When I went in for the interview, I told the boss that I was not ase certified but I've been working on cars since I was 10yrs old. Well, I got the job and everything was going good till I started noticing that the mechanic was leaving me with all the work and I was busting my ass to get everything done by the book. He always came to work high, on weed and pills, leaving with the company van while staying clocked in and going home. He never really worked the whole time I was there. He would leave for 5 of the 8 hours he was there.

That was are first argument because I told him that the boss wants stuff done bye the dates he sets. He keeps telling me O he don't mean it and a bunch of BS. Like the exhaust on the corvette, the boss wanted a nice rumble exhaust system but not to bad that you couldn't talk on the phone. So I looked up on jegs and found 2 1/4 complete exhaust and I wanted to get a set of flow masters. Well, boss said thats find go get it, so I call jegs and went to order it but they said it'll take 4 days which I still would've got it completed by friday which is what he wanted. So he convinced the boss he could build something better and just fucked the exhaust all up lol. He fucked up the passenger side exhaust with him trying to use a harbor freight pipe bender and just damn near pinched the exhaust where there was no exhaust flow:confused:. Then he use the stock pipe on the driver side with a stainless steel flex pipe and then put the flow masters underneath the floor boards.

Here's the kicker, then he took the rest of the stock exhaust and put it in the flow masters and ran it out the back with the stock mufflers :lolguy:. So this little 9-1 compression motor has 4 mufflers. I kept telling him it looks like shit and that you cannot hear the flow masters.

Well, that was our second argument and he got mad and made me go clean lol. Well, the last argument was that I called him and wanted to see if he knew if anyone was at the shop working because the building is sub-contracted and I'm cool with everyone and all I wanted to do was take my motor up there and clean it up. Well, he must've had something stuck up his ass because he was throwing a bitch fit and we got into it again lol.

I go into work and he stopped me at the time clock and told me not to clock in that he wanted to talk to me. Never said anything about me loosing my job or anything like that, but once he wanted to see me out front then I knew what was going on. He tried to put it as I need ase mechanics and tons of bs.

Well, sorry for the long bitch fit and hopefully I worded so everyone can read it and understand it lol. I'm only pissed because it's so close to christmas and I have little ones to buy for:mad::mad:. In closing once the boss gets back in i'm going up there and telling him everything and I hope I get my job back and firer his worth-less ASS

Is there anything I can do to help get my job back like call and tell them I'm getting a lawyer(which im not) for wrongfully being let go for a reason they already knew?

Edited by Comebackkid
  • Downvote 1

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, let's think about what your resume will look like now that you need another job:

- very well-versed in use of English and proper spelling

- works well in team enviroment - a real "team player"

- reacts well to constructive criticism and able to implement suggestions from superiors

- does not utilize business resources for personal reasons

- not inclined to litigiousness

Is there anything I can do to help get my job back like call and tell them I'm getting a lawyer(which im not) for wrongfully being let go for a reason they already knew?

That is illegal and will open you up to litigation, but that's totally cool since they won't get anything if they sue you. Ohio is an at-will state. They can fire you for liking the TV show 'Whitney'.

It seems you have a sense of entitlement that is unjustified. Unfortunately, you do NOT have any certifications which makes you expendable. Get an education and people will stop exploiting you. Until then, do what you are asked and keep your mouth shut. Sorry.

That is illegal and will open you up to litigation, but that's totally cool since they won't get anything if they sue you. Ohio is an at-will state. They can fire you for liking the TV show 'Whitney'.

It seems you have a sense of entitlement that is unjustified. Unfortunately, you do NOT have any certifications which makes you expendable. Get an education and people will stop exploiting you. Until then, do what you are asked and keep your mouth shut. Sorry.

Wow didn't know that:confused:

On the real, if you want your job back, you need to go up there, logically explain your concerns to your boss, express how much you like working for him, and tell him that you will make sure that similar problems don't surface in the future. Start dropping hints like you're doing to sue someone and you can bet you'll never see the inside of that garage again.

I quoted this so you would read it again OP and hope you realize anything else you post is fail and face AIDS.

Yeah, it is at-will. Larger companies tend to be more careful with this, because they have more to lose and other reasons. Small companies will tell employees to go fuck themselves, and if successfully sued just reopen under a different name.