question about attorneys/issues

wnaplay1647545503

I have an attorney that is associated with my WC claim who repeatedly fails to do what I ask of him. If I ever need to contact him regarding anything I have to wait weeks for a scheduled phone call. I am very active with my case and do all my own leg work when handling my claim with BWC. I have ordered both him and his office to do nothing without my prior consent. Typically BWC has been great in my case, they approve items very quickly and all but one associate has been fairly kind and considerate. I stay on top of my claim mainly for peace of mind and so at the end of the day I have noone to blame but myself if something isnt handled the way I feel it should. My attorney always sends me letters weeks after I have negotiated treatment stating he has obtained these things for me. I know this to be untrue as he doesnt even realize whats going on until his office receives notices as I manage to get approvals. I have called him out on it everytime stating "I did this, not you or your staff". This has never been an issue until I get a bill in the mail for his staff member showing up to a hearing a few weeks ago. I was awarded a short term benefit which he is now claiming was obtained by his office and wants 33% of. 1. Noone should have shown up as they have been told to do nothing without my consent 2. BWC failed to have a representative appear which automatically granted me the benefit and 3. the hearing lasted all of 2mins as no other rep appeared. I know this relationship isnt typically what you think of when considering an attorney/client relationship but I only hired him to do one thing on my case 2 years ago which I made very clear which he is still failing to do. For those that say they would fire me as a client, we both went into this relationship with me outlining what I expected and wanted his role to be. I know I am being far more demanding than most clients would be but he knew this prior to representing me. You figure if your paying someone 33% of your salary you kind of expect them to do what you want, not the other way around. What should I do here? Can you just fire your attorney. Payment was suppose to be paid with a percentage of anything negotiated for me by his office mainly by way of a settlement. If I never receive a settlement and fire him, do I owe him anything?

I think you're walking a thin line here and I would say be very careful with how you handle this. The last thing you need would be him suing you for more money etc. I would go to the office with all your paperwork outlining your position of them not to do anything. I would hope you got everything in writing to support your claims.

This sounds like another edition of LAW AND ORDER: CR EDITION

Its sounds that you are unhappy with your current attorney so i would start shopping for another. He/She should advise you from there. And yes, i would expect you have to pay him for the work he has done thus far.