Serious Question

DavidBaustert

Trying to set a goal/benchmark doesn't seem useless to me, but to each his own.

Some forums have whole sections for people to get help with setting realistic goals... But the members also ask questions about specific mods, suspension upgrades, etc. I did the same thing a few years ago. I was told 12 flat but never reached it before adding more mods. However the 12.2 was close and the benchmark gave me a lot of motivation to keep practicing that year.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some forums have whole sections for people to get help with setting realistic goals... But the members also ask questions about specific mods, suspension upgrades, etc. I did the same thing a few years ago. I was told 12 flat but never reached it before adding more mods. However the 12.2 was close and the benchmark gave me a lot of motivation to keep practicing that year.

Well if that helps then here goes:

Stock Rebuilt SR20DET

Master Power to4e 60 trim @ ~22psi

Greddy Intake Manifold

3" thick fluidyne intercooler

66# injectors w/ dual walbros and aeromotive regulator

HKS 264 cams

Nistune stock ecu rom tune (currently using a tune from another car we did with a 2871r that make 407 @ 18psi but will be on the dyno sometime this winter-expecting 410-440 whp)

Full interrior 240sx coupe (~2500#)

Will be on either 265/40/17s or some sort of 15" radial

ACT stage 3+ clutch w/ 3000# PP and 6 puck ceramic disk

Probably gonna launch off the 2 step once we get it working correctly

Stock IRS lowered on sleeved springs

Welded differential

all delrin/solid custom subframe bushings

boxed stock LCA

Hope that helps

Well if that helps then here goes:

Stock Rebuilt SR20DET

Master Power to4e 60 trim @ ~22psi

Greddy Intake Manifold

3" thick fluidyne intercooler

66# injectors w/ dual walbros and aeromotive regulator

HKS 264 cams

Nistune stock ecu rom tune (currently using a tune from another car we did with a 2871r that make 407 @ 18psi but will be on the dyno sometime this winter-expecting 410-440 whp)

Full interrior 240sx coupe (~2500#)

Will be on either 265/40/17s or some sort of 15" radial

ACT stage 3+ clutch w/ 3000# PP and 6 puck ceramic disk

Probably gonna launch off the 2 step once we get it working correctly

Stock IRS lowered on sleeved springs

Welded differential

all delrin/solid custom subframe bushings

boxed stock LCA

Hope that helps

What the car will run and what the car will run with you driving are two different things;)

power to weight is basically the same as a stock C6 Z06 (6lbs per HP). So should be around an 11.7 with reasonable traction. Then again you've already stated it previously had a 205 tire on the back and that's certainly not going to hook so who knows.

plus you should make it go left and right and forget about straight line stuff :D

Best example I can give. Take the Scummit. Stock 4G63, ARP Head Studs, OEM HG, 16G turbo, FP2 cams, JMF Race Intake, 660 injectors, 93 octane, custom code/tune, SD, Stock fwd auto, 2400 wo/driver and it went 11.57@119 on a regular basis. With the Auto it dyno'd at 360ish fwhp. With a 5speed it dyno'd anywhere from 388-400.

Best example I can give. Take the Scummit. Stock 4G63, ARP Head Studs, OEM HG, 16G turbo, FP2 cams, JMF Race Intake, 660 injectors, 93 octane, custom code/tune, SD, Stock fwd auto, 2400 wo/driver and it went 11.57@119 on a regular basis. With the Auto it dyno'd at 360ish fwhp. With a 5speed it dyno'd anywhere from 388-400.

This is the kinda info I was looking for. Thanks!

BTW, what gen/boost 16g were you running to make that much power? I had an evo3 big 16g on my car for a bit and loved it, would have been awesome for a compound setup with a 35r.

This is the kinda info I was looking for. Thanks!

BTW, what gen/boost 16g were you running to make that much power? I had an evo3 big 16g on my car for a bit and loved it, would have been awesome for a compound setup with a 35r.

E3 16G, I would see low-mid 20's for boost. Stock 2G manifold, and O2 housing. 2.5" exhaust, Dynomax turbo muffler.

It'll be basically the same setup this year sans the intake manifold, and more efficient exhaust setup.

Lol. I'm n/a. You're built/boosted, yes? Lemme get on your level and build/boost mine. Then we can compare e-penis'. :)

I paid $2500 for my complete motor swap and trans. Dirty cheap, yes, but if you wait, you can find what you need.

Are the coupes really ~100-200lbs lighter than the hatchbacks?

Oh, and dyno numbers are dyno numbers. Lemme go put my car on SlowMo's dyno real quick and add an extra 50whp. I'll never get my panties in a bunch about dyno numbers. Track is where it counts.