Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So yeah, a lot more shit came out regarding this. 100% due to the sex offender asshole. Dad is definitely a nutcase but he started backtracking for the article on ESPN's FRONT PAGE right now...lol. People said when his parents found out who that guy was that they "went through the roof" so maybe it was just a crazy initial reaction and Urban can get back in on him if he wants to.

And it would completely invalidate the father's reasoning here if he ended up at Penn St. MY SON ENDED UP IN A PICTURE WITH A RANDOM GUY WHO HAPPENS TO BE A REGISTERED SEX OFFENDER. TIME FOR HIM TO GO TO A SCHOOL WHICH EMPLOYED AND POSSIBLY COVERED UP AN ASSISTANT COACH'S MOLESTATION/RAPE OF CHILDREN IN TEAM FACILITIES.

:lolguy:

Haha yeah thats the irony, although he did have ND and Florida as possible canidates prior to his commitment. His dad is a grad of Florida from what I have read so he could end up there, idk definitley been a crazy week in recruiting lol

How about the All American WR from Clemson (Sammie icantrememberhislastnamerightnow) getting arrested for drug possession

Sammy Watkins. Dude was a beast this year.

And yeah, ND and Florida are definitely possibilities. ND with Heuerman who was big in recruiting him to OSU there now and Florida where a lot of people thought he was going for a while anyways. Only reason some people think he canceled a Florida visit at the last minute and decided to come to OSU's spring game was because they have 4 LB's already committed.

ESPN already having a field day with this story

Its the 3rd link on their home page. Then you read the article and they convienently leave out the part about it taking place at BW3's

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/7892108/ohio-state-recruit-decommits-convicted-sex-offender-posted-photo-internet-junior-linebacker

Sounds like a good thing he has decided not to attend tOSU. I now wonder where he will go as Florida has told him their LB class is full, ND is most likely a no especially if they land Smith. Stanford is across the country and he has said he'd like to stay closer to home, PSU would be irony...

Sounds like a good thing he has decided not to attend tOSU. I now wonder where he will go as Florida has told him their LB class is full, ND is most likely a no especially if they land Smith. Stanford is across the country and he has said he'd like to stay closer to home, PSU would be irony...

Where did you hear this?

Had been getting this strange feeling that Anzalone would end up back with OSU after all of this blew over and now that's starting to be the feeling of others as well. As I suspected, this whole strange situation led to a better understanding of each other by the Anzalone's and Urban/the staff. Apparently OSU is recruiting Anzalone as hard or harder than at any point previously in his recruitment and there is almost constant contact between Alex, his family and the staff. Back and forth.

Also, something I was hoping for but not expecting... Robert Foster seems to be back in the picture. A few teams pulled their offers to him after word of his disrespectful behavior on his OSU visit got around (OSU and Michigan for sure) and teams were wondering how he'd react. Either be humbled and correct any issues or just say fuck it, I have offers from everyone else. Apparently Foster has gone with option A and he may once again have an offer from OSU sitting on the table. Shelton Gibson is basically in for OSU so getting Foster and maybe Quick out of KY would be awesome as the offense OSU wants to run moving forward thrives with those types of WR's.

Is OSU really going to take 4 WR's in this class though? That becomes the issue, they still need another 1 maybe 2 OL and if Anzalone is back in the mix that takes away a spot. I wouldn't say no to any of the WR's left on the board and would love to see them all here at once as that may be the best WR class in the history of OSU and for sure the best WR group in this years class.

Is OSU really going to take 4 WR's in this class though? That becomes the issue, they still need another 1 maybe 2 OL and if Anzalone is back in the mix that takes away a spot. I wouldn't say no to any of the WR's left on the board and would love to see them all here at once as that may be the best WR class in the history of OSU and for sure the best WR group in this years class.

The class numbers are so back and forth right now it's crazy. Middle of winter conditioning people expected a lot of attrition. Towards the end of that/start of spring ball people expected no more. End of spring ball people expected a little bit more. No idea right now. I do know that Meyer/Herman have said they want to have something like 8-12 (somewhere in there, think it's 8-10 or 10-12) explosive playmakers on the roster at WR positions and they said they only have maybe 6 right now.

Also, the 2014 class is going to be the first real class this staff will have put together. 2012 class they did a magnificent job of scrambling to finish in the top 5 in the country. Things have been maybe bumpier than expected with the 2013 class but you have to realize they had a lot of catching up to do with these kids. Supposedly the recruiting databases that the old staff had for 2013 and beyond were pathetic. So this new staff has had to basically start from scratch there and then you've already lost out on a 5-star kid in your own state like Dymonte Thomas because the old staff simply fucked that up royally. They're still trying with him and he hasn't told them to stop recruiting him like Kyle Kalis did when Urban called right after his intro press conference but it's a no shot until Dymonte decides to maybe sneak over to OSU to visit his cousin Brionte.

But the 2014 class... tons of offers going out right now, lots of big-time kids loving OSU, the relationships will be in place, the information will be there... that class will be right around #1 in the country.

The 2014 class is supposedly weak as all get out in Ohio, so I would expect that to be filled with a ton of out of state recruits. Dymonte Thomas is good, but I feel just fine not getting him. I seriously can not wait to see the future D-Line of OSU destroy Shane Morris. Never before have I hated a 17 year old kid so much lol. That kid is a royal douchebag with a huge mouth