Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

Let me know Frank, maybe we can meet up over in Bloomington before the game or something. I owe my wife a night game as I gave her ticket to Wisconsin last year to my buddy....oops! I really wanna go to the Nebraska game but fuck tickets are still way over priced right now, might head up the day of and see if we can't catch a deal from a scalper or something. That or try craigslist the week of as tickets usually drop price right before games.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So ND going to ACC in everything but football but kinda also in football with the 5 ACC games a year thing = response from Big 10.

From nevadabuck so you know he only hits like 4% of the time according to DaddyBuiltRacing...lol

Michigan, Michigan State and Purdue will announce shortly that they are dropping ND from their schedules....

Michigan will attempt to start scheduling USC....

Michigan State will attempt to start scheduling Va Tech....

Purdue is undecided, but Maryland could be a likely suitor.....

Here's a SI link to the ND/ACC news.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/ncaa/09/12/notre-dame-acc/index.html?xid=siextra_091212

Looks like ND was interested in capturing more of an East Coast presence versus the Midwest. Can't say I blame them, at least from a numbers perspective - if I am remembering the statistics correctly, the population is shifting toward ACC regions and away from the Midwest.

ND will likely keep USC on their schedule, won't they? If so, then you think USC will also add Michigan as a regular fixture? That would be kind of badass.

I bet Nevada is well taken care of in the sexual department courtesy of Zack, good god. Could you wrap your lips any tighter around an online posters dick? We get it, you think he is god and is never wrong. I dont think I have made a comment in regards to him in quite a long time, maybe you should try some new source material lol.

No ND vs Michigan will be sort of sad, I actually like watching that matchup. Same with ND vs Michigan State. Michigan scheduling USC yearly will just make the conference look bad as USC is on a whole different level than Michigan and I dont see that changing anytime soon lol. Now if you mean USC as in South Carolina, ok I would't mind that as they are about equally matched most years.

Just read on scout some more information in regards to ND: "The 5 game schedule will be rotated too. New information is saying all 14 ACC schools will be guaranteed to play Notre Dame once every 3 years. That means only 1 school will play them twice in a 3 year span"

ND vs. Michigan - when I watch that game, I can never decide which team I want to lose more.

I think USC is not as good as what a lot of people think they are. If a USC - Michigan series was happening right now, I don't see them stomping Michigan. In fact, if they played today, I'd put money on Michigan to win. USC's defense does nothing for me.

Now, if we're talking USC 2002-2008, then, yeah, Michigan gets curb stomped on the regular. Hell, USC curb stomped everyone on the regular those years, minus Texas and a handfull of Pac10 teams that never should have beat them (e.g., Stanford, Cal, UCLA, Oregon State).

Michigan has no defense, USC has an amazing qb and WR tandem. Look at what Alabamas offense was able to do against Michigans D, I wouldn't consider Alabamas offense to be an elite one by any means. Their defense is another story though haha.

Speaking of defense LSU just lost another starter on that side of the ball, LB Tahj Jones along with 3 others have been ruled accademically ineligible

Michigan had trouble beating Air Force...it happens

Michigans defense is really bad and has been the last couple years. The only thing they have had going for them is Denard. Look at what the D has given up in 2 games this year

Alabama: 431 yards

Air Force 417 yards

Barkley and company would have a field day with that defense. I too have a hard time choosing the lesser of 2 evils when ND/Michigan face off but usually I pull for Michigan. I really like when Michigan is ranked high coming into OSU week, makes for a better feeling after beating them rather than a 3-9 type Michigan squad

I think we'll have a better idea of what USC is made of after this weekend. I have them on upset alert against Stanford but really anxious to see them and Oregon face off later this year.

I think ND vs Florida State will be interesting. Some people are already saying that most of the ACC games will be before November as southern teams are supposedly against playing up north in the cold

Bunch of pussies. It be great if we can start the B1G season a week early and have a week in late oct/ early november to schedule teams from the SEC.

Yeah, but doesn't Air Force put up those kinds of numbers against everybody? They run that funky triple option that is tough to prepare for/defend. Not saying that USC wouldn't light up Michigan's D, just saying that Air Force putting up big offensive numbers isn't anything alarming.

I think USC gets beat by Stanford and gets wholloped by Oregon. Or at least that's what I think right now. Like you said, we'll know more about USC after this weekend. Maybe they have just been kind of lackadaisical up to this point, playing down to their competition, etc.

Looking up their stats on ESPN shows me they rush a ton. They are at 774 yards rushing in 2 games vs 269 passing.

Oregon is the dark horse this year out in the Pac 12, yes they are top 10 but yo havent really heard much about them this year. However in most years they just like USC will lose to an inferior team that leaves you scratching your head.

Edit: Air Force runs a fuck ton lol. Last year they put up 4092 rushing yards! I still dont think that excuses Michigans defense as I still feel they are not very good at all and will get lit up a few times this year

I bet Nevada is well taken care of in the sexual department courtesy of Zack, good god. Could you wrap your lips any tighter around an online posters dick? We get it, you think he is god and is never wrong. I dont think I have made a comment in regards to him in quite a long time, maybe you should try some new source material lol.

I don't bring nevada's stuff over here all the time (especially now since his info has kind of run dry - uh oh I better get some lube to fix that up amirite?) and when I do you always make a comment about nevada's info being bad so I like to preempt it. :gabe:

What's funny is the site I post on the most with regards to CFB all we do is make fun of nevada...lol. His info has seriously seemed to dry up since Urban came in and he's a whiny little bitch whenever he gets called out on stuff. He and Bill Greene on Scout said they'd have better info than ever with Meyer coming in and sometimes now they even say bullshit like "we have great info - we just can't always share it." While that may be true it doesn't help any of us when they come in after the fact and say, "yeah, we knew about that."

No ND vs Michigan will be sort of sad, I actually like watching that matchup. Same with ND vs Michigan State. Michigan scheduling USC yearly will just make the conference look bad as USC is on a whole different level than Michigan and I dont see that changing anytime soon lol. Now if you mean USC as in South Carolina, ok I would't mind that as they are about equally matched most years.

This year is something of a "last hurrah" for USC as they will start having depth issues over the next few years since their scholarship reductions are just starting to kick in. And Michigan will be right back to where they were pre-RichRod in 2-3 years. They are recruiting as well as anyone right now and I think they showed last year that they have the coaches in place to take advantage of any talent they do have. They just don't have a it stockpiled right now thanks to RichRod.

Looking up their stats on ESPN shows me they rush a ton. They are at 774 yards rushing in 2 games vs 269 passing.

Oregon is the dark horse this year out in the Pac 12, yes they are top 10 but yo havent really heard much about them this year. However in most years they just like USC will lose to an inferior team that leaves you scratching your head.

Edit: Air Force runs a fuck ton lol. Last year they put up 4092 rushing yards! I still dont think that excuses Michigans defense as I still feel they are not very good at all and will get lit up a few times this year

Oregon isn't a dark horse? They are considered a front-runner to win the league. The only reason why they aren't getting more press is because USC is monopolizing all of it.

And who has Oregon lost to in recent years that they were supposed to lose to? I can think of one: Arizona a few years ago. Every other time they lost was when they were beaten by a better or evenly-matched opponent, like LSU last year, or Boise a few years ago. Of course, I'm not Oregon historian, but my inclination is to say that they don't usually lose to clearly inferior teams (like USC used to).

My bad I thought they had lost to some teams they weren't supposed to such as Boise (TWICE), unranked USC, unranked Stanford, unranked Cal lol. Regardless they are a "dark horse" simply because as you said USC has monopolized that conference and even Stanford has been talked about more then Oregon this year in the media. Maybe my word choice wasn't the best, over looked, over shadowed, those could possibly be better terms to use in this instance.

USC definitley has lost to teams they should not have, however I think this is he best USC team since 08. Its amazing how I used to hate Matt Barkley and now I wish the Browns would've waited a year to select a qb so they could've taken him haha.

I do think that the winner of the Pac12 will be facing an SEC school in the championship game, wether that be USC or Oregon is tbd.