Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting post on conference re-alignment moving forward from a guy on Scout who has had good stuff in the past...

In talking to some people who have knowledge on this subject, the B1G does not want to expand until their current T1 & T2 contracts expire with Disney (thru 2016 season). If they were to expand now, the contract would be opened up for the new schools and probably extended, with possibly more money but under similar terms. The B1G does not want the same terms. Rumor has it the B1G is going to move its T2 & T3 content to the BTN. By doing this, it will be able to ask for higher subscriber fees and charge more for commercial time as well. It will then bid its T1 to the highest bidder and get the terms it wants (such as national games at noon, 3:30, & 8:00).

I would expect the B1G to expand in time for the 2017 football season, as in have the new schools start that season. With the monetary focus being on the BTN, I still expect Rutgers, Maryland, Virginia, and UNC. The ACC schools will negotiate lower than $50 million and pay it in installments. It is expected each B1G school will receive around $40 million per year. This dwarfs the ACC's max of $17 million around that same time.

Not related, but I expect FSU and Louisville to move to the Big12 by 2014 season so the Big12 can have the CCG and reap that money. I also think the SEC wants to make a play for VaTech and NC State, once it has its own network up and running.

Strange the ACC, at least if you go by this post, is just going to disintegrate. They just added ND for some stuff, Pitt, Syracuse, etc., etc. They'll be right back to being the Big East with only schools like that left...lol.

Don't really believe the post one way or the other, just thought it was interesting.

I was hoping this whole realignment stuff would be dead. In scheduling news, Gene Smith came out today and had this to say about future schedules: "“Our plan is going to change a little bit,” Smith told BSB. “Our plan is going to change a little bit,” Smith told BSB. “We’ll shift a little bit and still try to schedule one top-10 team. We’re moving toward trying to schedule one top-10 and one top-40 opponents and somebody else"

It looks like we're gonna stop scheduling Ohio teams yearly as well from the article

2013 class is getting pretty damn full. Another commitment came today. "Tyquan Lewis just became the 17th commitment to OSU's 2013 football class. 4 star DE from Tarboro, NC. Picked OSU over NC and LSU"

His offer sheet isn't that shabby, especially considering he has 3 SEC teams including LSU on that list.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/clemson/football/recruiting/player-Tyquan-Lewis-131485

My quesiton is now, how does this shape fill out, there is still several targets on the board and a very limited # of ships left.

LB Mike Mitchell- Supposedly has OSU as his leader

WR James Quick-

S Vonn Bell- Supposedly has OSU as his leader

OT Dorian Johnson- Most likely going to Pitt

WR Robert Foster- Also most likely going to Pitt but have heard Bama lately

WR Marquez North- Has OSU in his top 5

WR Shelton Gibson- Heard its a grade issue but loves OSU

I know there are more that I am forgetting

Vonn Bell probably has Tennessee as his leader right now. Dorian Johnson has 2 OSU visits scheduled. Don't think Marquez North or Robert Foster are even slight chances. You nailed it with Gibson. Might have to do Fork Union for a year like Cardale Jones, Michael Thomas, Carlos Hyde, etc. if he really wants to go to OSU. Since Arkansas/John L. Smith is an obvious disaster gotta like the chances with Quick of Arky takes Strong from Louisville. A couple of his HS teammates have already shunned Louisville for USC and Vanderbilt.

Recruiting is really kinda paused right now because numbers are tight and the staff knows 1) they have all of bowl season to recruit again (for better or worse) and 2) they can probably get a couple big-time prospects late like Urban always does.

Ugly but still 4-0. Christian Bryant needs to get his shit under control, that kid irritates the fuck out of me. One minute he is laying the wood on someone or making a big play, the next he is either missing a tackle or talking shit. I do not like the new punt formation, tackeling still needs addressed but was improved compared to last week.

Idk bout you guys but every other game on right now on cable suck

Not suprising, honestly wouldnt be suprised if they came out of East Lansing with a L with the way they have been playing. There are flashes of greatness from this team, but they are quickly followed up with WTF moments lol.

Big games this week:

#25 Baylor at #9 West Virginia

#14 Ohio St at #20 Michigan St

Wow its a pretty lame weekend for CFB lol

If OSU can have just a few big plays on offense, be consistant with the kicking game and maybe one or two big plays on defense they will win the game. I don't expect MSU to score more than 10, their offense is completely irrelevant. It's hard to pin-point a game this year that OSU will lose. Obviously @MSU is one, then we are home against Nebraska who maybe seems to be back on the upswing, and then @Michigan. All of those games are winnable so we will see.