Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

If OSU can have just a few big plays on offense, be consistant with the kicking game and maybe one or two big plays on defense they will win the game. I don't expect MSU to score more than 10, their offense is completely irrelevant. It's hard to pin-point a game this year that OSU will lose. Obviously @MSU is one, then we are home against Nebraska who maybe seems to be back on the upswing, and then @Michigan. All of those games are winnable so we will see.

In your first sentence, you basically outlined what every football team wants/needs to be successful.

In your last sentence, replace winable with losable and you'd have an equally valid statement.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before the season started I thought @Wiscy and Michigan were the most losable with @MSU and Nebraska being next on the list. @MSU is probably the most losable now with Michigan and Nebraska being next up.

Talking about losable games reminds me of last season when on other OSU/college football forums I posted OSU had 6-7 losable games and got ripped for it. :lolguy:

1998 OSU vs MSU in the shoe, that game still makes my guts hurt. That team would have rolled anybody on just about any given day. I still think Cooper threw the game for money.

You couldn't let it go at Biakabatuka, could you?

Ohio State's 1998 team was the best Ohio State team I've ever seen. How in the hell they lost that game I will never know. Wait, yes I do: Plaxico Burress and John Cooper.

Bell isnt a shifty back in a spread type offense. I think that makes the defense look much better this week.

Agreed. This is the kind of team OSU's defense is more apt to stop. Plus MSU's lack of a serious pass threat gives them even more ability to focus on Bell. The only way I could see them putting up more than 14-17 points is if their QB is on fire and torches OSU's secondary which isn't really impossible to see.

Much more worried about what OSU's offense will be able to do against MSU's defense. This is the first defense OSU will face that I'd say is even above average. UCF was average, Cal was average to below average, UAB and Miami are obviously well below average. MSU is the best defense OSU will face all season.

-0.5 points for misspelling Milgram.

Josh: 0.0 points total

Josh: +20 points for actually knowing what the Milgram and Stanford Prison expierements are

19.5 total lol

Roflmao: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Da6K0a5RPUA

Edited by DaddyBuiltRacing

Michigan/ND are officially done: http://espn.go.com/college-foo...igan-wolverines

"By Matt Fortuna | ESPN.com

Michigan is the first casualty of Notre Dame's new arrangement with the ACC.

The Fighting Irish notified the Wolverines that they are exercising a three-year out in their series contract, meaning the last meeting between these two historic rivals will occur in 2014.

Through a Freedom of Information Act request, The Associated Press obtained a letter Tuesday from Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick to Michigan AD David Brandon, cancelling the games from 2015-17.

The schools had extended their contract in 2007, taking the series through the 2031 season. But it was on a three-year rolling basis, giving either side the chance to opt out with three years' notice.

Notre Dame and Michigan announced this summer that a two-year break is coming in the 2018 and 2019 campaigns, but that they intended to resume the series in the years following.

"The decision to cancel games in 2015-17 was Notre Dame's and not ours," Brandon said in a release. "We value our annual rivalry with Notre Dame but will have to see what the future holds for any continuation of the series. This cancellation presents new scheduling opportunities for our program and provides a chance to create some new rivalries."

Notre Dame announced Sept. 12 that it would be moving all of its sports, except football and hockey, from the Big East to the ACC, with the football team agreeing to play five games per year against ACC schools.

Swarbrick said then that he hoped the football scheduling agreement could begin in the 2014 season, and he stressed that Navy, Stanford and USC were the rivals he felt were most important for the Irish to keep on an annual basis.