Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I miss the Mexicans who used to work the Chipotle by Walmart in Reynoldsburg. They could wrap a burrito like nobody's business. Uppity white folk in there now don't know how to handle that shit.

Not to go far off topic, but if you think this is bad, avoid the new albany location.

Its staffed by 17-24 yr old kids who were born in new albany. Entitled little pricks.

Bought 4 tickets tonight in section 34b for $400 bucks!! I along with my wife and 2 buddies will be going, this is my wifes first night game and one of my buddies very first OSU game

But seriously, hope it's a good time. Don't let your Urban hatred come out too much. :gabe:

I'll try my best not to. I have done pretty well this season even though I have been bitching at home about the vanilla offense OSU runs. Its the same 2-5 plays every damn game.

Braxton option run

Braxtion option run

Braxton pass to Devin Smith

Braxton bubble screen to Corey Brown

Braxton option run

I was expecting Stoneburner to be more involved in this offense yet he has become a ghost for the most part. Zach Boren has gone from a bruising blocker to a very poor mans Mike Alstott. At some point this year I am hoping Urban and the OC open it up and just let it rain damnit. I understand Hall being hurt hasn't helped things, but come on already.

I just want to see a passing game develop before next year as I think OSU could be very special next year and the following year. Maybe I was right and this team just doesnt have the personel/explosive play maker on the roster right now. Couple studs coming in 2013 in Elliot and Marshall though.

I am happy with how the o-line has played this year for the most part and special teams has been better, especially with a blocked extra point and punt.

I was expecting Stoneburner to be more involved in this offense yet he has become a ghost for the most part. Zach Boren has gone from a bruising blocker to a very poor mans Mike Alstott. At some point this year I am hoping Urban and the OC open it up and just let it rain damnit. I understand Hall being hurt hasn't helped things, but come on already.

I just want to see a passing game develop before next year as I think OSU could be very special next year and the following year. Maybe I was right and this team just doesnt have the personel/explosive play maker on the roster right now. Couple studs coming in 2013 in Elliot and Marshall though.

I am happy with how the o-line has played this year for the most part and special teams has been better, especially with a blocked extra point and punt.

A problem Stoney (and the other TE's who are still actually playing TE) are having is that Braxton isn't really seeing them just yet. I think Boren's been about as good as you could expect in an Urban offense. Something I noticed Saturday was how much just the regular RB's are blocking on plays for Braxton. Hyde was awesome not only running on that final drive but on the runs Braxton made down the stretch Hyde was destroying people. I don't know how much better a running threat Hyde (or even Hall) is over Boren right now (no one has busted a long one this season other than Braxton) but you'd have to think it's just a little better and helps keep a defense a bit more honest respecting those guys as runners.

And there absolutely isn't a truly explosive playmaker on the offense other than Braxton right now. Smith is a good/decent deep threat but he's not a shifty guy at all (as evidenced by his awkward looking returns). Spencer is very similar to Smith but not as good so he's not playing much. I thought Philly might find a way to squeak into that role but he hasn't shown too much either. He seems to be a decent extension of the running game on the bubble screens. 4-5 yards a pop isn't stellar but it moves the chains and helps keep the defense spread out. Then as you mentioned, Hall (who would have been a very poor man's Percy Harvin anyways) has been out which has taken some things away from what Urban and Herman hoped to do. But like you said, EzE and Jalin come in next year (along with Jacobs who might need a year or so of strength training) and I think one of them will immediately fill the Percy role.

Then the OL... have loved their play this year. Haven't really noticed them that much which is absolutely a good thing. No getting blown by by speedy DE's, not getting pushed back horribly by big DT's, not constantly getting called for false starts, no awful snaps, etc., etc. Then the way they dominated LATE in the game against the best defense OSU will play all season... a great testament to their attitude and conditioning.

Reid Fragel has been a nice suprise moving over to the tackle position from TE. I was a bit worried but he has been very good. Hell he was dominating Gholston on saturday. I havent noticed many false starts, holding, ect...which like you said is a good thing. You never wanna hear an o-linemans number called during a game as its most likely gonna be a penalty haha.

I agree that no running back has stepped up and shown they have the ability to be a game changer. That needs to change, running Braxton all the time will eventually catch up to either he (injury) or OSU (loss). I am not a fan of Urbans offense really, he has only produced I believe 1 1000 yard running back during his time as a head coach. I understand a ton of backs are getting touches and Braxton is basically the runningback, but they have got to find some other playmakers.

I think had Hyde or Hall stayed healthy one of them may have made it. I think Hyde and the OL are going to really dominate the rest of the season (again, if Hyde can stay healthy).

And Urban talked about that 1,000 yard stat maybe before the season started. Think he had a back at Utah with 996 or 998 or something one year...lol. Then he admitted he just couldn't find a power back at Florida. At least not one who was worth taking the ball out of Tebow's hands for.

I like the offense. I see what it wants to do and what it can become. And I see that its design is part of what is making the OL look good. They aren't making dumb mistakes but at the same time they're being helped along by the design of the offense. I don't think the talent on this OL is better than last year's but thanks to the play calling they look a LOT better. They lose guys like Brewster and Adams (I know Brewster has started at least a couple games for Jacksonville and I know Adams went in for an injured guy against the Broncos in week 1) and look this much better? That's an insane statement as to how bad the offensive line coaching and play calling was at least last year.

Reid Fragel has been a nice suprise moving over to the tackle position from TE. I was a bit worried but he has been very good. Hell he was dominating Gholston on saturday. I havent noticed many false starts, holding, ect...which like you said is a good thing. You never wanna hear an o-linemans number called during a game as its most likely gonna be a penalty haha.

I agree that no running back has stepped up and shown they have the ability to be a game changer. That needs to change, running Braxton all the time will eventually catch up to either he (injury) or OSU (loss). I am not a fan of Urbans offense really, he has only produced I believe 1 1000 yard running back during his time as a head coach. I understand a ton of backs are getting touches and Braxton is basically the runningback, but they have got to find some other playmakers.

You don't think they are doing exactly that? Thats all Meyer has been talking about this season and they are not stepping up. Hence why the offense is miller. MSU knew Miller was the offense and they couldn't stop him. He needs to work on his reads and you will see a Hyde/Smith become more prevalent.

Yep, Braxton is still making the wrong decisions with regards to the read option and the simple fact that he tends to decide who he's going to throw to before the ball is even snapped. But he's a sophomore who has only been getting real QB coaching for about 6 months now (going back to spring practice since before that was just winter conditioning and Sicilololololiano). Once he's fully matured in that regard and there are multiple Jalin Marshall's and Jake Stoneburner's and Devin Smith's lining up all around him then... it's gonna be nice.

Talking college football stuff with some friends and wanted to point out the exact moment I started to dislike Urban at UF because of how smug and arrogant he was and I found it...

They had 1 loss at the time and just squeaked by an unranked South Carolina team by blocking a last second FG and he responds to that question with "Of course we do." I still remember thinking what a douchebag he was that night...lol. HE'S OUR SMUG, ARROGANT DOUCHEBAG NOW THOUGH. AND I LOVE IT.

I have had good luck buying off craigslist (knock on wood), hell I bought my 2 tix for last years Wisconsin game for $150 off there.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/alittlelessordinary/75688_10151044474167213_1698244607_n.jpg

I have a buddy that has been duped off of there. you can report your tickets lost and they deactivate them, but you still have the tickets. People run scams by selling the deactivated originals

yes. he has rustled the collective jimmies of the big 10. maybe in the big picture, he is just what the conference needed.

did you see the handshake with him and dantonio at the end of the game? lollerific.

Was fantastic. Granted OSU wins against Wisconsin that should be a nice handshake as well.

You guys see Lolo Jones responding to a joke tweet from Eric LeGrand? Here's the most important parts...

A4QAY8UCQAA_s3u.png

Basically, Eric LeGrand (former Rutgers football player who is paralyzed) jokingly challenged her to a race. She talked shit back to him. People called her out on it as they should. And she still doesn't get it.

Figured it fit here since most people in this thread will understand how ridiculous it is since we all know who Eric LeGrand is.