Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I'm sure LJ or someone else saw the post on 11W. Supposedly Urban had the entire freshman class drug tested recently and as a result one player is gone. Probably someone who hasn't played yet. Hope it's not Dodson. My guess would be Southward.

And I'm sure LJ or someone else saw the post on 11W. Supposedly Urban had the entire freshman class drug tested recently and as a result one player is gone. Probably someone who hasn't played yet. Hope it's not Dodson. My guess would be Southward.

I usually only read the most active threads so i havent noticed it yet

The most ridiculous part to me was how she wasn't even sorry after the whole thing. I don't know Lolo's media history but I get the impression from others that this isn't the first stupid thing she's done.

that is what I think is hte sad part... Not that she made the comment and "talked shit" but after finding out, she didnt even apologize, instead played the victim herself, WTF?

Why should she have to apologize for being a competitive person, after being called out? She is the victim, she is being trashed publicly, for talking shit to a disabled person, despite not knowing the person was disabled, and despite the trash talk being strictly related to her area of competition, (well, not the concussion joke), and not some distasteful joke about the persons disability.

Why should she have to apologize for being a competitive person, after being called out? She is the victim, she is being trashed publicly, for talking shit to a disabled person, despite not knowing the person was disabled, and despite the trash talk being strictly related to her area of competition, (well, not the concussion joke), and not some distasteful joke about the persons disability.

Yup, couldn't agree more.

I get that, but AFTER finding out it was a joke, and the guy was disabled, you would htink she would say "oh, my bad" in the least, maybe acknowledge foot inserted in mouth... but nope.

I get that, but AFTER finding out it was a joke, and the guy was disabled, you would htink she would say "oh, my bad" in the least, maybe acknowledge foot inserted in mouth... but nope.

I can agree that it's hardly the most graceful way to handle the situation, but I don't think it makes her a terrible person.

I like football, not track, starting in 3, 2 ...

Haha... I tried to get it off the Lolo shit with my post about someone being off the team, potentially.

And from the sound of it my guess might be right. Ozone saying it's a WR I guess? Only freshmen WR's are Southward (who hasn't played), Epitropolous (also hasn't played and may be the punter moving forward) and Michael Thomas.

Thomas is scary because I really like him. He had a monster spring game and I think moving forward he could be a great slot WR. We don't really have that right now. We have 2 big outside guys (Spencer and Smith), a hybrid who can't seem to shake a tackle (Philly) and some other guys who really don't play. Thomas was catching tons of stuff over the middle in the spring game. Seemed Sanzenbacher-like in the way he was constantly finding ways to get open in the zone. Also, Thomas was not on the travel roster for the MSU game. He actually was there but for some reason he was left off the roster given to the media before the game.

Wasn't any mention in today's post-practice update from Meyer, etc. either.

One of the recruiting guys on 247 said today that James Quick is actually quietly favoring OSU. Publicly he puts Louisville first to keep hometown pressure off but those close to him all believe he really favors OSU. That would be nice. Most people already consider Gibson in (as long as whatever he has to take care of is taken care of) so Gibson, Quick, Marshall, Zeke, etc., etc. Loading up on the potential playmakers Meyer needs for his offense to run the way he wants it to.

Looks like it's definitely Southward but the drug test thing may have been BS. Kid just feels too far from home and may have left the team on his own. Could very well change his mind (like Chris Fields did in the spring) so nothing concrete yet.

Get off the ledge, remember this is the same OSU team that was up by 21 on Nebraska, in Nebraska last year. I dont think its the same OSU team that will blow that lead though.

In other news, dont be suprised if Cardale Jones (3rd string qb) is gone here soon. Kids mouth might have just gotten him in trouble. Over summer it was rumored that he was unhappy and didnt fit into Urbans offense at all: http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8466428/ohio-state-buckeyes-cardale-jones-tweets-classes-pointless

I am more worried about neb than I was about msu. Neb willl spread osu out on D, and we have been getting assraped in space. (Missing tackles, not wrapping up, not finishing the play, etc)

Right with you on that. OSU's offense is going to have to be firing on all cylinders because I think it's going to be a B1G shootout. So not 70-63 like WVU-Baylor last week but I could see the losing team right around 30.