Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OSU had Tennessee and UGA scheduled but had to cancel UT because of the B1G moving to a 9-game conference schedule starting in 2017 and the UGA series because of the B1G-Pac 12 agreement which I believe is no longer happening. But they've got Vandy next season. So there's that.

Gonna be in my mid-30's when these Texas games happen. :no:

Read on Bleacher that a lot of the SEC teams won't schedule with the B1G schools, they're just fine playing in the SEC. Maybe a little too high on their own stink?? But until someone proves them wrong in the title game not much we can do about it I guess.

Couple posts from the Scout "premium" board I've been meaning to share. Basically about Meyer's continuous ramping up of the competitive nature in the program...

First one is from DaddyBuiltRacing's favorite... nevadabuck! Regarding changes to "the walk" to the stadium...

1) Used to be that everyone on the squad could walk---not so anymore----going on the walk is a privilege, and reserved for only the 65 members of the travel squad. Everyone else meets at the stadium

2) No head phones. Used to be the walk was dominated by guys bopping to the music---no more----you make eye contact with the fans and interact with them. Slap hands?? absolutely the more the merrier....

3) Used to be the police would make an aisle 6 people wide---not anymore----its narrow--one person at a time wide, and players are encouraged to make as much contact with the fans as possible. The police used to scream at you to get you out of the way---now they are almost like cheerleaders

4) Black jackets for all. If you don't have one, OSU will provide you with one.

Meyer likes to control all aspects of his program. Including how his guys walk from the hotel to the stadium . Hard to argue with his track record or his results.

Next one from a former player. Think he was an OL in the early- to mid-90's.

Listened to Coach Meyer talk today and he had some interesting things to say... This kind of piggybacks off of what Nevada wrote about and how on,y the 65 that dress will go through the team walk.

He said today's practice is going to be AWFUL for the guys that don't play (Tuesdays practice). He said if you don't play in the game, essentially you have 5 days off. You practice hard Tuesday and Wednesday, then have off the rest of the week. Because of depth, guys like Jack Mewhort were on FG team with 30 seconds left and then you got some backup OL who is on the bench more worried about if there is going to be turkey or ham sandwiches after the game.

He said he is going to figure out who wants to work and get better... If you aren't willing to work and get better, then you need to go (in his words) "Bye Bye" and then he did a little waiving motion. Guys are taking up free rides and getting all the perks of playing for OSU and that needs to stop!

I have a feeling we are going to start to see a lot more attrition before spring ball.

I told everyone when Coach Mick was hired that he would "challenge your will to play football." And that Urban would do the same thing... This is what I am talking about... They are laying down the hammer making this team as tough as nails. Truly, the games are not nearly as hard as the practices and workouts. That's why you are seeing us take over in the 4thQ. Guys are still able to go with relentless effort in the 4th like they did in the 1st.

I wouldn't be surprised if this class gets up to 25.

I just came to post this as well, that is the hot rumor coming from some reliable insiders apparently. He was a monster at LB in highschool, look up his stats if you can find them. Does this mean Klein is moving over to Sabino's spot? Just shows the lack of depth at LB and that kids like Trey Dupreist and the kid who went to Texas (cant think of name right this second) are coming back to bite us in the ass.

The more I think about this the less it makes sense....OSU runs a nickel most the time, Klein and Shazier will be the linebackers. Storm is the stating MLB isn't he? Also I have thought Grant/Perry played decently in the limited action they have gotten. Either they must really suck or Boren has shown the coaches something that he hasn't in 3 1/2 years this week lol.

Bored and was looking for stats on Boren and found something that I found interesting, "The Buckeyes now have four linebackers in their class. Boren joins Jordan Whiting". 2 of those 4 aren't even here anymore, Boren was moved to Fb and Klein has under performed for the most part. Its amazing how on paper a class or position can look loaded only to look back years later and wonder wtf happened.

Edited by DaddyBuiltRacing

A Pickerington guy posted it first on Scout's "insiders" forum. Then nevada came in and confirmed as most of the forum called the original poster a troll...lol.

I don't think he's going to get a ton of snaps because Indiana runs a spread so OSU will be in nickel even more than usual. Maybe he's got a good nose for screens? Indiana LOVES them some screens and OSU has been awful against them so far this season.

I really don't know how to interpret it though. Are the young LB's that bad? Are they trying to just get Zach on the field more since he's a senior and a kid Meyer really likes and they just don't use the FB enough? Has the staff essentially given up on Curtis Grant?

Boren is a tank. He would run LB drills all the time. Unfortunately many times against me (I would get flattened lol). Being a good linebacker has more to do with your first 3 steps and how quick they are than knowing the playbook. I can't wait to see Zach lay down some pain.

I really don't know how to interpret it though. Are the young LB's that bad? Are they trying to just get Zach on the field more since he's a senior and a kid Meyer really likes and they just don't use the FB enough? Has the staff essentially given up on Curtis Grant?

My same thoughts exactly!!!

He's not having an awful game. Still on pace for nearly 400 yards through the air.

Pretty funny I actually stopped watching that game when WVU scored their first TD because they looked like regular old WVU at that point.

Also funny that this game still isn't anywhere near out of WVU's reach with what their offense is capable of.

He isn't having a great game now that I look at his stats, he is 19/34 with 175 yards 1TD. Now look at Techs qb stats lol, 21/30 336 yards and 4td's. You are right though WVU can score with quickness, but it's the defense that has me thinking this is upset city.

Another game to keep an eye on is #10 Oregon State vs BYU, tied up 14 all right now