Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picture from Dorial Green-Beckham (#1 player in the country) press conference...

http://i.imgur.com/CYqaO.jpg

Just insane coverage this stuff gets now. I think at least a few of us remember Pryor's press conference on national signing day to announce that he wasn't announcing though...lol.

OSU will be picking up LB Jamal Marcus when he announces here in a half hour or so and then hopefully OT Kyle Dodson when he announces just after noon. That kid's recruitment has been all over the place the last week or so (USC/OSU - Kiffin vs. Meyer begins yet again) but people are starting to say it will be OSU.

Yeah, DGB signed with Mizzou. Was announced around 10AM I think. Think Terrelle Pryor at WR (where a lot of people wanted him anyways...lol).

Diggs and Neal are post-signing day announcements/signings. Neal supposed to visit Arizona this weekend I think and Diggs visiting Maryland. Sounds like OSU is firmly in it for both of them. Dodson's announcement is going on right now. Bunch of other Cleveland Heights kids signing their LOI's to lesser schools then Dodson announces last but apparently his fax is already in to OSU so it's just a formality.

So Meyer is now the most hated guy in the B10 lol. If you think I hate him, just think how all the schools he stole recruits from are feeling haha.

They raised the ticket price for spring game from $5 to $7 fwiw lol

I believe Dantonio added coaches to Ohio for recruiting.

It's pretty obvious that Tressel was "too nice" in many areas other than just scoring

I was in class all morning. Not gonna lie Dodsons announcement was one of the coolest I have seen haha. For those that didnt see it, he had his teamates come around him like a pregame hype, they he did some chant and they all said oh yeah, and then he said Ohio State

Tress was a goo recruiter, look at all the kids he has in the NFL... I really never understood why people got on his ass so much about how he couldnt close ect, you can't force a kid to sign with you, you can only do your best to try and persuade him you know.

That's not what I am saying.

Tressel would go by the "gentleman's agreement" and not talk to some of the other B1G commits. Meyer doesn't care and is going to go after whoever he wants.

The "Tressel can't close" stuff was pretty funny. He closed just fine it's just he did it before the season even started...lol. The 2008-2011 classes were pretty special under Tressel but they had plenty of success with his lesser classes in the first part of his stay here. Meyer will be at 2008 level and above every single year.

The closing thing all came from kids deciding on/around NSD and how Tressel's OSU would fall short a lot. They did land Pryor in 2008 well after NSD, Grant last year on NSD then some Glenville kids throughout the years because they were told to hold off by Ginn Sr. to get more exposure for other players at Glenville but there were a lot of "2nd place finishes" late in the process under Tressel that will be greatly reduced under Meyer.

I cant think of 1 player that Tress lost out on late that ended up doing anything

Aundrey Walker? Seantrel Henderson? Those 2 are still young but honestly I wasn't that upset when they chose to go elsewhere. Thats the thing that drives me crazy, the kids he "missed" on, didn't really end up doing much. Maybe I am forgetting someone?

I can't find the Dodson video either, but it gave me goosebumps watching it live, thats how cool it was.

Apparently Nick Saban is up to his usual tactics. Last week he told a kid who was already comitted that there wasn't enough room for him and they were only taking 26. Well guess what? He lied lol. They are at 28 currently, they also apparently told another commit that he would have to grey shirt in order to come to Alabama. The NCAA seriously needs to look into shit like this, if you follow recruiting or cfb, pay attention next year to how many kids Alabama deems "ineligible or medical released".