Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lmfao, but he has brains becasue its hard to qualify at ND...thats one of the things that has killed them with recruiting.

ummm, not really. I mean, it means he isnt fucking stupid... but Its not like you need to be the top of your class in joe-shmoe public high school. Just dont be the lower 3rd dipshit.

But in that case though, I would think he wouldn't wait till signing day to pull his offer. That is unless he did and Neal just couldn't take a hint?

Very possible that he "couldn't take a hint." Also, Diggs' visit was so recent they may not have had time to 1) get a read on Diggs and 2) inform Neal that his spot was no longer available.

Oh, back on the Teague story... I wonder what big football school will pick him up after a year, and the media will spin it as a sob story for "look at how [insert big football school here] gave this young man a second chance to make something of himself"

ummm, not really. I mean, it means he isnt fucking stupid... but Its not like you need to be the top of your class in joe-shmoe public high school. Just dont be the lower 3rd dipshit.

They have high standards, it has been a well known thing in recent years. Apparently they have lowered the standards per Brian Kelly's request, guess he doesn't want players smarter then himself haha.

http://jockpost.com/notre-dame-lowers-academic-standards-football-players/

The only thing more arrogant than the SEC is USC.

Yeah but USC has the best chance in my opinion of winning the NC this year outside of a SEC school. For some reason I can stand them more without Pete Carroll then I could with him.

They have high standards, it has been a well known thing in recent years. Apparently they have lowered the standards per Brian Kelly's request, guess he doesn't want players smarter then himself haha.

I am well versed in ND's higher academic standards than most FBS schools, what I am saying is, you dont have to be a fucking pre-med student, or a valedictorian in HS to play football at ND... you just can't be stupid... like most FBS schools allow. Most FBS schools, putting priority on sports instead of academics, will allow students to have failing grades, with plans in place to bring htem back up, or allow you to have a couple D's or something... ND just says, dont be a fucking idiot, and you wont ahve a problem... The issue is, your average STAR football player, is fucking stupid, They can run a slant route like a fucking NFL pro, but they cant figure out high school level geometry class if their life depended on it.

You can be stupid and an idiot and still get into ND. It's kinda like OSU under Tressel/Holbrook. They have standards slightly higher than the NCAA minimum. Which does hurt them and did hurt OSU specifically when it came to recruiting the big swamp monsters from the south with the IQ of a potato who play on the DL. Tressel had to get permission to get kids like Ray Small into OSU under Holbrook. Once Gee came back though OSU was able to get more morons in. And now with Urban that will continue because he wants his big swamp monsters on the DL.

Yeah but USC has the best chance in my opinion of winning the NC this year outside of a SEC school. For some reason I can stand them more without Pete Carroll then I could with him.

Agreed.

I just find the media love of USC to be nauseating a lot of the time. And I hate how fucking good they are, especially in really big games.

And, like I say, if I didn't hate USC, I would love them. They are definitely my favorite team that will never be my favorite team.

You can be stupid and an idiot and still get into ND. It's kinda like OSU under Tressel/Holbrook. They have standards slightly higher than the NCAA minimum. Which does hurt them and did hurt OSU specifically when it came to recruiting the big swamp monsters from the south with the IQ of a potato who play on the DL. Tressel had to get permission to get kids like Ray Small into OSU under Holbrook. Once Gee came back though OSU was able to get more morons in. And now with Urban that will continue because he wants his big swamp monsters on the DL.

:lolguy::lolguy:

lol you deleted the 10 year old article and Bleacher Report article you initially posted.

I just didn't wanna argue without facts supporting my claim, after digging some more I learned they had lowered the standards, which I previously wasn't aware of. BTW word is Meyer told ND that the only way he'd take the job there is if they "dumbed it down" and they said no, thus the reason he went to Florida...just what I read, don't know if it holds any real truth behind it.

Tilley, I hated USC due to the whole Bush/Leinart era, because everyone knew they was cheating but still the likes of ESPN loved them. They had teams that could've beaten some NFL squads during those years lol. They do show up for big games, bastards!

BTW found this on ND's site regarding student admissions...

37% are in the top 1% of their class

52% are in the top 2% of their class

74% are in the top 5% of their class

89% are in the top 10% of their class

The Mid 50% received scores of 1350-1500 on the Math + Critical Reading components of the SAT

The Mid 50% have ACT scores of 32-34

^^ Thats for regular students lol, mind you a 36 is a perfect ACT score

Urban... We don't Redshirt here at Ohio State!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We're going to rotate them right away. We don't redshirt here at Ohio State. We're changing that up. We're going to have the culture out here that there's no redshirting. If you don't play here, it's because you're not good enough. It's not because we're holding you back. We're going to recruit the kind of player where we want them on the field right now. That's the approach we took at Florida, and it's the approach we're going to take here."

What he means to say is "we're going to waste a year of your eligibility by having you rotate on the special teams unit"

Oh and Neal has eliminated OSU from his top 3 lol. Some are saying that his dad wanted "compensation" for his sons LOI, others are saying he was told it was going to be Diggs spot left open and he would have to wait and see what Diggs decided to do.

Here's how much I care about academic integrity in my college football players:

0 fucks

I agree, unless you are talking about what i consider real 'integrity'.. i.e. cheating/fudging grades to make them eligible, etc... then that is a slap in the face to the student who had to pay to take htat class, to get a passing grade, to get their degree.

but when it comes to letting "intellectually challenged" people play on a college team, and reducing academic grade standards for htem to allow it, I could care less. I dont care if a star football player is failing econ101... thats not what he is there for. Let the kid play football, and learn something in hte process. Just dont fuck with his grades to help you out. If he wants a degree, let him earn that shit...

Did they never redshirt kids though? Im too lazy to go back and try finding that information. If he is using it at a ploy to get the best out of his recruits and current players then great. That is one thing I hated about Tress, it seemed like he would find a favorite player and just play them without much competition behind them. I like players pushing theselves out of fear of losing their spot, makes for much better players

I just didn't wanna argue without facts supporting my claim, after digging some more I learned they had lowered the standards, which I previously wasn't aware of. BTW word is Meyer told ND that the only way he'd take the job there is if they "dumbed it down" and they said no, thus the reason he went to Florida...just what I read, don't know if it holds any real truth behind it.

Tilley, I hated USC due to the whole Bush/Leinart era, because everyone knew they was cheating but still the likes of ESPN loved them. They had teams that could've beaten some NFL squads during those years lol. They do show up for big games, bastards!

The Mid 50% received scores of 1350-1500 on the Math + Critical Reading components of the SAT

Who cares about ND? It's not like they are relevant or anything.

And I bet a lot of the athletes bring that down... :lol: but outside of that, yes ND is a very tough and strong academic school...

BTW, not to toot my own horn, but I am proud enough of it considering i didnt study for it...

<-- 1360 SAT (2nd time) (scored a 1260 the first time I took it before my junior year)

<---32 ACT (only took it once)

and I think I am a smart motherfucker, so that impresses me as far as what you showed for their avg admissions.

Well we was talking about them....I am by no means a ND fan and I believe they are living on things that happened 20+ years ago. Minus 2 good seasons under Weis I agree they are not relivant. I also have to question why any top highschool QB would pick ND, but year after year they attract one.

Brady Quinn

Dayne Christ 5* #2 qb in class

Everrett Golson 4* (top qb in South Carolina in his class)

Now Gunner Keil..

They were also in the running for Montana's son a couple years ago.

You know who had a great class and is being over looked, Stanford...go check out the offensive line they just landed.

5 Star OT (#4 in country)

4 Star OT (#9)

4 Star OT (#26)

5 Star OG (#3)

4 Star Center (#4 center in the country)

Plus 2 3* gaurds both #21 and 42

Yeah, Stanford's class is looking pretty good.

As a Florida fan, I'm very happy with the class they got. They got a ton of talent at OL and DL which is where they needed it most. They just need a top flight WR (Diggs) and I'll be happier than a pig in shit

Did they never redshirt kids though? Im too lazy to go back and try finding that information. If he is using it at a ploy to get the best out of his recruits and current players then great. That is one thing I hated about Tress, it seemed like he would find a favorite player and just play them without much competition behind them. I like players pushing theselves out of fear of losing their spot, makes for much better players

They redshirted kids due to injuries. And I think they did play a ton of freshmen. I think it is a great idea to make them compete. This is the way it should be. Redshirting should be for injuries and not saving eligibility because kids couldn't get PT.