Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He doesn't have to sit if he can obtain an waiver for personal reasons, like lets say he wants to be closer to home, coaching changes, etc. But ususally they have to sit.. lol

Those types of waivers are rarely granted. Usually it has to be something like a sick parent. Along those lines of severity

It's interesting because any kid who would rate a "9" is obviously very good. They leave their school, come here and sit out the year OSU is banned from post-season play then jump right into the mix for hopefully a title run in 2013.

I am hoping it is a WR

Found a list of rumored people that could be the transfer coming in. One poster stated it was a good friend of Braxton's so that lead many to speculate Trey Depreist (from Ohio, chose Alabama insead)

Anyways heres the list:

Audrey Walker (Ohio kid who chose USC)

Trey Dipreast

Latwan Anderson (Haha definitley not)

Jordan Hicks (Ohio kid who chose Texas, doubt its him)

Isiah Crowell (running back from Georgia)

JaJuan Story- WR

Sharrif Floyd (Urban told him he had a dream and god told them they needed to be together lmfao)

Dee Hart

Dillon Baxter- Supposedly already enrolled at San Diego St so not him

Guess we will find out soon enough, others are thinking it could be a qb

nevada said it's not Floyd. Really have no idea. nevada said the kid is so good that he'd tell him to stick it out and leave early for the NFL and that's what people around the kid are telling him as well but the kid really wants to come to OSU.

Also, looks like Sheridan is out as an assistant, taking the DC job at Tampa Bay. And the Packers tried to get Drayton a couple weeks ago for some assistant position but he turned them down.

Time for another assistant search...lol.

Just read that Sheridan has left, 2 weeks on the job and already gone lol. I am really intrigued who this supposed transfer is, if he is that good you have to wonder why he would want to leave. Its very rare for a starter on another team to transfer unless they are in trouble or coming from a smaller school to a bigger one to help gain NFL draft status (think Anthony Schleighel)

Just read that Sheridan has left, 2 weeks on the job and already gone lol. I am really intrigued who this supposed transfer is, if he is that good you have to wonder why he would want to leave. Its very rare for a starter on another team to transfer unless they are in trouble or coming from a smaller school to a bigger one to help gain NFL draft status (think Anthony Schleighel)

Schlegal transferred because you either sign your comittment or get booted out of school (Air Force)

OSU hasn't really had a ton of kids transfer in the last 10 years that I can think of, add a name if I forget it

LB: John Kerr (from Indiana)

LB: Anthony Schleigel (from Air Force)

LB: Larry Grant (JuCo transfer)

DB: Dionte Allen (from FSU)

OL: Justin Boren (from Michigan)

For news outside of OSU recruiting...

It looks like (and I am a little late in here with this) that WVU and BE have reached an agreement that lets WVU leave the BE early to start playing in the B12... At the cost of ~$20 Million dollars.

http://www.thedaonline.com/news/wvu-big-east-reveal-settlement-details-1.2783387

It also sounds like the conversations with bringing Boise State into the BE in 2012 are back on the table...

http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2012/2/15/2800312/boise-state-to-big-east-2012

What are they down to, 7 teams in football now?

Pretty sure we have 12 committed for 2013... but 2012 is in question... latest I heard they were talking about bringing Temple back if they cant get Boise to come over next year... uuugh...

So we will be the pun of college football again, yet probably still wax the ACC which gets little-to-no flack...

I am more curious to see how our college basketball dominance will unravel... (that is falling anyway) Supremacy back to the ACC? Oh wait, wrong thread!

Pretty sure we have 12 committed for 2013... but 2012 is in question... latest I heard they were talking about bringing Temple back if they cant get Boise to come over next year... uuugh...

So we will be the pun of college football again, yet probably still wax the ACC which gets little-to-no flack...

I am more curious to see how our college basketball dominance will unravel... (that is falling anyway) Supremacy back to the ACC? Oh wait, wrong thread!

The ACC gets shit in football, there just are not many ACC football fans around flappin their jaws

I'll tell you what is weird, when I was down at the Sugar Bowl a few years ago, both before and after we got romped... The SEC florida fans didnt hardly make any "big least" or conference jokes... It seems that most of hte flack given comes from the Big 10.... which seems to play second fiddle to the SEC, is it a superiority complex as a defense mechanism?

Could be because we're geographically closer to the Big East teams then the SEC schools? I think everyone plays 2nd fiddle to the SEC right now, so I doubt its an inferiority issue lol. No one calls the Big East, the Big Least when it comes to basketball, just football because well, they suck...sorry :(

No, you're down to 7 lol

Cincy

Uconn

Louisville

Pitt

Rutgers

South Florida

Syracuse

Did have West Virginia...

Yea, it is hard to keep track of, here is what i read:

"Even without Syracuse and Pitt, the Big East could have 11 football teams in 2013... Memphis, Central Florida, SMU and Houston from Conference USA are set to join the Big East in 2013 for all sports. Boise State and San Diego State from the Mountain West are slated to join as football-only members in 2013. Navy is scheduled to join in 2015 for just football."

http://www.uticaod.com/m/sports/x1679445558/Big-East-could-let-Syracuse-and-Pitt-leave-early

But as also stated from that article: "The Big East currently has seven members for next season: Pitt, Syracuse, Connecticut, Cincinnati, Louisville, South Florida and Rutgers." which is why I said 2012 was a concern at this point.

Could be because we're geographically closer to the Big East teams then the SEC schools? I think everyone plays 2nd fiddle to the SEC right now, so I doubt its an inferiority issue lol. No one calls the Big East, the Big Least when it comes to basketball, just football because well, they suck...sorry :(

I know, just trash talking. And yes, our record shows we are not a top football conference. We fair well against ACC opponents (which was where I was directing my comments) but as I have argued in the past, though a loss is a loss is a loss, most games are still competitive, with some blowouts out of hte "bottom" BE schools...

The ACC is 2-13 in BCS bowls. They simply know not to talk shit when it comes to football really. Until FSU or Miami can get their shit together they'll continue to bite their tongue.

The Big East became respectable when Rutgers, WVU and Louisville were doing some interesting things but none of them had staying power except for WVU (kinda) and they're leaving...lol.