Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

This is true... but you have to keep in mind, the BE wasnt created to be a football powerhouse, they have always been a dominate basketball conference, that was what they were there for. That is what got UC an invitation to the conference. I think for hte last few years they ahve been trying to build the argument, but it will never be a winning one. There is just not football pedigree in the conference.

Every time a school gets to where they show they can be dominate and very good in football, they run off to a football conference, because hte $$$$ are much larger in football than in basketball.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont have a problem with the big east until Cincy fans started coming out of the woodwork because they had 1-2 good years and claimed they would beat OSU lol. Yeah 2012 is when they have 7, 2013 they are adding some schools. How the hell those schools fit into the "east" is beyond me lol. Gotta love realignment huh.

Which ACC schools won BCS games, FSU? Didn't Miami win theirs while still part of the Big East?

I dont have a problem with the big east until Cincy fans started coming out of the woodwork because they had 1-2 good years and claimed they would beat OSU lol. Yeah 2012 is when they have 7, 2013 they are adding some schools. How the hell those schools fit into the "east" is beyond me lol. Gotta love realignment huh.

Which ACC schools won BCS games, FSU? Didn't Miami win theirs while still part of the Big East?

Yup, when Miami was very dominate, they were in the BE, then jumped ship.

And yea, I know what you are getting at with the Cincy fans in both 2009, and this year. But think of it from the perspective of being proud to be "good" in a sport that they have struggled to be good at. Pride overtakes sense at times. But I would also argue that both in 2009 and this year an OSU vs UC matchup would have been a great game. I know most of the OSU bitterness comes from the "bUCkeye state" t-shirts... which were over the top, but a brilliant marketing ploy to cincy fans. Also keep in mind, in Cincy there is always a desire to rally around a winning sports team, especially in football, since it something the city strugges with, lol. The rallying around hte football team also coincided with the fact that most UC fans needed something to latch onto after Huggy was ran out of town and our basketball dominance suffered tremendously.

I gotha, not all of you guys are terrible, so I hold no ill regard lol. I mean hell one of my buddies is a Michigan fan, poor guy. Thats the thing I love about college football more then any other sport, it brings good conversation and arguments, even amongst fans of the same school haha

FSU is 1-5 and VT is 1-4 (think 1-5 if you count their BE BCS appearance). There's the 2 wins. Miami has not even been to a BCS bowl as a member of the ACC...lol. Really curious to see what kind of sanctions they get for their crap if anything. Their stuff and Oregon's have both just fallen completely off the radar. I think the media wore itself out a bit going after OSU.

2009 OSU would have ripped UC a new asshole at the end of the season. Would have been a close game early in the season.

If you mean after BK said "fuck you, Im off to ND" then I would agree...

before hand, not so much. We had a top 10 FBS offense, 6th in passing yards. Our average scoring drive was under 2 minutes. Which also lead to poor defensive stats because our defense spent so much time on the field they got tired.... but we were really good defending hte pass, as well as near the top in sacks... but against the run, not so much (which is what OSU was fairly good at) So I still say it would be a good game. Hell, i think our Sugar Bowl performance would hve been MUCH better against anyone but a pissed off Florida team. (other than what would have been a pissed off Alabama team). Just think, we were like 1-3 points shy of going to the NCG that year... holy hell that would have been disasterous :lolguy:

If you mean after BK said "fuck you, Im off to ND" then I would agree...

before hand, not so much. We had a top 10 FBS offense, 6th in passing yards. Our average scoring drive was under 2 minutes. Which also lead to poor defensive stats because our defense spent so much time on the field they got tired.... but we were really good defending hte pass, as well as near the top in sacks... but against the run, not so much (which is what OSU was fairly good at) So I still say it would be a good game. Hell, i think our Sugar Bowl performance would hve been MUCH better against anyone but a pissed off Florida team. (other than what would have been a pissed off Alabama team). Just think, we were like 1-3 points shy of going to the NCG that year... holy hell that would have been disasterous :lolguy:

Look what OSU's defense did to Oregon that year.... just think what they would have done to UC

I am interested in seeing what happens to TCU if anything, I just read 9 players failed drug test

The kids involved are fucked. They sold drugs to undercover cops. It's just 4 kids but 1 was a starter, another was the team's leading tackler in 2010 (sat out last season with an injury) and I don't know the other 2. I hope the NCAA stays out of it. They have enough on their plate. They should have stayed out of the PSU thing as well at least until all the dust settled. Granted they haven't really "done" anything, coming out and making statements including terms like "lack of institutional control" was inappropriate IMO.

And on the OSU recruiting front, TE Mike Heuerman out of FL is in town today for a visit. Obviously, he's the younger brother of OSU TE Jeff Heuerman. He's probably a top 3 TE prospect in the country. Got his OSU offer today and will be a Buckeye.

Since everyone was looking for the next Percy Harvin, here's the next Aaron Hernandez. :gabe:

The kids involved are fucked. They sold drugs to undercover cops. It's just 4 kids but 1 was a starter, another was the team's leading tackler in 2010 (sat out last season with an injury) and I don't know the other 2. I hope the NCAA stays out of it. They have enough on their plate. They should have stayed out of the PSU thing as well at least until all the dust settled. Granted they haven't really "done" anything, coming out and making statements including terms like "lack of institutional control" was inappropriate IMO.

NCAA needs to keep their noses out out anything not specifically stated in their bylaws.

Well last night as I mentioned previously I met Tressell, he was a super nice guy. I got him to sign my kids helmet, this makes 2 members of the NC team on it. I swear this kid better grow up and love OSU lol

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/alittlelessordinary/helmet.jpg

Michigan got 8 commits over the weekend including 2 Pickerington kids. Neither had an OSU offer. One doesn't even start for his HS team most of the time (Taco Charlton). It's funny how excited they are that Hoke "stole" these kids right from under Urban's nose.

Yeah, the 2 kids they got from Pickerington... Taco Charlton and Jake Butt. Taco Butt.

Butt is actually ranked in the top 100 on Rivals but Rivals has about no one covering the midwest so I don't know how they gave him that evaluation. North almost never passes the ball and I think Michigan took him as a TE. If they took him as a DE he's no where near as good as any of the DE's OSU brought in in the 2012 class.

Combine is taking place, just saw a couple updates on former buckeyes.

Posey ran a 4.37 (his stock just rose)

Brewster measured in at 6'2 (listed on OSU's roster at 6'5 lmfao)

Adams only repped 225 19times...

RG3 ran 4.38 and supposedly Washington is ready to give up their 1,2,3 this year and next years 1 in order to move up and get him

They list RG3 as a 4.41 as well....could've been unofficial times? Kind of weird that both of those players times have been changed.

Adams is prob gonna go around pick 22 or later, not bad for someone who missed most of their senior season. A lot of the "experts" are giving him hell for only doing 19 reps, apparently that was 5th worst amongst all offensive linemen. I'm not huge on 40 times or bench pressing at a combine as much as I am what you see on gameday ya know. However to a NFL GM, 40's and 225 bench reps mean the world lol. I always found it funny that a 330lb offensive lineman who didnt run a fast 40 was knocked for it, how often does a o-lineman run 40 yards?

Boom ran a 4.65...

They list RG3 as a 4.41 as well....could've been unofficial times? Kind of weird that both of those players times have been changed.

Adams is prob gonna go around pick 22 or later, not bad for someone who missed most of their senior season. A lot of the "experts" are giving him hell for only doing 19 reps, apparently that was 5th worst amongst all offensive linemen. I'm not huge on 40 times or bench pressing at a combine as much as I am what you see on gameday ya know. However to a NFL GM, 40's and 225 bench reps mean the world lol. I always found it funny that a 330lb offensive lineman who didnt run a fast 40 was knocked for it, how often does a o-lineman run 40 yards?

Boom ran a 4.65...

Sometimes the reporters will hand time them, so that is most likely what you saw first.

With Adams, the length of his arms and him being more "lengthy" in general makes it harder for him to put up a ton of reps. Much easier for a 6'1 300 lb barrel chested guy to put up 40 reps than a 6'8 lanky guy to put up even 30 reps