Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

It's nice to see these kids Urban is "pushing out" according to Michigan fans say things like this on their way out...

"Thank u all for ur support! N deep inside I will be a Buckeye bcz its part of who I am! Thank u all! :)"

Complete opposite of what you saw out of kids leaving when Rich Rod landed in Ann Arbor or the horror stories you hear from kids in the SEC who all of a sudden just weren't on scholarship when fall camp starts.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read this as well on scout. He was Kentuckys player of the year his senior year iirc, I really thought the 09 class would turn out better then they have :(

Marcus Hall- Hasnt done much

Kenny Guiton- Career backup

Jamaal Berry- Kicked out of school

Sam Longo- Transfered

Johnathan Newsome- Has played very little

Corey Brown- Buried on depth chart

Carlos Hyde- Has done decent when given the chance

Duron Carter- Flunked out/transfered to Alabama (still not enrolled lol)

Adam Bellamy- Has played in the DL rotation

Dominic Clarke- Kicked off team

Reid Fragle- Converted to OT (will see how he does)

James Jackson- Transfered

Zach Boren- Monster!!

Corey Linsley- Has played sparingly (probable starter this year)

Melvin Fellows- Medical Hardship

Jordan Hall- Starting RB most likely this year (hasnt impressed me)

Dorian Bell- Transfered

Jamie Wood- Buried on depth chart

Chris Fields- Has played sparingly (did have a nice punt return td last year)

CJ Barnett- Has played decent when healthy

Adam Homan- Will never contribute

Jack Mewhort- Probable starter this year

John Simon- Absolute stud

Storm Klein- Has played, but not very well (could has starting job taken from him this year)

Jordan Whiting- Transfered

So 8 out of 25 are not even on the team any more. Only 2 maybe 3 (Simon/Boren & J. Hall) have done anything worth mentioning while at OSU. This class looked like another great class from Tress following the 08 haul

Marcus Hall- Hasnt done much - will start this year by most accounts

Kenny Guiton- Career backup - never should have been offered

Jamaal Berry- Kicked out of school

Sam Longo- Transfered - never should have been offered

Johnathan Newsome- Has played very little - actually he transferred too

Corey Brown- Buried on depth chart - bad knee injury too

Carlos Hyde- Has done decent when given the chance

Duron Carter- Flunked out/transfered to Alabama (still not enrolled lol)

Adam Bellamy- Has played in the DL rotation

Dominic Clarke- Kicked off team

Reid Fragle- Converted to OT (will see how he does) - looks to be the starter this year at LT

James Jackson- Transfered

Zach Boren- Monster!!

Corey Linsley- Has played sparingly (probable starter this year) - starting center it looks like

Melvin Fellows- Medical Hardship

Jordan Hall- Starting RB most likely this year (hasnt impressed me) - hasn't impressed me either - nevada LOVES him and praises him every chance like a fool though

Dorian Bell- Transfered

Jamie Wood- Buried on depth chart

Chris Fields- Has played sparingly (did have a nice punt return td last year)

CJ Barnett- Has played decent when healthy

Adam Homan- Will never contribute - should have redshirted as a freshman to create separation between him and Boren although after this year, and only because Boren is too good for Meyer not to utilize him this year, the FB position will be all but dead

Jack Mewhort- Probable starter this year

John Simon- Absolute stud

Storm Klein- Has played, but not very well (could has starting job taken from him this year) - Storm was called out (along with Sabino and Shazier - see a trend? we NEED LB's) by Meyer early on and has responded very well in the weight room under Marotti - we'll see if it translates to the field

Jordan Whiting- Transfered

And I agree that the '09 class has had its disappointments. Just like the '08 class that was supposed to be amazing. Some great players. First rounders in that class. But some big-time headcases who ultimately led to their coach being fired. Tressel had serious problems knowing how to treat superstar athletes. Clarett, Ginn, Troy, Pryor, etc.

Some of the linemen have time to do something, so I will agree with you on that. They had better get it going now though cause the window is closing on their time here. Also where did you read that Linsley is going to be the starting center, thats the first I have heard of that. Everything I read had him at Gaurd and Bobek at Center...

Storm is a local kid so I always pull for him, he just hasnt done much while at OSU. I watched him in highschool probablly 25 times since it was a 5 minute drive to Hanover. He was definitley the biggest guy on the field in highschool, but looks small and slow in d1 cfb

Storm is a long athlete which might explain why you say he looks "small". He was 240 last year and is down to 227 now so they're trying to make him faster.

And I posted nevada's projected starting OL a couple pages ago I think...

LT - Fragel

LG - Norwell

C - Linsley

RG - Hall

RT - Mewhort

Bobek hasn't been able to get his weight/strength up enough to take over the starting spot yet. Mewhort is reportedly a monster so they like him out at the RT spot. Was kinda surprised to see him there over Norwell.

Kinda suprised to see Fragel at LT, thats a pretty important spot and kinda nervous about leaving that responsibility to a TE. As for Storm he's not that tall, so idk how you consider him "long". I think Sabino and Shazier look much longer compared to Storm. If you watch games, Storm is definitley the slowest of the linebackers and it stands out big time. Again I root for him as he is a hometown kid, but I just dont think he has done much while at OSU. It could've been a perfect marketing thing though, the Storm Troopers lol

TE under Tressel/Bollman was basically an extra tackle anyways. And he's up to 297 last I saw. He'll be fine. And Storm is listed at 6-2 but when you said small I thought back to watching games and I agreed. But he has long arms that are pretty skinny. Really skinny when you consider he's a 240lb. LB.

Haha yeah thats what I am saying, he just looks small at the D1 level. In highschool he was bigger then most of the o-linemen and d-linemen he faced and absoltuely dominated (look at his rushing stats). Once he got to college it was apparent that he hadn't really been challenged in highschool due to the competition level he faced week in and week out (trust me our local schools suck at football haha).

Hopefully Freigle pans out, just shows we were absolutely bare at the Tackle position. Hell the line depth is thin as a whole right now. Should change after this class though as I have read we're looking to take 5 linemen?

Not really, 4.7 YPC and only 7 tackles.

Im sure you could've done better :dumb:

33 carries for 155 yards with a busted kidney....again he dominated and was the best player on the field that day regardless of what a stat sheet might show. I was in the stands and until reading about his injury the following day in the paper couldn't tell he was injured.

Im sure you could've done better :dumb:

What does that have to do with the fact that he only carried for 4.7 ypc and had 7 tackles?

33 carries for 155 yards with a busted kidney....again he dominated and was the best player on the field that day regardless of what a stat sheet might show. I was in the stands and until reading about his injury the following day in the paper couldn't tell he was injured.

I'd say Will Studlien with his 22 tackles and the BW secondary with 3 INT's on LV's 13 pass attempts (BW caught 23% of the LV passes thrown, while LV caught 46% :dumb:) dominated the game.

LV ran the ball 58 times because that is all they could do. 4.7 YPC is not dominating the game. Charlie Smith against Upper Sandusky in the first round in 2001 carrying the ball 10 times for 373 yards is domination.

I was in the stands too, cheering on my alma mater, getting somewhere that a bunch of us started in 2000 with our first ever trip to the playoffs, and finally getting that championship in 2007, something LV still doesn't have.

I'm not an LV fan, in fact I get tired of hearing about them as most out there believe they could actually compete with Newark (Newark sucks but would still spank Valleys asses).They feel as if they are the geatest thing since sliced bread because they had a nice run vs the likes of teams such as Lakewood, Heath and Newark Catholic..vs D1 schools such as Newark faces they'd get rolled by 70 per game, hell Newark gets rolled by that much lol. I just followed Storm because I had seen him play when he was a 6th grader and you could tell then that he had the chance to be something special. Valley has never had a passing game so what were you trying to prove with that? I don't think anyone was discussing which team dominated, turnovers and attempting to run trick plays also doomed LV. Studlien was 100% healthy, that always helps things. Overall I wasn't that impressed with him...

FWIW its interesting to see how neither of those 2 have done much while in college. Studlien hasn't had much luck breaking through at Northwestern and Storm is basically a starter by default..

I'm not an LV fan, in fact I get tired of hearing about them as most out there believe they could actually compete with Newark (Newark sucks but would still spank Valleys asses).They feel as if they are the geatest thing since sliced bread because they had a nice run vs the likes of teams such as Lakewood, Heath and Newark Catholic..vs D1 schools such as Newark faces they'd get rolled by 70 per game, hell Newark gets rolled by that much lol. I just followed Storm because I had seen him play when he was a 6th grader and you could tell then that he had the chance to be something special. Valley has never had a passing game so what were you trying to prove with that? I don't think anyone was discussing which team dominated, turnovers and attempting to run trick plays also doomed LV. Studlien was 100% healthy, that always helps things. Overall I wasn't that impressed with him...

FWIW its interesting to see how neither of those 2 have done much while in college. Studlien hasn't had much luck breaking through at Northwestern and Storm is basically a starter by default..

Studlien is extremely instinctual, but he just doesn't have the measurables that Klein does. He also has a problem of overrunning plays, but in HS had the speed and strength to make up for it. I still follow him a bit and that seems to be his biggest problem at NW. Gets too excited and keeps overrunning plays. That 2007 BW team had 5 guys go FCS and FBS. Crazy for a public D3 school.

They list Will at 6'2 225....thats the same size as Storm from what Zack is saying (Storm down from 240lbs). Its always interesting to see how guys progress from highschool to cfb to the NFL. A lot of times its kids that are over looked who turn out to be studs, for instance the kid from Boston College (ohio kid over looked by OSU) who many feel will be a top 10-15 pick in this years NFL draft (Luke Kuechley). While other times highschool studs don't turn out to do much at the next level.

Will Studlien... there's a name I remember. Kid tried to "force" the issue with OSU to get an offer going off of very, very bad advice from an "insider"/creep on Bucknuts (Studlien's mom posted there) by basically threatening to commit early to Illinois then I think he ended up tearing his ACL playing lacrosse or something?

Also, the big transfer name has been released as it is not going to happen now... was Aaron Lynch. Big-time DE at ND. Was a 5-star out of HS. Hates it at ND and hates Brian Kelly but will stick it out another 2 seasons and leave early for the NFL.

Will Studlien... there's a name I remember. Kid tried to "force" the issue with OSU to get an offer going off of very, very bad advice from an "insider"/creep on Bucknuts (Studlien's mom posted there) by basically threatening to commit early to Illinois then I think he ended up tearing his ACL playing lacrosse or something?
Yeah, Rugby. Then got a ton of offers pulled (even though at the time Zook had like 65 or so offers out for his class), then was slow coming back his senior year. Most everything now talks about how he is a "hard worker". My guess is that he lost a step from the injury. Oh well, he is getting a free education at Northwestern. Not too much to complain about there.

I actually typed rugby then changed it to lacrosse...lol. Knew it was one of the two. And yeah, there are definitely people out there doing a lot worse than getting a free education at Northwestern.

Just checked my inbox on Scout and I still have PM's about Studlien from over 4 years ago...lol. The creep on Bucknuts was basically telling Studlien and his mom that he would "lead them to the promised land" and instructed him to decline interviews with anyone but Bucknuts then guided him in his interviews where he was basically threatening to commit to Illinois if OSU didn't act soon. Crazy stuff.

Colts are going crazy with cutting players, ESPN just showed that they could be without all their starting skill position players on offense and starting center due to cuts and free agency lol. Not to mention they are open to trade Dwight Freeney..

The Redskins are crazy as hell for doing the deal they are about to do. 3 #1's and a 2nd round pick for a guy that has never played a down in the NFL...you should talk to Mike Ditka about how that works out for ya, Ricky Williams did not turn out to be the player everyone thought he would, hopefully RG3 does

People have been thinking that might happen for a while. A guy from the area Baldwin played HS football at who coached against him said Baldwin just didn't have the attitude to play defense pretty much from the start and wanted him on the OL. Hopefully it works because if they want to make a run in 2012 they'll be using at least one very inexperienced OT.