Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

I don't really think there are many out there who expect Braxton to go out and win the Heisman or something ridiculous this season...lol. But based on the flashes we saw from a kid who was thrust into the starting position a year early under a staff that basically had no QB coach and no offensive identity to speak of there's good reason for some optimism that the guy who "created" Tim Tebow might be able to do some special stuff with him.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly they saw the ability and potential in practice. No one is saying he is Tom Brady.

No, I'm saying he sucks at throwing the ball in games because he sucks at throwing the ball in games. Are you trying to tell me anything different than that? Circle yes or no.

I don't really think there are many out there who expect Braxton to go out and win the Heisman or something ridiculous this season...lol. But based on the flashes we saw from a kid who was thrust into the starting position a year early under a staff that basically had no QB coach and no offensive identity to speak of there's good reason for some optimism that the guy who "created" Tim Tebow might be able to do some special stuff with him.

Like I said, I'm optimistic. Despite my misgivings about his throwing (which are also apparent to anyone with a functional optic nerve and cerebral cortex), I'm fine with him being the QB at this point. I think he has a ton of potential.

So you're one of the people who think Urban's success at BG, Utah and Florida were all his assistants and had nothing to do with him? Damn... we're gonna suck I guess.

Where did I say that? Assistants have a lot to do with it (obviously since he lets them call almost all the plays), but Urban's ability to pick assistants is probably the biggest factor.

That being said, Dan Mullen developed Josh Harris, Alex Smith and Tim Tebow. He was the hands on QB coach with those guys. Not Urban.

He was the QB coach in name with those guys and I'm sure he did a ton and did a good job but Urban has always been very involved with his QB's. Much like Tressel. Pretty sure I read a blurb from the very first practice the other day where Urban was already getting specifically involved with the QB's.

He was the QB coach in name with those guys and I'm sure he did a ton and did a good job but Urban has always been very involved with his QB's. Much like Tressel. Pretty sure I read a blurb from the very first practice the other day where Urban was already getting specifically involved with the QB's.

He was teaching them the inside handoff. Utah and UF fans close to the programs will tell you that Mullen was the man behind the QB's and the play calling.

More like what OSU did last year. Offense vs. defense.

Also, to discuss more about how we can't expect to really know how anyone is performing based on these early practices, the new offense won't even be fully installed until after 5-6 practices (today is #2). THEN they can really start to see what they're working with.

His commitment kinda came out of nowhere. Nearly committed to ND on his visit there last weekend and now commits to OSU on his first visit. Hopefully it sticks. Kid is good.

S Jayme Thompson should be a commit before the end of today. From Toledo, currently WVU's only commit. Bill Kurelic from Bucknuts calls recruits way too much and Bucknuts in general handles commits and whatnot in a very shitty manner so when Kurelic called Thompson's dad to get an update his dad lied to Kurelic and told him they didn't even visit. :lolguy:

And several kids are supposedly "in" just not public yet. Have seen people (nevada and others with good info) say these kids are "in"...

TE Mike Heuerman (if he doesn't commit at or before the spring game this might get iffy)

LB Courtney Love

OT Ethan Pocic

WR Shelton Gibson (have read he'll announce around his birthday which is right around the spring game I guess?)

Haha... love Urban when it comes to media stuff. So much different from Tressel who I also thought was very entertaining with how he would talk so much and say basically nothing. Urban when asked about captains for this year...

Urban Meyer just announced that the team will elect captains this year, but he reserves the right to veto. He then turned to John Simon and told him he would be a captain.