Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

Lol that is a pretty funny quote. I remember when Simon was recruited a lot of people said he was just a workout warrior and was only being recruited based on the eye test. Kids motor is insane not to mention the fact that he is a monster. I wonder if Foster from Pa and Rod Smiths little brother will end up in this class or not, it'd be awesome to see them both here. Some say ND leads for Smith and Pitt for Foster..also have heard rumblings that little Huerman might go to ND, Idk how valid those claims are though

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol that is a pretty funny quote. I remember when Simon was recruited a lot of people said he was just a workout warrior and was only being recruited based on the eye test. Kids motor is insane not to mention the fact that he is a monster. I wonder if Foster from Pa and Rod Smiths little brother will end up in this class or not, it'd be awesome to see them both here. Some say ND leads for Smith and Pitt for Foster..also have heard rumblings that little Huerman might go to ND, Idk how valid those claims are though

ND fans think everyone is leaning ND, and when they commit somewhere else it's because the HC there used "dirty tricks"

Have heard LSU and ND for Heuerman but a non-OSU source down in Florida has said it's a done deal to OSU for a while now and then some OSU people think it's OSU as well.

People think Foster is an OSU lean which would be awesome. Smith is a ND-OSU battle for sure. Hopefully his brother does well this season. Think that might help a bit in getting Jaylon to OSU.

Yeah, I don't know why Jaylon Smith is so high on ND. Supposedly he loves Manti Te'o.

If Heuerman doesn't end up at OSU part of the reason I've read is that he doesn't want to compete against his brother. Unlike Rod and Jaylon, Mike and Jeff play the same position. But even if Mike comes and doesn't redshirt he'd only compete with his brother for 2 years at most.

Yeah, pretty cool story with Burger. Dad and grandpa went to ND I believe, he had scholarship offers from Cincy and some MAC schools, was academically accepted to Harvard, etc. and is just like... fuck it... OSU it is.

He was academically accepted to Harvard, but not also offered a football scholarship?

He was academically accepted to Harvard, but not also offered a football scholarship?

Ivy Leagues don't offer scholarships

ask me how I know :gabe:

Another commit reportedly....

"The Ohio State recruiting roll continues as the Buckeyes have landed their third commitment of the week, the latest coming from Bloomfield (N.J.) offensive tackle Marcell Lazard. The 6-foot-6, 293-pound prospect wrapped up a three-day unofficial visit to Columbus on Tuesday evening. Before the massive tackle left campus, he gave the Ohio State coaching staff the news that he wanted to be a Buckeye."

He is a 3* right now but has a decent offer list which is really what matters. Most seem to think his star rating will go up, I personally am not a huge star chaser but more interested in the offer list. Either way nice to see another OL commit, still 1-2 more on the board that OSU wants from what I have been reading

Here is his offer list: http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Marcell-Lazard-128491#college_choice

For those too lazy to click it as schools such as ND, Miami, Florida, Michigan, South Carolina just to name a few

Not sure if the Lazard thing is official yet. Rivals may have jumped the gun a bit. But his name started popping up as the possible next guy in yesterday afternoon. Wonder if they stop on the OL with Lisle, Lazard and Pocic.

And I'm mostly with you when it comes to looking at offers vs. stars but sometimes who knows what offers are real and which are not. It's incredibly murky even on the OSU side of things now with Meyer doing things waaaaay differently than Tressel did.

Seriously, they don't? Wow, had no clue.

Yes, please tell - how do you know? (Genuinely curious.)

I read it online

http://www.instructables.com/files/deriv/F4H/7YT8/GVOX0W4K/F4H7YT8GVOX0W4K.MEDIUM.gif

So it looks like he "quit" then had a one on one with Meyer shortly after and smoothed things over.

Wouldn't have been much of a loss since he's not even starting over 2 sophomores and a junior as a RS junior but glad he's sticking it out I guess.