Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

Well the Bucks just landed their 8th official commit: Tight End Marcus Baugh, 6'4 215 4* out of Cali

#7 TE on scout

#5 TE on Rivals

#3 TE on 24/7

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsEWOp1zU3E

"The decision to play for coach Urban Meyer was heavily influenced by the success of former Gator, Aaron Hernandez, now of the New England Patriots.

"Meyer is just a great coach," Baugh said. "I want to be the next Aaron Hernandez in his offense. I love the tradition at Ohio State and I just felt like I was ready to commit."

Baugh is rated as the No. 3 tight end in the country, the No. 9 player in the state of California and the No. 93 rated prospect overall. His commitment is the 8th verbal pledge in Ohio State’s 2013 class."

So who still thinks Huerman commits to tOSU over ND?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The staff contacted Heuerman before Baugh's commitment went public to let him know and see how he feels. Then at least one recruiting site contacted Heuerman after it went public to get his reaction as well and it looks like all things are still looking good for OSU getting Heuerman's commitment before the end of the month.

The TE I think OSU won't get now is Josh McNeil out of NC. He is friends with 2012 LB commit Jamal Marcus and they were supposed to drive up for the spring game next weekend but Marcus decided to fly and McNeil can't get a ticket and won't be visiting now. That happening, getting the Baugh commitment and still looking good for Heuerman = no McNeil IMO.

The biggest concerns with Heuerman right now seem to be potentially wanting to stay closer to home (not ND) and still the prospect of having to maybe compete with his brother a bit.

Regardless, the TE position will not suffer under Urban...lol. This commit came out of no where.

Yeah it really did come out of nowhere. It'll be interesting to see if Huerman actually commits or if this drives him elsewhere. Wonder who the next commit is going to be

Also have you heard anything about OSU possibly not wanting Foster any longer? I have been reading some rumblings about him acting stupid while on his visit...not sure whats up there

Pretty much anyone who is "connected" or has "inside info" from OSU said they had Foster favoring OSU coming into his most recent visit. After that visit no one thinks he ends up at OSU. Pitt or Bama. Supposedly Foster showed no interest whatsoever in the academic portion of his visit and tweeted stuff about the "old heads" boring him and the friend he was visiting with to death and how they couldn't stop laughing at them.

Foster and his friend/teammate were supposedly scolded by their principal upon their return to school and they deleted the tweets. If Foster realizes the mistake he made on the visit and everything gets smoothed over then OSU might re-open the door but right now they've moved on.

Pretty much anyone who is "connected" or has "inside info" from OSU said they had Foster favoring OSU coming into his most recent visit. After that visit no one thinks he ends up at OSU. Pitt or Bama. Supposedly Foster showed no interest whatsoever in the academic portion of his visit and tweeted stuff about the "old heads" boring him and the friend he was visiting with to death and how they couldn't stop laughing at them.

Foster and his friend/teammate were supposedly scolded by their principal upon their return to school and they deleted the tweets. If Foster realizes the mistake he made on the visit and everything gets smoothed over then OSU might re-open the door but right now they've moved on.

Sounds like SEC material

Post from nevada about Miller receiving actual QB coaching this spring...

they have fixed Miller's grip on the ball, and adjusted his footwork and the result are a lot better looking ball

he was definitely over-gripping the ball, and had his index finger about one inch too high ----put that in combination with footwork that got a little sloppy when he felt pressure, and the result was a flutter ball...

So hopefully no more of the ducks alittlelessordinary loves so much. :lolguy:

And here's what the spring game will be like...

Expect spring game Scarlet and Gray teams to get drafted sometime the middle of next week. A few of the mechanics of the spring game:

§ There will be four 10-minute quarters with a 15-minute halftime;

§ The play clock will stop during the first and second quarters with a continuously running clock in the second half;

§ No kickoffs (all drives at start of halves or after scores will start at the 35);

§ All punts will be fair caught; and

§ Field goals and extra points will be live with first team FG unit with each team’s kicker.

I think I said somewhere in here that it would be a mix of what OSU used to to and what OSU had to do last season with so few OL and that's kinda what it is. A controlled scrimmage but there will be 2 teams with a draft instead of just offense vs. defense. I'm pretty sure this is what Urban did at Florida.

OSU picked up 2 commitments the last 2 days in DL Tracy Sprinkle and QB JT Barrett. Barrett is big-time to me. Lots of people in Texas actually prefer him to the QB Texas got committed early.

Should be 3-4 more commits by the end of the month potentially including 5-star DE Joey Bosa out of FL.

The Neal commit came out of nowhere just like the Baugh commit... I liked the pregame circle session, although I dont think i'd have my starting qb and backup qb going at it lol. I do appriciate the fact that they had a 3-1 passing to run ratio to get Braxton as much practice throwing as possible.

Michael Thomas is going to be a player here at OSU. Hopefully he isn't another spring game hero that doesn't produce in regular season. Shazier is huge now, they said on tv that he claimed to have played last year right around 205lbs!