Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

It's not out of this world. The NCAA requires just a 2.00 GPA. Then for the SAT/ACT it's a sliding scale. If you have a 3.0 you would only need a 620 on the SAT...lol.

So ND and schools like them will require maybe a 2.5 or a 2.25 and have their own sliding scale. I don't really know if the actual requirements for individual schools are out there. I think that would be something they may want to keep private so they can evaluate kids on a case by case basis and maybe let a few in below their own standards but still above the NCAA requirements.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what you're saying is the "harder requirements to get in" bit is bullshit. If you can't average a C in highschool you shouldnt be in college, I dont care how fast you run or how far you throw a ball.

BTW Anzalone to ND is being reported over on Scout

Edited by DaddyBuiltRacing

• 2 weeks later...
OSU just got a commitment from Taivon Jacobs. 2* on Scout (which one of their national guys admits is a mistake because he's just a kid who slipped through the cracks with them, will be bumped to at least 3* immediately), 3* on Rivals and 4* on ESPN. Says Urban wants to use him like Chris Rainey. Similar size, similar speed. He's a nationally ranked runner in the 200 and 400 I believe.

He's fast for sure and his youtube film is a lot more impressive then the one posted on the recruiting sites. I read that he slipped through basically because no one covers the area of Maryland that he is in. Wonder how many more ATH/WR's OSU is goig to take, this makes 2 with Marshall and he. I love how all these recruits no one has been talking just come out of left field to commit, Baugh and this kid and also Mitchell should he decide to choose OSU.

I'm really starting to think that Urban came in a little peeved by the fact that his coming to OSU was pretty well-known long before it officially happened (and the coverage of the "rumor" really ramped up in the week leading up to The Game) and he's subsequently put a tight lid on "inside" info at least for now. Like you said, these kids are coming relatively out of no where.

Luckily I no longer pay for any of the services. Have friends with freebies on 247 and Rivals then I myself have a freebie on Scout so it's all covered...lol.

I refuse to pay for "insider" information in the first place. I lurk the free boards and call it a day. I do agree that Urban may have made everyone just shut up about information. I mean if you think about it most of this class has been somewhat suprising

Ezekiel Elliot- wasnt really reported as being that high on OSU then boom he's a Buckeye

Taivon Jacobs- Never heard of him til yesterday

Daron Lee- Had an amazing camp and a few days later is a Buckeye

Johnny Townsen- A Punter?

JT Barrett- QB from Texas who many feel was over looked because of Swoopes.

Tracey Sprinkle- Again not many people were talkin about him

Marcus Baugh- He's never even visited Columbus lol

I could even add Michael Hill as many felt OSU's d-line haul was done and over with yet here he came out of South Carolina. The clas is at 15 right now, interested to see how many more there are in this class. Many feel 1-2 WR's and an O-Lineman maybe, but I have heard rumblings of some other elite talent in the secondary looking at OSU still.

Speaking of recruiting, have you been paying attention to what USC is puttin together? Good god almighty! On paper that is a multiple NC winning team.

Yeah, Kiffin is really tearing it up. Will be interesting to see how they do now with their scholarship limitations really starting to kick in soon.

Also, can't believe this but we're just a few short weeks away from fall camp kicking off and a month and a half away from kickoff... holy shat.

Joe Pa's statue just came down at PSU and supposedly the NCAA is set to hammer them tomorrow. Some say its not the death penalty but actually worse? They are talking 5+ year bowl ban, a ton of schollies lost each year and opening up the ability for current players to transfer out. Interested to see what actually goes down tomorrow at 9am.

Joe Pa's statue just came down at PSU and supposedly the NCAA is set to hammer them tomorrow. Some say its not the death penalty but actually worse? They are talking 5+ year bowl ban, a ton of schollies lost each year and opening up the ability for current players to transfer out. Interested to see what actually goes down tomorrow at 9am.

If this is true then take Penn State out of contention for the Big Ten for ummm a very long time lol. Who knows if they'll ever return to any kind of power.

Yeah, idk if any of that is true but several people are reporting that they are about to be Jerry Sandusky'd (too soon?)

They just lost their first commit from all of this, 4* DT Greg Webb decommited and verbaled to UNC, which is sort of funny as they just got done being hit by sanctions as well for their scandal. I guess he has family in the millitary that is moving down south though.

the NCAA should get the death penalty. Im not a penn state fan or a child molester, but shit, the damage has been done. Penn state will sink into obscurity on their own from this. The NCAA just want to stick its fucking nose in it.

The number of years for the post-season ban and scholarship losses are arbitrary so I won't say anything about that but I thought going all the way back to 1998 vacating the wins was inappropriate. In 1998 all the Sandusky stuff they knew about was dealt with by the authorities and there wasn't enough to go on so no charges were filed. Can't fault PSU for not moving forward there really. Obviously in 2001 when stuff came up again and NOTHING was done about it after what they "knew" in 1998, that's when the real issues started.

The fines and vacated wins I am ok with. I am never a fan of reduced schollies and post season bans. The only people you are hurting with that is the student athletes.

They won't be hurt. They can all leave without having to sit out a year. And anyone dumb enough to commit to going to school there now deserves it...lol.

And looking more at the scholarship thing... am I looking at this right? It's 15 per class and they can't have more than 65 on scholarship in any given year. OK... so what if let's be conservative here and say half of the team leaves within the next few weeks. They're sitting at ~43 kids. And they can only add 15? So 58. Then you'd figure most of the ~43 kids who stay are seniors/juniors who just want to finish their PSU career. They're gone so you're back to around ~40 and you continue this process. They're never going to approach that 65 mark. Unless they're just handing out scholarships to the absolute worst players in the country with no other offers at all. And maybe some bad JUCO/FCS transfers so they can circumvent the 15 per class limitation.

When Emmert announced it he only mentioned the 25 number being taken down to 15 so I figured, OK, not awful really. But looking at it more... I don't see how they can safely field a competitive FBS team at any point in the next 5-6 years.

there's another rumor floating that Jim Delany & the Big Ten might revoke PSU membership(I hope not) but if so that douche will probablly go after Rutgers. I still wanna see Notre Dame or Oklahoma join

Delany supposedly announcing further punishment at 11AM.

And Dorian Johnson officially decommitted, OSU, Pitt and WVU being considered now. Really hope we can get him.