Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

Is that really such a bad thing though? If you're the best team in the country then typically you're going to have a QB or RB who are pretty instrumental in your team's success. Are they the sole reason you're the "best" team in the country? Not likely. But they're a huge reason and I think the Heisman gets it right much more than it gets it wrong.

I mean, the biggest Heisman "blunder" people talk about is Manning not getting it in 1997 when a non-QB, non-RB in Charles Woodson won it...lol.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't even spell fasechus.

But yes I am bitter about hte crumbling of what was already a 'hard to get respect' BE conference; that ultimately is losing AQ status. And the fact now UC will be back in the shadows not playing any particularly good teams... and even the tried and true monster basketball conference is going down the drains... and that is where UC has it's real history.

I know there were rumblings of Cincy to the Big 12. Did your AD say no or was the Big 12 just not interested?

AD made an announcement when B12 'rumblings' started stating UC's "full support" to the BE.... fawking stupid.

Is that really such a bad thing though? If you're the best team in the country then typically you're going to have a QB or RB who are pretty instrumental in your team's success. Are they the sole reason you're the "best" team in the country? Not likely. But they're a huge reason and I think the Heisman gets it right much more than it gets it wrong.

I mean, the biggest Heisman "blunder" people talk about is Manning not getting it in 1997 when a non-QB, non-RB in Charles Woodson won it...lol.

Woodson isthe exception, dude played DB, WR and returned kicks. Wasn't that Michigan team also 12-0 and the AP champs? He is also the last player who wasnt a QB or RB to win the award, so 15 years in a row that a RB/QB has won it.

There is a reason QB's are hated so much, aside from the fact that they should be put in dresses, they get way too much credit with passing yards, they throw a 5 yard pass, wr breaks it off for 80 more and QB gets full credit or 85 yards passing, never understood that lol.

Just went back and looked up that year to make sure I had fact straight and damn that Michigan team was pretty good. Wins over:

#8 Colorado

#15 Iowa

#15 Michigan St

#2 Penn State

#23 Wisconsin

#4 Ohio State

#8 Washington

Woodson also had crazy stats:

1 rushing TD

2 Receiving TD's (238 yards total)

1 Punt return for TD

8 INT's

44 Tackles (Teams would not throw his way)

I know Woodson is the exception which is why I think it's funny that his Heisman is one of the most complained about...lol. You're complaining that more people like him should win but you do a poll around the country and his Heisman would be one of the least liked. Bush over Young (which ended up "vacated" anyways) would be another but they're RB/QB so I didn't use it.

Thats because the media hypes up the QB/RB position beyond belief and people buy into it. They might put up big stats but are they really the best player on the field? Would a running back be able to gain all those yards without good blockers, same with a qb. That has always been my biggest gripe about individual awards, even MVP awards.

Not sure why UCF's HC is trying to rustle our jimmies.

UCF coach O'Leary on radio show tonight.." Ohio Stadium is not loud. Didn't even need to pipe noise in. They sit on their hands"

George O'Leary said he didn't use loud sounds/music during practice this week because UCF's stadium is louder than OSU's.

He might have a point, unless its a marquee matchup the shoe is pretty quiet. I have been to several games where fans just sat there and did nothing until OSU scored and then went back to doing nothing haha.

The loudest I have personally ever heard a game was last year vs Wisconsin, especially on the game winning TD pass/catch. The quietest I have ever heard it was probablly against Youngstown State.

He might have a point, unless its a marquee matchup the shoe is pretty quiet. I have been to several games where fans just sat there and did nothing until OSU scored and then went back to doing nothing haha.

The loudest I have personally ever heard a game was last year vs Wisconsin, especially on the game winning TD pass/catch. The quietest I have ever heard it was probablly against Youngstown State.

The early season games have students now. It will be completely different, except for the blowouts. The students are what keeps the crowd going.

The early season games have students now. It will be completely different, except for the blowouts. The students are what keeps the crowd going.

Yep, that's going to help. And UCF shouldn't be a blowout. If OSU starts like they did against Miami it could be very interesting.

What a game by my Bearcats last night! Munchie is still not the best QB, as he threw a LOT of passes at the feet of receivers (but i suppose that is better than overthrowing an getting an INT) but he showed he does have good wheels at times.

Pitt is probably one of the worst FBS teams this year. Nice practice game for UC

Pitt is probably one of the worst FBS teams this year. Nice practice game for UC

Kinda like OSU playing Miami....

But yea, good game to get the confidence up and get things moving.

Pitt's problem is all the coaching fiasco changes. The team has the talent with Sunseri and Graham, but they are suffering from the typical 'new coach' problems of the lines and 'team' settling into a new program/coaching/plays/etc... If I had to guess I would say they will be a completely different team by middle/end of hte season.

Kinda like OSU playing Miami....

But yea, good game to get the confidence up and get things moving.

Pitt's problem is all the coaching fiasco changes. The team has the talent with Sunseri and Graham, but they are suffering from the typical 'new coach' problems of the lines and 'team' settling into a new program/coaching/plays/etc... If I had to guess I would say they will be a completely different team by middle/end of hte season.

Sunseri was worse than bad. He was downright awful

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1343229/pittlol.gif

(what the Gif doesn't show is their #1 WR wide open on a slant to the bottom right of the screen)

And "kinda like OSU playing Miami"? Huh? Miami of Brohio will probably have at most 2 losses this year. They would whoop Pitt.

Yes, he played horrible last night, the whole team did.... but you cant deny his "body of work"....

Oh, and you can see the wide open reciever in that gif.... but its not like missed open receivers in a collapsing pocket doesnt happent to the best of receivers.

Yes, he played horrible last night, the whole team did.... but you cant deny his "body of work"....

Oh, and you can see the wide open reciever in that gif.... but its not like missed open receivers in a collapsing pocket doesnt happent to the best of receivers.

His body of work? You mean his terrible YPA and bad TD:INT ratio as a starter?

and as for the wide open WR, uh, Sunseri threw it out of bounds after TRIPLE clutching. It's not like the pocket collapsed and he got rid of it :rofl:

Looked to me like his eyes were locked on 27, and prior to letting the ball go, realized he was too well covered and ball would have been picked, so let it fly at last second....

and by body of work I mean a decemt QB rating in 2010 and 2011, and 6th most passing yards in Pitt School history... he didnt get that many passing yards by being horrible.

Looked to me like his eyes were locked on 27, and prior to letting the ball go, realized he was too well covered and ball would have been picked, so let it fly at last second....

and by body of work I mean a decemt QB rating in 2010 and 2011, and 6th most passing yards in Pitt School history... he didnt get that many passing yards by being horrible.

Yeah, you just keep defending shitty teams in the shitty Big East. It's making you look ridiculous. That was a bad play when he threw the ball away, everyone recognizes it but you. He spent way too much time, locked his eyes on one part of the field, and TRIPLE clutched before lofting it out of the endzone. The result? Halftime with 0 points from the 2 yard line. HORRIBLE for a Senior.

He had a 124 last year. Barkley had a higher rating his freshman year, Braxton Miller had a better rating last year (and better rating than Sunseri has ever had). Sunseri isn't good. And getting the 6th most passing yards in Pitt history with 6.8 YPA isn't something to brag about either.

Im hardly "defending" Pitt... trust me there is no love lost there... I feel I am being pretty unbiased in my opinion. And I never defending that play, pretty sure I said it was a bad play and he had his eyes locked on one receiver... but I bet you can find similar bad plays by ANY QB, pro or college, good or bad.....

Pitt is a horrible team right now, no question asked, clearly you are too dense to realize I have not suggested otherwise. I am saying they are horrible for reasons other than having horrible players... I think it funny you call a "decent" QB with plenty of QB accolades at a school that had Dan Marino on the roster "horrible".... but if exaggeration is your thing, have at it brochacho..

Im hardly "defending" Pitt... trust me there is no love lost there... I feel I am being pretty unbiased in my opinion. And I never defending that play, pretty sure I said it was a bad play and he had his eyes locked on one receiver... but I bet you can find similar bad plays by ANY QB, pro or college, good or bad.....

Pitt is a horrible team right now, no question asked, clearly you are too dense to realize I have not suggested otherwise. I am saying they are horrible for reasons other than having horrible players... I think it funny you call a "decent" QB with plenty of QB accolades at a school that had Dan Marino on the roster "horrible".... but if exaggeration is your thing, have at it brochacho..

124 QB rating.

Have at it :dumb:

137 QB rating the year before that, and in his horrible 2 games a 135 so far this year... point? It's still an average QB rating... not 'horrible'... Braxton was a 138 last year... not what I would call leaps and bounds better...

Were you dropped on your head a lot as a kid? Play football with no helmet? Or just like arguing for the sake of arguing?

137 QB rating the year before that, and in his horrible 2 games a 135 so far this year... point? It's still an average QB rating... not 'horrible'... Braxton was a 138 last year... not what I would call leaps and bounds better...

Were you dropped on your head a lot as a kid? Play football with no helmet? Or just like arguing for the sake of arguing?

Just giving you the facts and you keep trying to spin them.