Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

4. I miss the I formation (really just miss watching Boren blow people up)

I want to punch you in the face.

If I never see the I formation ever again it will be too soon. It represents everything I despised about Ohio State's offense over the past trillion years.

1st-and-10: I formation: run for 1 yard.

2nd-and-9: I formation: run for 2 yards:

3rd-and-7: 5 wideouts: incomplete pass.

Punt.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lmfao!!! I dont miss DAVE, I just miss seeing Boren going through a hole and blowing up some poor linebacker

:lol:

Yeah, I know what you're saying. I guess I'm too distracted by the piddly yardage we usually get on the I formation to pay attention to Boren's blocking.

If I never see the I formation ever again it will be too soon. It represents everything I despised about Ohio State's offense over the past trillion years.

Punt.

That was our bread and butter!

Punt.

:lol: thats real football...

Lmfao!!! I dont miss DAVE, I just miss seeing Boren going through a hole and blowing up some poor linebacker

They still run Dave like crazy. It's just different personnel/formations.

Now if you would have said I don't miss goal line 2 FB Dave then it would have been OK.

And I think we'll see some I formation down near the goal line in B1G play. They did practice it a bit in fall camp, maybe spring too. I forget. Not very much but it's there.

Yeah they still run it but its totally different. You dont know if Braxton is handing the ball off or not, where as in the I you pretty much knew what was coming lol. My biggest complaint about the old play callers aside from never throwing on 1st down was trying to send the smallest backs on the team right up the gut ala Maurice Wells.

OSU vs Cal

It is crazy to think that California is going to have no trouble beating Ohio State. This is not a guaranteed victory for California and they will need to take this game seriously.

California will have to avoid looking past this game and focusing on USC the week after.

I know that Jeff Tedford is 6-0 against Big10 teams since he came to Cal, but that does not mean that this is an automatic W, and California’s players cannot just assume that they will win every game against B1G opponents.

A lot of California fans thought this would be a tougher non-conference test when it was originally scheduled, so it is probably a little disappointing for them that Ohio State is now a mediocre team coming off of a losing season.

And although California has more former players in the NFL, one needs to remember that Ohio State has also produced a lot of pro talent.

Besides, Ohio State might still be looking to avenge their 28-0 loss to California in the 1921 Rose Bowl.

And I hope that California fans do not look down on Ohio State. Yes, California is one of the most highly regarded universities in the world, whereas hardly anyone outside of the U.S. has even heard of Ohio State. But I am sure that the fanbase in Berkeley does not think of this week’s opponent as just another state school from the Midwest. Ohio State is a very good university. I am sure that the California players will respect Ohio State just as much as any other opponent on their schedule.

And this may surprise people, but California’s athletic program was actually ranked just below Ohio State’s, by the National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/nacda/sports/directorscup/auto_pdf/2010-11/misc_non_event/finald12011.pdf

(Note that this ranking does not include California’s national titles in men’s crew and men’s rugby)

I do not expect this game to be over before halftime. Ohio State should be able to keep it close early on before eventually wearing down.

And I do not expect California to run up the score because these teams play again next year in Berkeley.

OSU vs Cal

It is crazy to think that California is going to have no trouble beating Ohio State. This is not a guaranteed victory for California and they will need to take this game seriously.

California will have to avoid looking past this game and focusing on USC the week after.

I know that Jeff Tedford is 6-0 against Big10 teams since he came to Cal, but that does not mean that this is an automatic W, and California’s players cannot just assume that they will win every game against B1G opponents.

A lot of California fans thought this would be a tougher non-conference test when it was originally scheduled, so it is probably a little disappointing for them that Ohio State is now a mediocre team coming off of a losing season.

And although California has more former players in the NFL, one needs to remember that Ohio State has also produced a lot of pro talent.

Besides, Ohio State might still be looking to avenge their 28-0 loss to California in the 1921 Rose Bowl.

And I hope that California fans do not look down on Ohio State. Yes, California is one of the most highly regarded universities in the world, whereas hardly anyone outside of the U.S. has even heard of Ohio State. But I am sure that the fanbase in Berkeley does not think of this week’s opponent as just another state school from the Midwest. Ohio State is a very good university. I am sure that the California players will respect Ohio State just as much as any other opponent on their schedule.

And this may surprise people, but California’s athletic program was actually ranked just below Ohio State’s, by the National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/nacda/sports/directorscup/auto_pdf/2010-11/misc_non_event/finald12011.pdf

(Note that this ranking does not include California’s national titles in men’s crew and men’s rugby)

I do not expect this game to be over before halftime. Ohio State should be able to keep it close early on before eventually wearing down.

And I do not expect California to run up the score because these teams play again next year in Berkeley.

LOL, where the fuck is this from?

OSU vs Cal

Cal and Ohio State are meeting for the first time since 1972, with the Buckeyes owning a 5-1 series edge. The schools first met in the 1921 Rose Bowl when the Bears prevailed, 28-0. OSU returned the favor with a 17-14 Rose Bowl victory in the 1950 game. Ohio State will visit Berkeley on Sept. 14, 2013, to complete the home-and-home series.

just in case anyone missed it Ohio St leads this series 5-1, now in 2012 Cal is 1-1 they lost to Nevada 31-24 and beat powerhouse :rolleyes: Southern Utah 50-31, the stat I see in just 2 games Cal is giving up too many points to win against the Buckeyes.

Definitely facetious. I can hardly even find a delusional Cal fan who thinks they have a chance. Even before the season started and they lost to Nevada they were bitching about Tedford being an idiot and agreeing to coming east for essentially a 9am kickoff.

Most of the discussion I can find on their forums is about who their coach will be next year...lol.

Edit: just found a post from a Cal fan who put several hundred down on OSU to cover at -17. That's the kind of confidence they have.

Definitely facetious. I can hardly even find a delusional Cal fan who thinks they have a chance. Even before the season started and they lost to Nevada they were bitching about Tedford being an idiot and agreeing to coming east for essentially a 9am kickoff.

Most of the discussion I can find on their forums is about who their coach will be next year...lol.

Edit: just found a post from a Cal fan who put several hundred down on OSU to cover at -17. That's the kind of confidence they have.

It's a comment posted on LandGrant HolyLand

I just want to see a shut out by our defense. Soo much talent on the D. There is no reason anyone should be scoring on them. I got a feeling if the D doesn't step up and become of the best D in the country. Fickle and vrabel could be fired at the end of the season.

not a chance, they wont be the best in the country becuase usc/bama/ lsu/ pretty much take the head of the cake there. as long as they arnt terrible, and can keep teams under that 14 -17 pt mark, they will be fine. i agree, they do have great athletes for the b10 though

not a chance, they wont be the best in the country becuase usc/bama/ lsu/ pretty much take the head of the cake there. as long as they arnt terrible, and can keep teams under that 14 -17 pt mark, they will be fine. i agree, they do have great athletes for the b10 though

One of the best could be top 5. They have athletes and talents to be one of the best. If the coaches can't untilize their talents, time for new coaches.

One of the best could be top 5. They have athletes and talents to be one of the best. If the coaches can't untilize their talents, time for new coaches.

After reading the comments post-saturday, I think the scheme is not the issue. Personnel on the D-Line (lacking that true #2 pass rusher) and players getting too content with their talent and ignoring each other is what the problem is. There was one play where the DB's had not shifted like they were supposed to and you can see coaches on the sidelines yelling at them to shift and nothing happened.

Of course, it's too early in the season to say who has a great defense currently. However, the "eyeball" test makes me think Alabama certainly has a very good defense. USC though - not so much. Not sure what it is, but the Kiffin USC teams just lack that killer instinct. I guess we'll know more after this weekend when they play Stanford.

I never really understood the whole "its the coaches fault", they aren't the ones on the field playing. Their job is to put the best players on the field and thus far I feel they have done that. It is really early in the season and OSU is rotating in a ton of personel, I think that has a lot to do with it. I too expected much more from the highly hyped d-line but it is what it is thus far. OSU is 2-0 and last time I checked thats all that really matters. I think the D will step up as the talent they face gets better. This team should go 12-0 looking at the schedule and how poorly the rest of the B10 has played thus far.

On a side note I would love to see a shutout against Indiana as I will be at that game. Tickets are so damn cheap and its a 3hr drive lol.

We were talking about it the other day. It is a good time as any to go to bloomington.

Yeah man, you can get 4 tickets and a parking pass for $150 lol. Stubhub has tickets as low as $38 right now. The wife, myself and 2 buddies are gonna make the trip over. I also hear Northwestern is a good expierence as you can take a flight directly into Chicago and basically walk to the stadium (just what I was told recently).

Yeah man, you can get 4 tickets and a parking pass for $150 lol. Stubhub has tickets as low as $38 right now. The wife, myself and 2 buddies are gonna make the trip over. I also hear Northwestern is a good expierence as you can take a flight directly into Chicago and basically walk to the stadium (just what I was told recently).

I went to Northwestern once, it was a great experience. I am definitly going again. When tOSU plays northwestern, it is almost like a home game. Soo many buckeye fans in Chicago.

I am going to think the same for bloomington due to the cheap tickets and 3 hour drive.