Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

Did they send an invite to Clarett? Perhaps he can get a weekend furlough.

Clarett wants to be there but only if Tressel is allowed which it sounds like he is. Clarett's been out of prison for like 2 years now. Playing football for the Omaha Nighthawks and working on finishing his degree.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When will they honor Troy Smith and retire his numer along with the rest of the Heisman winners? I used to love ESPN as well Tilley, I thought it was amazing that I could watch sports 24/7. I would watch the same sportscenter over and over, now I hate flipping to the channel. However until a better alternative is in place its the best we have. The big 10 network sucks pretty badly and really hasnt gotten any better in the 6 years that it has been around imo.

Used to watch ESPN from 9-10am on Saturday morning until 2-3am Sunday morning for college football. Now I just get through the OSU broadcasts/programming and do other stuff. Agree about the BTN too. Their fall camp stuff used to be good because it had no competition. This year with ESPN doing the All Access thing it really showed how bland it is. They rely too much on their on-air "personalities" who don't have much personality.

The D line played solid yet again, the linebackers and secondary...not so much. Although I do feel Bradley Roby had a very good game. Christian Bryant annoys me to death, one minute he's blowing someone up, the next he's whiffing big time on a tackle, he redeemed himself by making the game saving INT.

Devin Smith has stepped up as the playmaking WR OSU needs. Even though he dropped a couple pases he is clearly the #1 option in my opinion. Yes Philly Brown gets a lot of touches but who has the most TD's out of the two? I still say that the lack of a traditional running game will hurt this team at some point in the season. Braxton got contained for the most part in the 2nd half and look what happened, the offense was terrible. You stop Braxton running and you will beat OSU.

Oh yeah back to rankings, CBS has Arkansas listed as #21 right now in their game vs #1 Alabama haha.

SEC is the best!! Auburn beat the powerhouse that is ULM in overtime haha. BTW over on scout right now and there is a bunch of dumb fans. I make some pretty stupid post in the eyes of people on here, but these guys are insane. Braxton is a god, can do no wrong, puts up huge numbers so his mistakes get over looked. Fickell and the whole defensive staff needs fired, our defense is the worst in the land, ect....Seriously laughing at some of the post over there

SEC is the best!! Auburn beat the powerhouse that is ULM in overtime haha. BTW over on scout right now and there is a bunch of dumb fans. I make some pretty stupid post in the eyes of people on here, but these guys are insane. Braxton is a god, can do no wrong, puts up huge numbers so his mistakes get over looked. Fickell and the whole defensive staff needs fired, our defense is the worst in the land, ect....Seriously laughing at some of the post over there

Braxton is doing pretty darn well though. He made mistakes today (maybe 1 bad read, 3-4 bad throws, his WR's dropped 3-4 perfect passes though too) but someone posted his stat line so far through 3 games vs. Tebow's through 3 games in 2007 when he won the Heisman...

Tim Tebow in '07 thru 3 games: 1,027 rushing & passing yds, 13 TDs. Braxton Miller thru 3 games in '12: 988 rushing & passing yds, 12 TDs.

And the defense is bad. You don't fire staff 3 games into the season and I don't know how much is on them vs. how much is on the players (today it seemed like A LOT was on the players themselves) but right now they are in the bottom 3rd of the country just going off straight statistics.

I do know all the Scout posters on the free boards are a disaster (even on the pay board they're mostly awful) though... :gabe:

Braxton is doing pretty darn well though. He made mistakes today (maybe 1 bad read, 3-4 bad throws, his WR's dropped 3-4 perfect passes though too) but someone posted his stat line so far through 3 games vs. Tebow's through 3 games in 2007 when he won the Heisman...

And the defense is bad. You don't fire staff 3 games into the season and I don't know how much is on them vs. how much is on the players (today it seemed like A LOT was on the players themselves) but right now they are in the bottom 3rd of the country just going off straight statistics.

I do know all the Scout posters on the free boards are a disaster (even on the pay board they're mostly awful) though... :gabe:

Braxton made some really bad decisions today and his mechanics aren't that great. He has a ways to go.

As for the defense, the players just are not executing and not tackling. Of course, OSU has always had problems defending the screen.

I think Brian Kelly is a good coach and eventually ND will do well if they can get over him occasionally killing some students. MSU is just so one dimensional.

So word on the street is to make sure OSU got the W Urban took over EVERYTHING for the last 4 series of the game. Both sides of the ball. Not what he wanted to do when he came back to coaching. Not a good sign for any of the assistants right now. Herman/Warinner's playcalling in the 3rd quarter was very weird then the defense obviously is just a mess.

Probably unlikely but did anyone catch the end of the Utah/BYU game? I was watching it live because I had some money on it (dumb idea since it's a big rivalry) and the ending was hilarious/crazy/wtf.

- BYU down 21-24 with about a minute left from their own 5

- 1 first down and a lot of wasted time later, BYU has 4th and long to convert still deep in their own territory

- Utah DB fails and bites on a fake, long completion down to the Utah 34

- BYU spikes the ball with 8 seconds left, then wants to try a pass to get closer or maybe take a shot at the end zone

- BYU QB is pressured and just launches a pass, deflected and stays in the air for a long time, clock seems to run out, Utah fans, players and staff storm the field to celebrate

- BYU staff and players are fully confident there should still be 1 second, eventually reviewed, there actually is 1 second, Utah fans have to get off the field and the teams line up for a 51-yard FG attempt

- long kick mean low kick, it's blocked, fans who are merely on the sidelines at this point, players, staff, etc., storm the field again but a BYU player picked up the blocked kick and the play is still live, eventually goes down but BYU is like, uhhh... penalty?

- refs are conferencing somewhere on the field, surrounded by fans, both staffs pleading their cases to the refs, some fans arguing with the refs, eventually a 15 yard penalty is assessed and BYU gets a shot at a 36-yarder now

- fans have to get off the field again, kick is up, holder thinks it's good, starts curving like crazy, hits left upright, game finally over, fans rush field for 3rd and final time

:lolguy: