Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

West Virginia will most likely lose to Texas this coming weekend.

Ehhhhhhh...

WVU's offense is legit. They have only been held under 30 points 4 times in the past 18 games. Of those 4 times, they only lost 2 of those games (+1 loss over 30 points fielded). I think their offense can work Texas. I'm not really impressed with UT

Not sure who would have called for WVU to lose to Clemson due to a weak BE schedule when Clemson is in the ACC...lol. The ACC is like 2-14 in BCS games.

And I agree with LJ. Texas isn't a great team. WVU could lose to them but I'd put TCU or Oklahoma ahead of them as far as having a chance to beat WVU.

Think I'd go against you by taking Florida and WVU. LSU has had 2 sloppy/unimpressive wins the last 2 weeks and Florida has looked a lot better than I thought they'd be.

Should be a great atmosphere in Columbus this week. First night game under Meyer, ranked opponent, maybe a vengeance factor for last season and Braxton going down/Bauserman throwing the game away. Have to believe Pelini wants this one BAD though. He would have killed for the OSU job and Meyer just swooped in and took it. And Martinez/Burkhead are scary for this defense. The defensive gameplan will be largely the same as it was for MSU (man up, make Martinez beat you with his arm) but Martinez is obviously much more experienced and slippery than Maxwell was for MSU.

LSU looks meh. I think they're overranked. I wouldn't be surprised if Florida beats them soundly.

I like WVU and I think they beat Texas. It's awesome they just hung like 4000 points on Baylor. Unfortunately, they also allowed Baylor to score like 3000 points. Geno Smith has to be the favorite for the Heisman at this point.

I think we might go to the OSU game this week.

FINALLY MAN-TO-MAN PRESS COVERAGE - THANK YOU.

I wouldnt be suprised if Florida beat LSU, I just think LSU wins it close. Everyone is on the WVU hype train right now, but damn they gave up 63 points. I dont think they will hang 70 on a team that has any sort of defense, but I could be wrong. I think me and the wife are going to the game this weekend as well.

FINALLY MAN-TO-MAN PRESS COVERAGE - THANK YOU.

Yeah, I was happy to see Press-man as well. But missed tackles did hurt us on the TD play. On top of that, we stopped the run!!!!! If it wasn't for those 3 TOs, they game wouldn't have been that close.

2009 class

Contributors

5* John Simon

4* Marcus Hall

4* Corey Linsley

4* Storm Klein (he's actually listed as the starter now... hasn't been terrible considering he missed 2 very important months for football because of the BS domestic dispute)

4* Jack Mewhort

4* Reid Fragel

4* CJ Barnett

3* Jordan Hall

3* Adam Bellamy (not going to call this kid a bust because I have no idea what happened in his personal life for him to stop football but he was much better than I ever expected in the time he did play)

3* Zach Boren

3* Kenny Guiton (coming in off the bench to keep the team marching down the field for that opening TD was huge even if he didn't do much more than pitch or hand off)

Non-contributor

5* Melvin Fellows (injuries)

4* Jamie Wood

4* Corey "Pittsburgh" Brown

3* Adam Homan (just unfortunate to be in the same class as Boren)

3* Chris Fields

Busts

5* Dorian Bell

4* Jaamal Berry (may have been great to have now with Urban...lol)

4* Duron Carter

4* Dominic Clarke (boy do I wish we still had him)

4* Jonathan Newsome (lol dick pills)

4* James Jackson

3* Sam Longo

3* Jordan Whiting

16 non-busts, 8 busts

2010 class

Contributors

5* Andrew Norwell

4* Roderick Smith

4* Christian Bryant

4* Philly Brown

4* Carlos Hyde

3* Drew Basil

3* Bradley Roby

3* Johnathan Hankins

Non-contributors

4* Scott McVey (injuries)

4* Jamel Turner (don't feel comfortable calling a kid who just couldn't escape his hood a bust)

3* Verlon Reed (liked what we saw out of him early last season before the injury - hope he makes it back at some point, not looking great though)

3* Darryl Baldwin

NR Adam Griffin (considered putting him in Contributors because he made a good ST tackle this weekend which is more than I ever expected...lol)

Busts

4* James Louis

4* TY Williams

3* Taylor Graham (only came here because of his dad really, not a fit in any way)

3* David Durham

13 non-busts, 4 busts

anyone else think martinez looks like he throws like a girl/special olympian?

LOL, seriously. Everytime he throws it he reminds of a third grader that is desperate to get rid of the ball and just heaves it awkwardly. It just looks all wrong.