Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had an absolute blast! We walked through the tailgating area by st johns and met Mike Doss, Craig Krenzel and Maurice Clarett. Our view of game was awesome, and the dact osu hung 63 was even better. Btw i was hoping osu would run it up, durimg script Ohio, Nebraskas kicker decided to warm up and refused to move til a coach moved him up 10 yards. Never seen that happen in all the games ive been to.

West Virginia will most likely lose to Texas this coming weekend.

That didnt work out well for you.

WVU's offense is legit. They have only been held under 30 points 4 times in the past 18 games. Of those 4 times, they only lost 2 of those games (+1 loss over 30 points fielded). I think their offense can work Texas. I'm not really impressed with UT

nailed it.

Another shootout, those games are pretty exciting to watch.

and for my bearcat troll comment of the week:

OSU beat Miami 56-10

UC beat Miami 52-14

Does that mean that UC is only slightly behind OSU using ricer football math? :gabe:

And holy shit did OSU go on a scoring spree in the 2nd half...

God damn Nebraska fans are bitter.

Yeah but yards!

Yeah but turnovers!

Yeah but punt return TD!

In my estimation, scoring points in all 3 phases of the game = domination

here is good sour grapes qoute

If by better you mean the players play smarter and don't turn the ball over then I agree. If you mean that they are just flat out better offensively or defensively I couldn't tell.

Some thoughts:

- it's refreshing and exciting to watch this Ohio State team. A fake punt on our 30 yard line? WTF, I love it, even though it didn't work. Seriously, wasn't even mad when it happened and we didn't make it. Our attitude is like fuck it and fuck you, and I love it.

- Josh, how was the atmosphere in the stadium? They broke an attendance record last night: 106,120.

- Virginia Tech should be banned from all pre-season rankings for at least 5 years. Seriously, GTFO Hokies.

- Georgia is a bunch of frauds too.

- NC State just has Florida State's number.

- Geno Smith is going to win the Heisman.

Gonna toot my own horn as well since I also called Florida and WVU winning.

I do think the WVU game was a little closer than I anticipated but at the same time WVU was more impressive than I expected. Overcame a turnover that directly resulted in a TD and were actually down for most of the 2nd half. And all of that on the road. Watching that game for a bit before the OSU game started I was reminded of watching Troy toss the ball around to Teddy and Gonzo in Austin back in 2006. Texas hasn't done anything of note since McCoy went down in the title game against Bama.

Atmosphere sucked honestly. I dont know how they broke an attendance record, there was tons of empty seats around us. Ive been to 3 night games and this was lamest crowd (08 PSU and last year Wisky) of the bunch. Just didnt have that buzz in the stadium like the others did. I was a little let down cause all i told my wife and buddies before the game was how amazing the atmosphere would be.

LOL, that's awesome.

There are whispers of OU being a BCS buster this year.

Yeah til they face an SEC team and get their collective anguses smoked.

I was confident I wvu, and picked that one in my pickem pool at work. I had lsu winning, because I am not buying into the florida hype. I mean don't forget, BG was giving this same team a workout, in the Swamp not a month ago...

Atmosphere sucked honestly. I dont know how they broke an attendance record, there was tons of empty seats around us. Ive been to 3 night games and this was lamest crowd (08 PSU and last year Wisky) of the bunch. Just didnt have that buzz in the stadium like the others did. I was a little let down cause all i told my wife and buddies before the game was how amazing the atmosphere would be.

Every other account I have read was the exact opposite of your account.