Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

He isn't having a great game now that I look at his stats, he is 19/34 with 175 yards 1TD. Now look at Techs qb stats lol, 21/30 336 yards and 4td's. You are right though WVU can score with quickness, but it's the defense that has me thinking this is upset city.

Another game to keep an eye on is #10 Oregon State vs BYU, tied up 14 all right now

RG3? I'm pretty sure Baylor lost last year....and more than once lol.

Edit : Damn iPhone.....quoted the wrong text.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RG3 had amazing numbers, 4200+ yards throwing, 700 rushing and 47 TD's and also knocked off the #5 team in the country along with a couple other top 20 teams. I'm not saying its impossible but its usually the QB/RB from the best team unless he puts up stupid numbers ala Tebow. Geno is just now getting to the meat of their schedule, they still have #6 Kansas St and #13 Oklahoma (will be ranked higher by then) along with TCU. If WVU loses 1 or 2 of those games then I don't see him winning.

I am not saying he isn't the favorite still, just saying that a loss might close the gap. If he finishes with close to 4k yards passing and 40+ TD's its gonna be pretty hard to not award him the Heisman.

The ND/Stanford game has been a pretty good game. I stopped really watching the WVU game when it was 42-7. I am axnious to see the South Carolina/LSU game coming up shortly

Notre Dame has a good defense.

If they win this game, then they have to be considered legitmate NC contenders (as much as I despise acknowledging that). They have a crazy schedule.

I'm excited to see the South Carolina/LSU game as well. That game could be a 6 - 3 affair.

I dont see ND beating USC and Oklahoma though. Their schedule this year is pretty nuts, just imagine if they had this years defense with the offense of Claussen, Tate and Floyd. That'd be a legit contender for sure.

Haha yeah the LSU/SC game could be a very low scoring game, the twist by the media will be "two powerhouse defenses in a slugfest"

Wow I can't believe they didnt cross the goal line right there.

I dont see ND beating USC and Oklahoma though. Their schedule this year is pretty nuts, just imagine if they had this years defense with the offense of Claussen, Tate and Floyd. That'd be a legit contender for sure.

Haha yeah the LSU/SC game could be a very low scoring game, the twist by the media will be "two powerhouse defenses in a slugfest"

Wow I can't believe they didnt cross the goal line right there.

Yeah, I don't see them beating Oklahoma or USC either, but they should still be considered contenders after this week if they win.

EDIT: game is final. No conclusive evidence to overturn it, apparently.

Come away from the ledge, we both know its gonna be an SEC team cause they are superior to even most NFL teams haha.

LOL, so true.

Worst case scenario: Notre Dame versus SEC team in BCS NCG. We get to hear for a month about how great both teams are and what kind of EPIC MATCHUP OF ALL TIME THIS WILL BE. Then, unfortunately, one team will have to win, and if its Notre Dame it will be THE RETURN OF THE GREATEST COLLEGE FOOTBALL TEAM IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE and if it's the SEC team then it will be SEC SPEED DOMINANCE SEC SEC SEC SPEED THE SEC CAN BEAT THE PATRIOTS OMG FUCKING SEC WILL KILL YOU.

There is one team I want to win the NC: Ohio State.

There are other teams that I secretely want to win the NC if Ohio State cannot: West Virginia, Kansas State, and Oregon are some that come to mind.

There are other teams that, if they win the NC, I'm not mad: Texas and Oklahoma are two that come to mind. I am not offended by these teams if they win.

Then there are teams that piss me off if they win the NC: Miami, USC*, and most SEC teams would fit this bill.

(Confession: I have a secret love affair with USC. If I didn't despise them, I would love them. I always feel compelled to disclose this.)

Then, there are teams that cannot, under any circumstances, win the NC: Notre Dame, Michigan, and Florida are in this category. They are like in the lowest circle of Dante's hell for me - when they win NC, puppies are kicked, kittens die, and baby Jesus gouges out his eyes.

Holy shit Devin Smith can't catch for shit! Maybe he should try catching everything with one hand, that is 2 dropped TD's by him tonight. Carlos Hyde is a beast plain and simple, that should've been a TD. Give it to him again!!

Like I said last week. Miller is a better passer than his stats show, his receivers just wont catch the fucking ball.