Autocross event for CR

blue98ls1

Would you attend a CR Auto-X event?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Would you attend a CR Auto-X event?

• Yes, if it was in May.
    • Yes, if it was in June.
    • Yes, doesn't matter when it is.
    • Maybe.
    • No, but I know someone that might be interested.
    • No.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Fo those who are new to AutoX, sign up for the Driver's school on 5/20.

This is NOT required, so don't worry if you can't make it. But it's very helpful, so I highly recommend you go. Even with 3 years under my belt I still found useful help at the Driver's School. It's very low pressure and fun. :) I took a friend to one last year and he had a blast. He had no idea his car could do the things that it did. :)

Students are divided up into small groups that work with one instructor. The instructor will take their group through the course, walking it step by step and explaining the techniques used for each type of corner. Then you will drive the course with the instructor riding along with you. He/she will start you off easy and help you gain speed through multiple runs of the course. And the timing equipment will be running so you can keep track of your progress.

Seats are limited, so register early. But this is a great way to get a secure footing in AutoX if you've never done this before.

Fo those who are new to AutoX, sign up for the Driver's school on 5/20.

This is NOT required, so don't worry if you can't make it. But it's very helpful, so I highly recommend you go. Even with 3 years under my belt I still found useful help at the Driver's School. It's very low pressure and fun. :) I took a friend to one last year and he had a blast. He had no idea his car could do the things that it did. :)

Students are divided up into small groups that work with one instructor. The instructor will take their group through the course, walking it step by step and explaining the techniques used for each type of corner. Then you will drive the course with the instructor riding along with you. He/she will start you off easy and help you gain speed through multiple runs of the course. And the timing equipment will be running so you can keep track of your progress.

Seats are limited, so register early. But this is a great way to get a secure footing in AutoX if you've never done this before.

Well said! Thanks for posting this Draco!

Why is the May 6th open for reg but 4/14 isn't?

:yuno:

Fixed...will be open by this weekend... still working out some kinks in some new features that they added during the off season

Well said! Thanks for posting this Draco!

Fixed...will be open by this weekend... still working out some kinks in some new features that they added during the off season

:fuuuu::fuuuu:

Trying to register now, it wants to know what class I'm in, and numbers in advance. I waited till the event last time for guidance on that...HALP

:fuuuu::fuuuu:

Trying to register now, it wants to know what class I'm in, and numbers in advance. I waited till the event last time for guidance on that...HALP

What vehicle are you running? Any mods? You can pick any # you want

Just go in the stock class.

It's been classified in "super stock". But IIRC, De-Cat & Tune are not allowed in that class, so it would have to live in prepared somewhere.

I just want to go and have fun, not legitimately going to compete first time out obviously. :dumb:

It's been classified in "super stock". But IIRC, De-Cat & Tune are not allowed in that class, so it would have to live in prepared somewhere.

I just want to go and have fun, not legitimately going to compete first time out obviously. :dumb:

Ok, what car is it, and I'll let you know. Or you can read rules here --> http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/assets/2012_Solo_Rules_February_reduced.pdf and figure out class.

http://forum.ovr-scca.org/index.php?topic=1236.0

Figured it would be better to park it there...:fa:

BSP

Page 187 --> http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/assets/2012_Solo_Rules_February_reduced.pdf

EDIT: Ahhh, it's an RS...I thought it was a TTS. Saw the Fastrack for SS, but no reference for SP classing?? hmmmmm......May have to write SEB for that one.....

Edited by bmwohio