Good idea or bad idea?

V8 Beast

I wouldnt, you already own a fun car that you own outright. If you truly bored with what you have and is a good deal I can undertand. I look at things based on cost, paying $9 on top of your bird sounds like an expensive mustang though.

Eh. Not sure if good or serious. Seems like you might regret after the novelty wears off.

It would be a project (not as in depth, but something to mess with). Cant do a whole lot with the TA that doesnt require hours of tuning, a new engine, and better roll cage. Plus 10 years of technology being added is a huge plus. If I was going to get a new fun car its going to cost me $10 - 20k anyway.

It would be a project. Cant do a whole lot with the TA that doesnt require hours of tuning, a new engine, and roll cage upgrades all at once. Plus 10 years of technology being added is a huge plus. If I was going to get a new fun car its going to cost me $10 - 20k anyway.

I can understand having to spend money regardless of what you do, I was looking at it from a centiment standpoint. If you don't feel much attachment to the T/A, I say do it.

Guess my first thought was how much more will your TA depreciate over the next 4 or 5 years?

Now, how much are you losing on the '11 Mustang over that same time?

As I know you know, it's not just the 9 g's now, it's the other 9 g's you'll lose on the stang.

I can understand having to spend money regardless of what you do, I was looking at it from a centiment standpoint. If you don't feel much attachment to the T/A, I say do it.

I think thats the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger honestly. The mustang thing just kind of fell in my lap from a friend of my brothers. I considered one as my next practical fun car, but never thought I would get one. The CTS-V's and c6's I want are not exactly practical.

Guess my first thought was how much more will your TA depreciate over the next 4 or 5 years?

Now, how much are you losing on the '11 Mustang over that same time?

As I know you know, it's not just the 9 g's now, it's the other 9 g's you'll lose on the stang.

Right. With the time I put into the TA I'm losing about $15k on it. What I want is something that when it loses value I dont care because it still has value to me. I guess the TA is starting to lose its value in my eyes :(

Im in a similar situation with my house. Sell and get one that I feel good about wasting money on, or stay here and hope the value goes back up in a few years. Decisions decisions

I say do it. Automatics are becoming better by the year. There are automatics that shifts faster than manuals, yield better mpg than manuals, etc.

I like the new looks of the Mustang and the 5.0 is awesome, at least from what I read.

The CTS-V's and c6's I want are not exactly practical.

How is the CTS-V not practical?

I love the new Mustangs and an see doing the auto myself. More consistent and just as fast. Fun factor might not be there as much in terms of feeling connected to the car, but it's really all owner specific.

Overall though, just me looking at it, it's more of a lateral move for you. I mean, IMO the cars are on par outside one being older. If it were me, I'd look to make a move up and get something that puts you at the next level. Not sure if you follow what I mean.

How is the CTS-V not practical?

Price tag.. I've looking at the supercharged ones. I can have 3 - 4 cars and get the mustang. With the ctsv I would have to lower my stable down to 2.

I've almost pulled the trigger on a turbo set-up a few times. The cost of the engine I want and the turbo together in a 10 year old car is a turn off. Im not hard core into modding anymore. I think thats why the mustang is getting a second look. I can get into the 10's with it without sacrificing too much of the daily comfort.

Personally, i wouldnt do it. You own your car and if you still have any fun with it whatsoever theres no reason, thats another bill you dont have to pay every month for what reason? I hate my car but i own it and buying a new car/truck when i already own this one doesnt make any financial sense it would purely be an impulse decision. Of course im just looking at the money aspect not whether or not you want a newer car/platform and mod that etc..

It depends which Mustang GT and what options? Also, what is the condition of your T/A, mods, value, etc.?

If your car is worth $12k + $9k = GT price?

I would think the Mustang is worth more but not sure what you have in your T/A or if the $15k is what you have in mods or total appraisal value?

If you want a DD that you plan to take to the drag strip regularly, then I think the Auto 5.0 is a GREAT choice and would be something new and fun to start over with. If you plan to autoX or road course it then I would think twice about the auto.

there are a few things you are not going to get away from. It will need safety equipment just like yours now, it will need tuned after mods, and it will lose value the same. SO that said you need to decide what you are missing or want from a toy. For me I do like the power to MPG but the Lsx you have now is not that far behind in technology

100% good idea, till auto, 100% bad idea

this ^

Eh. Not sure if good or serious. Seems like you might regret after the novelty wears off.

THis ^

If it makes you happy go for it.

Mostly this ^

I will be sad, because your car will probably be gone before I get mine finished and over there to whoop on you. :fuckyeah:

Here is my take on it... and why I started my own wwcrd

Track Duty (as is)

TA - 8

5.0 - 5

CTS - 6

Daily Driving

TA - 4

5.0 - 7

CTS - 8

Future modability

TA - 7

5.0 - 8

CTS - 8

Comfort to speed ratio

TA - 5

5.0 - 7

CTS - 8

Affordability

TA - 9

5.0 - 7

CTS - 3

Maybe I should sell the edge and force my wife to make it her daily driver. J/K, I'm done with making payments for anything thats not mid life crisis worthy..

Price tag.. I've looking at the supercharged ones. I can have 3 - 4 cars and get the mustang. With the ctsv I would have to lower my stable down to 2.

:yuno: What the heck do you need 3-4 cars for?

The CTS-V would make a bad-ass DD'er and fun toy as you could mildly mod it and have a track car simply by swapping tires.

I'll have one soon. I only play around keeping the Mazda as it's paid for and a fun in a Jekyll and Hyde way compared to the company limo.