Got a new bang bang thingy

V8 Beast

Pros

-Cheap to shoot (5.45x39mm ammo)

-Can sell it for less than retail and still make a few hundred in profit (this was one of those "are you really selling it to me at that price" kind of things)

-Can use a lot of AK accessories so parts for it are pretty easy to find.

-Fun to shoot

Cons

Feels weird at first, Will take getting used to.

Will post up any other issues I find.

AK74 Bullpup

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i89/xxtheonlyxx/IMAG0148.jpg

I imagine the first few times firing a bullpup-anything would be like driving a hoodless mid/rear-engine car like a diablo or something.

Yeah, its like trying to have sex with a woman that has her vagina on her elbow. I got the ps90 also... I probably would have liked this more if I wasnt alternating with that.

Call me when you are ready......

KillJoy

Fastest sale ever :lol: You have dibs

Other fun toy

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/407298_3292501634660_1331350881_3466960_1872957736_n.jpg

More expensive to shoot, but feels great, accurate, and very light. This is my favorite gun to shoot now by far.

Jones, I just looked on that site and don't really see great deals. I found 5.7x28 while I was in VT for $21.99, they were hollow point, and bought what they had. Vance's will only do $1 off per box if you buy 500rnds, so $23.99 a box. Where is the best deal on this ammo you have seen?

Jones, I just looked on that site and don't really see great deals. I found 5.7x28 while I was in VT for $21.99, they were hollow point, and bought what they had. Vance's will only do $1 off per box if you buy 500rnds, so $23.99 a box. Where is the best deal on this ammo you have seen?

That site isn't for "deals" it's for special loads.

I typically reference this updated list:

http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11702

And buy in bulk as necessary. :masturboy:

I assume you have to join the forum and message the guy to order? I like the 1000 #'s

No, those are just links to other sites that have them for sale.

It's just a somewhat regularly updated list of where the ammo is for sale and a recent price. Just click on the link and it will take you there.

http://www.fivesevenammo.com/shop/page2.html

Is that a Century built bullpup? If it is, be prepared for disappointment. The trigger is HORRIBLE, you'll have literally zero consistency in take-up, pull, or feel. Beyond that...it's basically a stamped WASR, you'll get groups of 3-5inches @100 yards at best. And no iron sights, with your cheek against the dust cover...

Appreciated my 5.7 bff

I have to say, coming from an avid AR user and shooting an L85 bull pup, was a very different experience. Very different feeling in CQB.

Nice buys.

Definitely. The thing I love about it most is it feels like a pistol around corners. I was running through some what if scenarios in my house and no rifle I have is as quick to get around a corner and site in a target. That light switch didnt have a chance :lol:

Is that a Century built bullpup? If it is, be prepared for disappointment. The trigger is HORRIBLE, you'll have literally zero consistency in take-up, pull, or feel. Beyond that...it's basically a stamped WASR, you'll get groups of 3-5inches @100 yards at best. And no iron sights, with your cheek against the dust cover...

Did you get that off the internet or are you speaking from experience? I ask because I read a lot of negative stuff online, but positive from people that actually own them. My time with it is limited but it grouped fine for me after I adjusted the red dot sight. There is a half inch peice of plastic over the dust cover for protection Im guessing, and the trigger is crisp and consistent. After reading what I did I may have been expecting it to be so crappy that everything went better than expected.

I'll be able to give a real review in a month or so.. but for now the stuff thats online seems off. I do however thank them because I think thats how I got it for a low price.

I'm thinking about doing something like this if I plan to keep it. The one thing I dont like is how cheap the plastic feels.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n32/qbertquartz2/dsc00979c.jpg

Edited by V8 Beast