t-shirts/under shirts (serious thread)

evan9381

Figured this'd be the go to place with all the guys on here.

Anyone have any suggestions on decent undershirts/white tees that arent junk? I have some older ones on their last leg, and have bought new ones recently, but they suck. Theyre always too short, even when listed as "generous length"...nothing to me is as annoying as wearing a dress shirt, and have it tucked in, and i can feel my undershirt coming untucked from my belt...im not a tall person (5'11), so its irritating this happens with what is supposed to be a longer lenghth shirt.

I've bought hanes and fruit of the loom and both suck, which is wierd, because my old shirts that have enough length are these brands, albeit theyre probably 6+ years old

I am with you on the shirts riding up. My favorite undershirts are the gray army ones that have been washed so many times they are almost paperthin. I dont wear to many white undershirts but finding ones that are thin enough they dont feel like a tshirt is always my problem.

I've gotten some Hanes v-neck shirts recently that seem kind of short too, but I don't dress with my shirts tucked in (I wear a work uniform) so it doesn't bother me. Have you been able to find your size in a long? I used to have some undershirts from Sears that were made thin, but they were extra long.

Jason, yeah, mine are so old theyre thin as hell...i dont mind when theyre new, i just hate when theyre baggy as hell around my torso, and short...i can buy a medium that fits tighter and barely clears my belt, and a large long is big on my torso and still not much longer...not to mention, wash them and they shrink even more

Lol @ LJ

Alex is obviously a fucking retard...why spend my time and $ trying to find what i want, when i can get 1st person experiences. Ive already tried 2 different brands, i dont want to keep wasting $ on shirts i hate wearing vs someone saying "xyz brand is what youre looking for"

And yeah, jason, fuck white socks after 1st wear. Lol

I like the Hanes reg no tag ones you can buy anywhere like Walmart and such, but I'm about 5' 10.5" and I understand what you mean about them being to short at times. I was getting new ones every 2-3 months and I see how they where getting shorter and shorter. They aren't to the point of where I'm bothered yet, but getting close. I'm about to toss all mine away and get all new too.

Underarmor? I was looking at a few for workout shirts and noticed most of them are really long on me and I'm 6' 2".

Ive got a couple nike dri-fits that are long, but fuck $30/shirt. Lol. Plus, at about 1yr old, its beat to shit and has lost most of its elasticity that kept it fitting tighter when i bought it.

I am about your height exactly and I had this problem with all of my older hane's undershirts for work. I did a bunch of looking around and found Jerzees brand white and black undershirts at Target to be perfect. They were pretty damn cheap to, so it's worth a look for you.

I'm a fan of my jockey undershirts. Wear one every day.

This. Find them at any macys(I think) or take a biannual trip down to the Jefferson mall outlets and stock up for a few months.

I'm with you OP. One needs to be comfortable in the clothes that have direct contact with their skin for 17 some odd hrs a day