Mountain Biking 2012 thread

AWW$HEEET

WEEEEEE

Id like to know everyones goals.

Goals:

Ride Mohican a ton. Ride the 100mi race or the 100k race.

Race at least 2-5 other races.

Organize a trip to Snowshoe.

Gear:

Fisher Big Sur, looking to do some upgrades, or go to a Moots, or Dean Ti frame. Id like to get a lighter wheel and crankset, also get a thomson stem.

Like to get a DH bike, maybe hit some 4X courses up.

my goals are buy $75 bike, ride it once, then go back to drinking

drinking after you ride gets you drunk quick.

cycling protip- ice cold beer of choice during the post-ride shower not only gets you drunk, but it gets you drunk sooner. If you really wanna get freaky rim your ladies margareta glasses with your salty sack before you wash up. It'll be a flavor shell never forget.

To start off, I'd like to get my frame powder coated a flat white (anyone know where to take it?)

1) Ride 10 new trails before fall.

2) I'd like to put 200 miles under my belt

3) Mohican is on there, but last time I tried, I was 18 or so and it whooped me. Only completed half.

4)Get a friend into the sport

5) gopro everything

To start off, I'd like to get my frame powder coated a flat white (anyone know where to take it?)

1) Ride 10 new trails before fall.

2) I'd like to put 200 miles under my belt

3) Mohican is on there, but last time I tried, I was 18 or so and it whooped me. Only completed half.

4)Get a friend into the sport

5) gopro everything

i cant find one person to ride mohican with. id like to ride the whole thing too, ive only done half.

fuck. i know 60-100 miles on road is no easy feat. you guys must be beasts to do it on trail.

whos got a spare bike i can come out and try it out with you guys?

I guess its pretty nasty. ~10000 ft of climbing over the course. Probably one of the harder races in the country.

General fitness goals, which include mountain biking. Where I say combined I was thinking bike + run, but we will throw hiking in there too since it's human powered and I hope it will suck up some time this summer.

1000mi combined for the season

100mi in 1 week combined

Bike 4 consecutive laps at Alum

Bike 1 lap at Mohican

Run 1 lap at Alum

Nothing too lofty, but it will mean I need to actually exercise 3-4 days a week for the whole season, and that's the point, to keep me motivated.

I'm also doing a 'tri' in June, which I did last June. Canoe 3.5 mi, run 5 mi, bike 17mi.

I hurt my foot at the beginning of last season, I think I completely pull/tore something in it. I couldn't run longer than ~1 mi for probably 2 months. I could finally start increasing my distance a few weeks before the tri, but I barely got up to running 4mi by the time the tri came around. So I finished but it was rough. I think my overall time was just under 3 hours. If I can train well this year I'm hoping to do it under 2:30. That's doing the canoe in the same amount of time as last year, running 9 min miles and doing the bike in 1 hour. Easily doable.