New Wheels/tires/brakes on the GTO

Littleguy

After collecting parts these last couple of months I finally installed them on the goat. I upgraded to 2005-06 front and rear brakes (larger and better cooling) with Russell lines and new rotors along with a set of OEM Sport Appearance Package 18" wheels with G-Force T/A KDW NT's (245 front and 265 rear). I really like the look of the car now, next up for the car will either be coilovers, fender roll, and widening these wheels so I can put 285's or 295's on the rear or I'll just do power first, I haven't decided yet.

http://www.newcelica.org/photopost/data/500/IMG_0732.jpg

http://www.newcelica.org/photopost/data/500/IMG_0734.jpg

http://www.newcelica.org/photopost/data/500/IMG_0733.jpg

http://www.newcelica.org/photopost/data/500/IMG_0737.jpg

Nice work, looking at a set of BC Coilovers myself. I can't wait till I need new tires, hate the profile on the stockers.

Yep, the stock tires really are terrible on these things. I've been thinking about the BC coilovers along with some bushings too.

definitely an upgrade from those tires you had on it.. one small question and i hate to nitpick but the tires up front look like they have a larger side wall... you said 245 and 265 rears but what was the next number?? a 295-35 in the rear will get it going in the right direction.. maybe its just how they look on the car in the fenderwells

definitely an upgrade from those tires you had on it.. one small question and i hate to nitpick but the tires up front look like they have a larger side wall... you said 245 and 265 rears but what was the next number?? a 295-35 in the rear will get it going in the right direction.. maybe its just how they look on the car in the fenderwells

The front tire size was something that discount and I actually disagreed about. I went with a 245/40-18 over a 245/35-18 that they recommended. The diameter of the 35 sidewall was 1.03 inches smaller than the stock diameter and the 40 was only .10 inches larger than oem. Since the car has pretty low mileage and I'd like to keep it that way I decided on the larger sidewall because I'd kick myself knowing I was adding to the miles I put on my car due to a smaller tire size. The rears are 265/35-18. Yes, a 295 would be awesome with coilovers and fenders to allow them.

.....and yes, a new set of oem headlights will be on the car shortly. :)

The front tire size was something that discount and I actually disagreed about. I went with a 245/40-18 over a 245/35-18 that they recommended. The diameter of the 35 sidewall was 1.03 inches smaller than the stock diameter and the 40 was only .10 inches larger than oem. Since the car has pretty low mileage and I'd like to keep it that way I decided on the larger sidewall because I'd kick myself knowing I was adding to the miles I put on my car due to a smaller tire size. The rears are 265/35-18. Yes, a 295 would be awesome with coilovers and fenders to allow them.

.....and yes, a new set of oem headlights will be on the car shortly. :)

Front tires do nothing towards the mileage. Back ones can.

OT....what did you set the manual white balance in those shots off of? Looks set too cool but can be easily fixed.

Car looks great. Said that before. Now it has a great stance.

You know, I was wondering why the coloring showed up like that. I've been leaving it on auto white balance because I still don't fully understand the function (unless it wasn't in which case that was probably the problem). got any youtube links that will explain it to me? Your the man Tim!

And thanks to everybody for the nice comments about the car. :)

You know, I was wondering why the coloring showed up like that. I've been leaving it on auto white balance because I still don't fully understand the function (unless it wasn't in which case that was probably the problem). got any youtube links that will explain it to me? Your the man Tim!

And thanks to everybody for the nice comments about the car. :)

Yep...exif shows you have it set on custom...likely by accident. I use Auto WB most of the time when shooting jpeg too. Works very well in all but incandescent settings.

http://www.learn.usa.canon.com/dlc/search/search.spr?keyword=white+balance

The above is a link to the Canon Tutorial sections that are very good too. PM me with any questions.