New lot for SCCA

Dr. Apex

Hot sauce. Bought a car just to beat on at autocross, since I haven't been able to run in almost 3 years. Its been so long my helmet expired, actually. Hoping to have a few solid upgrades too. Racing Beat suspension package and some nice tires, as well as some chassis stiffening.

Not as big as Cooper - as big (a bit bigger?) as both OSU lots, poorer pavement (about the same as NTR), some islands to deal with, but the size/shape will allow for some different course looks.

build them so we have to regear the karts to go over 80 lol.

The surface is a little bumpy, but we will make it work. quote]

Says the "young" guy that drives something with springs between the wheels and the chassis.....

Just kidding - it will do in this transition year!

Yeah, no solid axle for me, Craig....thanks :dumb:

• 3 weeks later...

dotn know why they arent on OVRs site yet.. but..

Draco Posted it on COS

It is another year and another Season for OVR RallyCross! We'll be back at the great surface of National Trail Raceway thanks to the fine folks there. And we might even be debuting a new location not that far away. As always, Dan's Deli will be at the NTR events supply their usual great lunches.

Not only is a new location a possibility, but we have some great events lined up this year. The biggest news is that we have the Great Lakes Division National Challenge this year. Now that the SCCA is only sanctioning one National Challenge per division, the event will be traveling each year to different regions. We have the honor of putting on this event first and hope everyone will come out for the fun 2-day event; not to mention the contingency awards!

Also we will see a return of the SigmaTec Enduro Challenge, hosted by our main sponsor SigmaTec Racing! Not just one lap of the circuit, but two full laps for each run. This will test not just the car's ability to cope with the heat of twice the run time, but also challenge the driver's endurance and focus. So some on out and test your mettle!

And back in September after a very successful beta event (despite nearly triple digit heat) is the Duel in the Dirt! No stop watches. Just you and your opponent; Head-to-head racing in the dirt. You don't have to beat everyone, just the car across from you. Are you quick enough? Or will the other guy reach his finish line first? It's a shoot-out, RallyCross style!

So come on out! Whether you're an old hat at RallyCross with more mud under your car than in your garden, or you've never tried it before and still drive around puddles, every event at OVR is for you!

Points Event #1, Season opener: April 21 @ National Trail Raceway

PE #2: May 26 @ NTR

PE #3: June 30 @ NTR

PE #4, Joint event with Western Ohio Region: July 14 @ Roos Farm

PE #5, SigmaTec Enduro Challenge: July 28 @ NTR

PE #6-7, Great Lakes Division National Challenge: August 25 - 26 @ NTR

PE #8, Duel in the Dirt: September 15 @ NTR

PE #9: October 20 @ NTR

PE #10, Joint event with WOR: November 3 @ Roos Farm

Ten events this year, so lots of opportunity to come out and have a good time! We hope to see you out there. Registration for all of the events will be open shortly on MotorsportReg.com. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to PM me. I'm more than happy to help in any way I can.

See you there!

• 4 weeks later...

And if anyone is interested there is a meeting on Monday April 16th at 7:00 to go over the Rally schedule.

Meeting address: Morones Italian Villa at the corner of Bethel and Godown Rds.

Edited by flashburn
Month