1 yr old portraits

Berto

Another family friend of mine asked me to shoot some portraits of their baby boy. Just turned 1. I tried something bold and wen out and bought a green background. I think it worked well. First time shooting with the flash remotely and an umbrella. C&C welcome.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c192/BertoBizkit/Fred%20Miranda%20Forum%20Entries/Berto%20Photography/Misc%20Photography/Lucas1yr8.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c192/BertoBizkit/Fred%20Miranda%20Forum%20Entries/Berto%20Photography/Misc%20Photography/Lucas1yr1.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c192/BertoBizkit/Fred%20Miranda%20Forum%20Entries/Berto%20Photography/Misc%20Photography/Lucas1yr1onlyblue10-x13.jpg

Edited by Berto

Worked well. The only thing I would suggest is to get a white back drop. You'll never be able to digitally swap out a green one where with white you can put just about anything back there. Also, shoot with two lights minimum. This will eliminate nearly all shadows.

Yeah I thought green was bold but now I have a backdrop I have no use for. Think I am going to end up buying a white backdrop with the crossbar and everything. I know about the lights. But still pretty happy with the outcome.

Yeah I thought green was bold but now I have a backdrop I have no use for. Think I am going to end up buying a white backdrop with the crossbar and everything. I know about the lights. But still pretty happy with the outcome.

Green is good for video, so save it for your cross into that realm :)

Outcome was good. PP them a bit to warm them up and enhance the lighting a bit and you're golden. Pun intended.

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/141892641

I had a similar situation when I was on a company shoot recently. The photographer I was working with showed up without his lighting and I was counting on him to bring it since he lived 5hrs from the event whereas I flew in from Ohio and he knew I was only bringing two bodies, two lenses and to 580ex units with diffusers. So instead of nice umbrellas and hair-lights, we had to make due with what I had. Shots all turned out well regardless. I also learned to never work with him again though.

Edited by TTQ B4U

I personally LOVE the green background. I wouldnt dismiss it just yet :)

It looks great with that black chair.

Not a fan of the last image.. but thats just my taste, if anything i would even keep the eyes blue and lower the saturation of his eyes, just to give it a minor color and turn the chair black and white as well. ...this would be more impactful IMHO

I assume thats a paper background.. is it from Midwest? What color is it (im considering picking it up myself)

I personally LOVE the green background. I wouldnt dismiss it just yet :)

It looks great with that black chair.

Not a fan of the last image.. but thats just my taste, if anything i would even keep the eyes blue and lower the saturation of his eyes, just to give it a minor color and turn the chair black and white as well. ...this would be more impactful IMHO

I assume thats a paper background.. is it from Midwest? What color is it (im considering picking it up myself)

Its just green cloth from Jo-ann. Had the GF sew it together on her machine for me.