Any good roofers?

Buck531

I used Advanced Concepts Inc (ACI) last year after some reviews on here. They were to do my roof, drywall repair inside, gutters, and paint the house. I would strongly not recommend.

The roof itself came out fine, but several things were broken/destroyed around my house in the process. The Ford diesel they had tow away trailer containing the old roof dumped ALOT of oil on my driveway and so on.

The guy I was working with from ACI was good about the initial situation and replaced everything that was broken. I was happy with his followup and decided to go ahead and use them for the rest of the repairs. When they went to paint the house, the got over spray on my and my neighbors cars, exterior fixtures, and landscaping items. They again took care of most of it and proceeded inside to work. They had to cut out a 12'x4' section of drywall ceiling in my family room and were supposed to repair other misc areas in the same room and my kitchen. My 2 year old son could probably have done the same job they did. At this point relationships went down hill the more the attempted to fix the situations, the worse the results looked. At that point we figured out a discounted rate to just part ways. I did receive a hefty discount for the work that was done, but I still need to get things fixed.

Again, avoid at all costs.

I'm going to need to have the roof on my detached garage this year. It's 24x24 and it will most likely need to have the wood replaced or added as it's sagging pretty bad up top. Any recommendations?

i've been thinking about doing the exact same thing to my detached garage. lets hear some more recommendations.

Well I talked to a friend who I play MW3 with and he said he'd come up and do it for $1500 if I buy the materials. I was thinking more around a grand. My brother and I can probably strip off the two layers of shingles and it can't be hard to put down plywood on top of plywood. I might just have to see how much this will cost doing it myself.

Well I talked to a friend who I play MW3 with and he said he'd come up and do it for $1500 if I buy the materials. I was thinking more around a grand. My brother and I can probably strip off the two layers of shingles and it can't be hard to put down plywood on top of plywood. I might just have to see how much this will cost doing it myself.

You don't put plywood on top of rotting plywood come on that's just plain common sense. Rip up two layers of shingles and rip off the bad plywood and do it right so you're not doing it again in a year or five.

You don't put plywood on top of rotting plywood come on that's just plain common sense. Rip up two layers of shingles and rip off the bad plywood and do it right so you're not doing it again in a year or five.

It's not rotted.. it's just too thin. Back in 62 when the house was build code was only like 3/8th inch plywood or something. It's just sagged over the last 50 years.

Yeah you don't layer wood. Most good roofers won't even layer shingles.

Eh. just trying to save a buck or two. I don't have $2k lying around to just say 'hey.. do my roof.. I don't care how much it costs".

I do understand what you guys are saying.

So back on topic.. any good roofers out there?

• 10 months later...
Not to thread jack, but if somoene knows an all around contractor for roof, electric and general stuff, I'm looking to have some estimates for future and some current things I need done. Please PM info so's to not throw this tread off. Thanks

We used muth roofing to redo our roof after we bought our house. They do great work. One of the top rated companies in central ohio. We picked them from Angies list. If you are on there they do have 100-500 dollar off coupons. They were the top company and gave is the lowest quote. I would give them a shout.

www.muthroofing.com/