driving shoes

The_buster

so its time to switch from steel toe boots to a comfy shoe for everyday walking around and driving. I have worn boots since 10th grade and its starting to take its toll on the knees and hips. I never noticed it too much until i got the civic, and all the shifting. I haven't driven a stick shift in quite a while. Anyway... we took munchkin to the zoo today and all the walking in the boots sucked. well any info on what people like and works for them is appreciated. yes its kinda a pansy rant since im only 25 but i need something better before something happens.

Get a type of running shoe, seriously.

Driving shoes, are literally that: Only meant for driving.

My Puma Future Cat M1s have no support at all. It's pretty much painful to walk on them, it will tear your feet up if you use them for daily activities.

Get a type of running shoe, seriously.

Driving shoes, are literally that: Only meant for driving.

My Puma Future Cat M1s have no support at all. It's pretty much painful to walk on them, it will tear your feet up if you use them for daily activities.

I almost posted inb4M0nk3y :gabe:

^^ This. I can't wear and Reebok or Nike as my feet are too damn wide. NB is comfy.

Same issue for me with Puma. I loved mine, but they made me look like I had clown shoes on. Size 13 and they seemed really skinny. It just looked (and felt...need some space!) goofy.

I absolutely love wearing my Nike Free Run 2. Most comfy shoes I've bought to date.

http://www.nikefreeus2012.org/image/cache/data/Nike%20Free%20Run%20II/443815-013%20Nike%20Free%20Run%202%20Black%20Volt-500x500.jpg

I just bought a pair of these http://www.zappos.com/puma-whirlwind-classic-ebony-cordovan-grey-violet

Good mix of walking and driving shoe. Narrow enough to make shifting easy, and the heel has a dotted rubber part that comes around over the bottom so your feet won't slide around at all. One of the more comfortable pairs of shoes I've had in a while although arch support is minimal (as with a lot of Puma's). Lots of different styles too.

Samba's or New Balance. Chuck Taylor's is another to look into.

http://www.shop.puma.com/sale/men/footwear/42110,en_US,sc.html

Puma always has sales...go to town.

Get dedicated driving shoes, and comfort shoes. Thank me later.

I agree with these guys. Definitely get a pair for each activity. I like a little cushion for my walking around shoes, but minimal padding for my driving shoe.

I like chucks and pumas speedcat for driving, although I think the sole on the chucks is a little thinner and more pliable, gives a little bit better feedback from the pedals. Although i like the rolled heel on the pumas

FWIW i wear the cheap wal-mart shoes, they arent too bad on comfort however they could use an insole, but for driving, call me weird but in the summertime i actually prefer to drive barefoot. idk what it is, but it seems like i have way more control of the pedals