The cars you have

Mojoe

Joe, unsure why I keep heading back to the RX7`s. I have had 8 of them and do really love my 3rd gen. Maybe i will get to the point I will settle for one of them. My first car was a 1964 Nova and I will eventually want to restore one. That one is simply nostalgic.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no intention of ever not owning a 1Ga AWD.

I know what you mean. I sold my 1G last year in favor of the FD. Luckily, my best friend owns it and has agreed to sell it back to me when I want it back. I still get to drive it all the time and work on it just as often. It held the record for Most Reliable DSM in Columbus for the longest time. :gabe: Anyway, if I move away this summer I am buying it back and bringing it with me. I just cannot be without that car. I have been into DSMs for 10 years and I'm not about to stop. The FD isn't going anywhere though.

I have a 2001 Toyota Echo I purchased for $800 and 220k miles... runs like a top and I plan on owning it until the thing refuses to move any further. It's basically something to drive when all else fails.

The Jetta GLX I have now is just a nice car I can play with, but I plan on just having it to drive in the summer. Obviously I can't drive my Corolla all the time since it's hardly streetable.

The Corolla I have is basically my own keepsake.. I regret selling it, and no point ever selling it again. It's a collectors car and I'd never find another one like it in the condition it's in. I plan on continually building it and it will always be an ongoing project. Essentially, it's always my toy.

I bought a 1995 Buick Roadmaster Wagon recently.

I sell cars for a living so my attachment to vehicles has really deminished since I started doing this. But this is the first car in prolly 7-8 years that I have wanted to keep for a while. Guess we will see what happens.

I have had a couple diff cars but nothing fun untill i bought my 93 Mazda MX6. The car to most people is nothing special being a FWD v6 but i loved it. It was something to mess with and my first car i could actually modify to my liking. Unfortunatley 2 engines in a row gets costly and weddings are expensive so i sold it. Often think about getting another one but i cant even find one thats half as clean as mine was. And now i realize the next car will have to be something RWD/AWD and something i plan on keeping for almost ever.

The MR2 is one of 2 cars I ALWAYS wanted. I was able to snag this one from an older lady with a hip injury who could not drive it any longer. I love the car to death, I hate it's issues, I won't sell it no matter how mad I get at it. It is almost at a breaking point where I will need to tear it apart seriously and go through it to make it right.

The Legacy is relatively new, I have started to modify it a tiny bit. Generally a good indication that I am happy with the car and wish to continue making it my own. I do have a final image of what I want the car to look like. It is probably the most practical car I have owned thus far.

Damnit, I never check who is signed in LOL

I've been surprised at myself with the Mustang. Yes it's s dime a dozen but there are endless ways to make it my own, probably more so than a civic even. I've had it 3 years now and it's only really begun to be modified, but it's a good start and I have a million little things I want to do to it and I think having to mod it slowly is probably the best way of doing it. It's been an exceptionally reliable car despite the track abuse and I can attribute no work being done to the car that wasn't because of it.

I want a new Boss 302 bad but I want to keep my car and keep working on it which I think is the route I'll go as much as I know I would love having a Boss in the garage.

I have had a couple diff cars but nothing fun untill i bought my 93 Mazda MX6. The car to most people is nothing special being a FWD v6 but i loved it.

Ah the MX6... I had a 95 MX6 V6. Was a nice commuter car, never let me down. Never did any mods to it though.

As for my MR2... I really enjoy the car and hope to keep it for a long while. That said, despite the amount of money I've put into giving it a more healthy amount of non-laggy power (V6 turbo helps, original car is a bit lacking), I bet I'll end up replacing it this decade. With what I don't know... want >400hp, <2300lbs, smaller than the MR2, and MR.

meh, i have two cars sitting dead weight in my garage. i made the mistake of adding a built auto on my cobra and i've been chasing problems with it for over a year. the car pulls like an absolute raped ape, but i'm nervous the tranny will break, since, well, it has broken about 4 times despite being a "tci streetfighter guaranteed for 750hp". i just can't enjoy it like i used to. add to that, the fact that my vette is 100 times more comfortable, and about to be made much faster, and i'm left wanting to ditch the cobra and buy something new---with a warranty--maybe a new 5.0/boss/gt500.

mod a car too much and all of the sudden you find yourself not driving it.

my '85 has barely been driven in 4 years--its a project

right now i spend much of my time in the cts-v. i'm convinced it would be damn near unbeatable with just a pulley--at least unbeatable in terms of what i see up here in butt-fuck-nowhere.

I am not very good at keeping cars around except the 95 GT, but the one car I would have kept I was asked to get rid of by my family and at the time I was in no postition to argue. Granted it was a FWD econo box but it was fun.

Still wish said car was around.

91Tsi sold stupidly...excellent condition until I bent a shift fork.

98Gst. blew it up at school and dumped the 7bolt into a dumpster one night(firebush can attest to this)

Still have an evolution, gvr4, 95tsi awd, and a scion tc. Not really super attached to any of them. Really want a C5Z or an older 911 turbo.

I plan on keeping my cars forever.

RX-7 - I would have a hard time not selling it if someone came to me and said 'I'll give you 10k for it'. But no one ever will. Plus I have so much time and work on it. Also the car is so much fun and I don't owe anything on it. If I don't drive it, its not really a big deal.

06 Civic - def keeping it. paid off. Great daily driver. Figure I can at least get 300k miles if the body doesn't end up rusting around it.

04 Ram - This truck is hard to justify keeping around but I love it. I barely use it once a week or when I have to haul the car, 4wheelers anywhere, camping. But its such an awesome truck. Plus its getting increasingly hard to get this vintage truck that is still clean. Its paid off too and doesn't hurt just sitting. I don't see myself getting rid of it anytime soon.

I'm stuck with my Si for many years to come. I've had it for 6-7 years now and dd it year round. I've always wanted one when I was younger. I found a low mile perfect body one for a steal and was all over it. It's been through 3 different motor setups. I even blew it up 3 years back and was so close tO selling it but couldnt. It's to the point now where there's just to much money in it and doubt anyone will offer me enough money for it to even consider selling. I know the car inside and out. I can almost predict what the next thing that will break or need replaced before it happens.

I really need a beater but I just have to much fun driving the car every day. The only downfall is that it's not a car to take girls on dates in. No ac, power steering, stiff as hell loud and not very comfortable. Good thing my gf doesn't mind it and knows that it's my baby. I should be picking up a new car this summer so I can finally slap on a bigger turbo since my 16g is maxed out. Yeah it's a civic but I love it.

I'm your typical dsm guy had one in one shape or another since I was 16 so for the last 9 years or so. Just can't seem to get my self to branch away from the 4g.

Tried the BMW things as a daily and that hasn't treated me so well (e46)

Joe, I feel the same way about my car. It may be 'just a civic', but you sure as shit wont see another one just like it. Ive had the car for a little over 5 years now and its been through a few different stages. Low and slow. Swapped it for the first time when the stocker d series took a dump. Swapped it again for a GSR motor. Supercharged the GSR motor and made ~260whp. Then the full color change with the built motor and turbo setup. And here we are again Im building another trans for it and another turbo manifold in search of a few more MPH and HPs. Ive talked about selling it over the last year and I try to say that Ill be done with it after this, but Im probably only lying to myself.

I will say that whenever I get around to the Factory Five Cobra...THAT will be a car-4-life. :thumbup:

This.

I've had the cobra since 04, don't see myself getting rid of it anytime soon. Its been through a couple of changes since ive had it, now hopefully on it last upgrade, soon to be back on the road. I want another car, not sure what yet though, my own G8, 01 cobra vert, or maybe bite the bullet on a factory five cobra.

The ef I will never sell, that is my goal car that will be constantly worked on.

Only reason i sold my 1996 Talon (My first one) is because it was rusted to death or i would still own it.

All my other 4 talons have gave me hell.

Never thought I would of sold my Cadillac, but hey you got to eat and with that car payment I could not eat.

I love my 300zx. it's my first dd. it gave me hell mechanically once i got the body the way i wanted it, and now the body is shit but it runs like a top. dd'ing it in the winter+tow trucks killed it. ill keep it until it rusts out or dies. i love driving it.

the camaro i will never part with. it was my dad's since he bought it in 1982, and was promised to me when i was born. most of my childhood memories with him include that car in some way. after he got sick i almost wasnt able to get it due to medicaid rules but i lucked out. i loved the car before but now that my dad has dementia it has too much sentimental value to ever let it go