Official 2012 Baseball thread

Sturg1647545502

Opening day is upon us and the reds have broke the bank on votto. This equals out to Brandon Phillips, the most consistent player the redlegs have, will not be back next year.

good decision?

Will this be the season the reds have the best chance to make it into October?

someone else can chime in on the indians...they arnt my team. The closest i get to caring about the Indians is rooting like hell for the clippers.

I watched from bottom of the 4th to the start of the 7th. Cueto looked good, didn't get to see chapman throw or Bruces HR but i did see Brandon Phillips having one hell of a good time out there. Who ever the 9th inning closer was look good also.

Not getting my hopes up or anything, just happy to see a reds win and the home opener.

oh and i though it was a nice touch to show 5-finger-discount-Arroyo while the two Hamilton Co. sheriffs officers sung God Bless America during the 7th inning stretch:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I watched from bottom of the 4th to the start of the 7th. Cueto looked good, didn't get to see chapman throw or Bruces HR but i did see Brandon Phillips having one hell of a good time out there. Who ever the 9th inning closer was look good also.

Not getting my hopes up or anything, just happy to see a reds win and the home opener.

oh and i though it was a nice touch to show 5-finger-discount-Arroyo while the two Hamilton Co. sheriffs officers sung God Bless America during the 7th inning stretch:lol::lol::lol::lol:

What was that guy thinking when he did that? I read that story hoping there was just a mix up or something. So much for that. lol

Go tribe

:megusta:

WHAT!?! After giving up 7 extra innings of opportunities to win against the Blue Jays?

Worst. season opener. ever.

Masterson pitched a hell of a game.

Perez can't close...was throwing 91 fastballs in the 9th. It was batting practice.

WHAT!?! After giving up 7 extra innings of opportunities to win against the Blue Jays?

Worst. season opener. ever.

Masterson pitched a hell of a game.

Perez can't close...was throwing 91 fastballs in the 9th. It was batting practice.

As if I wasn't cold enough in the 9th, ready to go to dinner and continue to drink myself silly, we sat through all 16 innings and missed dinner plans.

Chris Perez owes me dinner, SOB.

Brandon Phillips signs through 2017....wooooooow. Lock in the Reds

Nice!! I'm stocked about that. You can tell he actually wants to play in Cincinnati.

It was apparently some sort of prank or dare or something. Looking forward to saturday nights game

Ah.. Hell of a prank; lol.

We went to the game on sunday. I was a little worried when it came down to the last few outs of the 9th inning with us trailing by 1. That game was nice. Chapman looked real good. He has a hell of a arm. Everytime we went last year was on of his off days so it was cool to finally see him pitch. Arroyo looked good until the 7th inning.

Cueto looks good in 2 starts...jury still out on latos, but I think he can get there. Homer Bailey is a headcase. Trade him now for a "player to be named later" There are certain names pro athletes should not have depending on the position they play. "Homer" should never be the first name of a pitcher.