The "Im still talking about D. Wiggs 4 years later" thread

D.Wiggs

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they still paying you to nutswing? Or do Wigg's balls just taste that good to you?

No I was just answering the question. Not only do I work for IPS I'm a customer of IPS.

But CTD as well as a few other local shops are customers of my web hosting business.

Edited by Thorne

Are they still paying you to nutswing? Or do Wigg's balls just taste that good to you?

Not sure why this comment (Thorne's) was replied to so harshly? :confused:

Woot! Post #3000! Should equate to about 10 good posts, total. Way to contribute me!

• 3 weeks later...

Before watching the vid, I wonder if the chip is one of those pos that supposedly makes your car thinks its colder so it advances the timing. That will work a bit on a obd1 car, maybe, or an older carb operated car.

If not that, I'm guessing maybe a throttle control device that will make the throttle a lot more sensitive but does nothing for actual power.

Watched it. Nothing surprising there. I do like that they really dig into the "chip" as well as testing on the dyno, etc.

Best quote of the vid:

Scott from Haltech's thoughts on what VTEC-YO feels like:

"...closest you're going to get to a boosted car without having it boosted or making any power." haha

Like my Vibe's VVTL-i. All the feeling of a turbo and its lag without all that crappy fuel milage and power getting in the way.

Are these the same guys (in the vid) who tested the electric leaf blowers on a Civic? I remember that actually showed a HP increase. haha

Before watching the vid, I wonder if the chip is one of those pos that supposedly makes your car thinks its colder so it advances the timing. That will work a bit on a obd1 car, maybe, or an older carb operated car.

If not that, I'm guessing maybe a throttle control device that will make the throttle a lot more sensitive but does nothing for actual power.

From the one I seen it was a resistor that was wired into the IAT causing the car to indeed think it was colder. It was on a subaru and the resistor actually caused the car to go into limp mode.

From the one I seen it was a resistor that was wired into the IAT causing the car to indeed think it was colder. It was on a subaru and the resistor actually caused the car to go into limp mode.

That or one on the MAF to make it think more air is going in so it adds more fuel.

Exactly! That's why I got the JET Chip for my Jaguar. It's the good one that makes the computer convert my 93 Octane to 116 Octane and makes power that way.

• 2 weeks later...