The "Im still talking about D. Wiggs 4 years later" thread

D.Wiggs

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having 2 friends who met their now wives from using online dating services (eharmony and the like...) I do find your constant badgering/exaggerating that single issue on wiggles is kind of annoying, shallow, and tasteless...

and in the case of both of my friends, suggesting it was because they couldnt "hook up" with girls in person/at bar/club/whereever is far from the truth.. but it is how, in their cases, how they met someone they could hold a long term relationship with... So that argument you made once about it making someone "less of a man" or however you put it, is both laughable, and false, based on my experience.

A LOT of people use those services (otherwise they wouldnt be so successful, and all over TV commercials). "dating services" have been around for A LONG time, well before the public use of the interwebz for that matter.

Its very obvious you are just using that useless bit of information to troll wiggles... unfortunately, that particular troll comment just puts you in bad light IMO... I'm not saying this to start an e-battle with you, or "call you out" or anything like that... I am saying this because I thnk you're a reasonable/smart person, and just want to make you aware of what is probably a sentiment most reasonable people on here share, and just arent saying, so maybe you will find something more solid to troll him on... such as putting his faith in "engineering" in someone who isnt as strong at it as they think they are.

It’s funny with the exorbitant amount of useless posts you have on CR, and in this thread, that you jump on a soap box to defend this.

But I am glad your friends are happy. Just because a viewpoint I have is not shared by others that use the internet to find love, does not mean I will alter it. I think its embarrassing to claim your found your wife via match.com, eharmony...ect. That's my opinion. I have my rights to it, No? The service that placed his wife was much more "costly" and "targeted" then the mentioned sights, so its even more laughable in my eyes. I won’t take it any further than that, as there is no point to be made by either party.

As for the car, the “results” speak for themselves. My offer is still extended. If another in-shop meeting can be arranged, I would be glad to be a willing “tech” participant. I can even bring someone with intimate lambo/exotic tuning knowledge for tech talk as well. 

I think its embarrassing to claim your found your wife via match.com, eharmony...ect. That's my opinion. I have my rights to it, No?

I am embarrassed for you that you are such a douchebag.

It’s funny with the exorbitant amount of useless posts you have on CR, and in this thread, that you jump on a soap box to defend this.

Oh? Really? You sure you want to bark up that tree? I am pretty sure it also safe to say I offer a lot more 'useful' information on here as well. ;)

That's my opinion. I have my rights to it, No?

Of course you have a right to your own opinion... It doesnt mean stating that opinion out loud will not make you look foolish/tasteless, though. Have some couth.

I am embarrassed for you that you are such a douchebag.

Maybe you are one of Juice'd "friends" as referenced in his thread? Sorry if you don’t like what I have to say-no need get your sandy ebay'd panties in a bunch.

Of course you have a right to your own opinion... It doesn’t mean stating that opinion out loud will not make you look foolish/tasteless, though. Have some couth.

I did not know that making a post in a tiny, private "racing" forum was being loud. Further, compared with most stuff posted here, I am surprised this is listed as tasteless. Funny something like this is ruffling so many feathers.

Of course you have a right to your own opinion... It doesnt mean stating that opinion out loud will not make you look foolish/tasteless, though. Have some couth.

I would say that would depend on the people he would be around when he says it. Some people would agree with his opinion and some people would not, its all a matter of opinion.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with meeting someone on the internet, some people have a very introverted personality in person and find it easier to meet people online. It's easier for them to talk more openly through a computer where rejection wouldn't be as big a deal. Look at CR, I would be willing to bet that most comments made on here wouldn't be made to someone's face at a meet or something. Someone on here might be a huge dick, but the nicest person you would meet face to face.

..Look at CR, I would be willing to bet that most comments made on here wouldn't be made to someone's face at a meet or something. Someone on here might be a huge dick, but the nicest person you would meet face to face.

Most? Just about all.

Rarely will I agree with JP but he has a valid point. You really have to hide behind a computer to meet someone? It's just another tool keeping the human race from interacting face to face.

I had to meet her in person eventually didn't I? The initial contact changes nothing. I had no problem meeting women, I just wanted to try something different, and it out great.

I had to meet her in person eventually didn't I? The initial contact changes nothing. I had no problem meeting women, I just wanted to try something different, and it out great.

Congrats.

But you have to see both sides I would imagine. Hey mom and dad how did you two meet? Well we met on a online dating site we both paid to be on.........

Congrats.

But you have to see both sides I would imagine. Hey mom and dad how did you two meet? Well we met on a online dating site we both paid to be on.........

I think that's better than, "I met your mom at a bar took her home, fucked her on the first date, 9 months later she had you, I had to take a paternity test because I didn't think you were mine, I could have sworn I pulled out in time. She's a whore and that's why we never got married."

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with meeting someone on the internet, some people have a very introverted personality in person and find it easier to meet people online. It's easier for them to talk more openly through a computer where rejection wouldn't be as big a deal.

There probably are some people out there doing it for this reason, but for a vast majority of the ones I know that statement couldn't be farther from the truth.

Congrats.

Would it be better if it was facebook since its free?

If you fall in love (and its legal) it really doesnt make a difference. I swear people are so close minded.

P.S. none of you are my real friends because I met you on CR and not face to face.. especially you Yenner.

Edited by V8 Beast

I think that's better than, "I met your mom at a bar took her home, fucked her on the first date, 9 months later she had you, I had to take a paternity test because I didn't think you were mine, I could have sworn I pulled out in time. She's a whore and that's why we never got married."

I never said that.

It just seems like that is a complete last resort and from the people I know that have tried it I wasn't shocked.....

I never said that.

It just seems like that is a complete last resort and from the people I know that have tried it I wasn't shocked.....

I never said you did, but I bet is has been true for a few people in this country.

LOL at anyone who thinks their relationship is better solely because the other couple met "online".

I would say that would depend on the people he would be around when he says it. Some people would agree with his opinion and some people would not, its all a matter of opinion.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with meeting someone on the internet, some people have a very introverted personality in person and find it easier to meet people online. It's easier for them to talk more openly through a computer where rejection wouldn't be as big a deal. Look at CR, I would be willing to bet that most comments made on here wouldn't be made to someone's face at a meet or something. Someone on here might be a huge dick, but the nicest person you would meet face to face.

I call them keyboard warriors... There in every forum based site...

KEYBOARD WARRIORS

Shut the fuck up squid.

The conversation as of lately in this thread is a direction I never expected it to go... I'd call it derailed, but there has been multiple derailments in this thread already. Thread should he renamed to something like: the thread about d.wiggs car that keeps getting derailed because the kids of cr have the attention span of a goldfish.

I never said you did, but I bet is has been true for a few people in this country.

LOL at anyone who thinks their relationship is better solely because the other couple met "online".

I never said that either. I get it if your 40 divorced with kids. Otherwise NO