Neighbor put a up a privacy fence.. why?

Buck531

Read the entire thread before saying whatever some of you trolls will say. I've been in this house since '99 and we're a pretty quiet family. Our kids don't run around outside yelling and screaming at the top of their lungs. The lady next to us moved in probably in 04 or so and is just an "odd ball". Mid 40's .. divorced with a young girl probably 12 or so?

Two weeks ago she had a guy come out and install a 6' tall privacy fence from the back of her house to the beginning of her shed which is about halfway down from my garage. I talked to the guy who was putting it up and I asked him what was she doing now? He said I don't know.. she wanted a privacy fence. Hell she didn't even put a front gate on it. Even the guy putting it up said she was an odd ball and does strange things to the house.

I'm like "why? her kid NEVER comes out in the back yard. She build her a little play house in the back and the girl has never been in it once. Her girl is more of a tom boy. I have seen her down the street hanging out with the younger dudes and she actually rides a bmx bike.

I had a chain link fence right where I marked on the pictures below.. almost exact. 5 years ago or so she asked if the workers (that were going to cut down her two HUGE silver maple trees) can take out that portion of the fence to get their truck back there. I agreed. No problem there, my fence was already blocked off from right behind my garage anyways.

When I saw the guy putting it up I called the City of Gahanna to make sure she could put the fence up right there. I guess they went out the next day and I called the guy later on a few days later and he said she had the permits and such.

What my question is.. why in the world would she just put a privacy fence there.... and why not all the way down the yard? Am I that much of a dick? I'm not outside much but I do go in my garage and randomly work on my car, I have an air compressor and a stereo but I don't have it cranked up the point where I can hear it at the end of my driveway. The compressor does run quite a bit when I'm using it (it sucks and has a small motor) but that's not every day.. 24/7. Is my sons car too freakin' ugly that she didn't want to see it? The other issue is that my son has to either A: park his car in the street or B: won't be able to cut the steering wheel that hard so he can get out (I know.. boo fucking hoo right?).. It's not a big deal to me.

I haven't talked to her yet. I've seen her out in front doing some weed pulling and both times she has yet to look over. Normally she waves and we chat for a few minutes. I'll take a better picture of it tomorrow instead of my awesome ms paint renditions. I'm ready for the flames.. but whatever. If she has an issue with my compressor running or my radio why not just come over and ask me to turn it down or off? I wouldn't have a single problem with that.

She did write me a half page letter last week telling me she understands about my son not being able to pull out of the driveway the correct way and she would go 1/3 in the price of concreting a small triangle shape. That's cool and all and I've actually wanted to that for quite a while now but never got around to doing it.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk314/buck531/bW1jMS9EQ0lNL0NBTUVSQS9TU1BYMDAzMC5qcGc.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk314/buck531/bW1jMS9EQ0lNL0NBTUVSQS9TU1BYMDAyOS5qcGc.jpg

:dumb:

Edited by Buck531
changed pics.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you are looking into this too hard and should just let it go. The fact that you would call up the city and ask if she had permits to do this makes me feel that you are a dickhead neighbor. And you know what people do with dickhead neighbors? They put up privacy fences around their property so they dont have to look at you.

I don't know why she would do that. I did a partial privacy fence block in my backyard because the neighbors dogs tried to fight mine through the old picket fence. I would just ask her politely.

No I haven't asked her. Haven't had the chance yet. She's a decent person and we talk a lot. It's not a big deal.

As for the seafoam video.. I've seafoamed my cars several times before this. We did it RIGHT after it rained.. and all her windows were closed.

FYI.. I'm sure a privacy fence wouldn't stop seafoam.

You're right. Maybe I am looking into this too far. I could just chalk it up to "she's a nut and does strange shit around her house". Oh well.

I think you are looking into this too hard and should just let it go. The fact that you would call up the city and ask if she had permits to do this makes me feel that you are a dickhead neighbor. And you know what people do with dickhead neighbors? They put up privacy fences around their property so they dont have to look at you.

I see your point. However, I know it's HER part of the yard.. but if you read what I typed.. SHE took down MY fence a few years ago so they could cut down the trees. I could have been a dick and said nope.. I want to keep the fence there. But I didn't. No big deal.

Since it was ONLY going to her shed.. I would have just liked for her to move it back into her yard maybe 1 foot. Nothing too bad. Just a foot so in the winter my son can park his car in the driveway and not worry about jackasses rolling down our street 40 mph at times possibly slamming into his car.

Pics of said neighbor.

Dude.. you REALLY don't want to see her.. I'm not joking either.

tall.. maybe 6'. skinny, short gray hair, the face of a 60 year old grandma I'm guessing. :fuuuu: Why couldn't a young, hot, single mom move in next door. :fa:

She did write me a half page letter last week telling me she understands about my son not being able to pull out of the driveway the correct way and she would go 1/3 in the price of concreting a small triangle shape. That's cool and all and I've actually wanted to that for quite a while now but never got around to doing it.

Since it was ONLY going to her shed.. I would have just liked for her to move it back into her yard maybe 1 foot. Nothing too bad. Just a foot so in the winter my son can park his car in the driveway and not worry about jackasses rolling down our street 40 mph at times possibly slamming into his car.

There is your answer. Yes people are that petty. She did it because now your son is driving and she doesn't like it.

Here.. I just went outside.. dark pics suck but it's what it is.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk314/buck531/100_1336.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk314/buck531/100_1335.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk314/buck531/100_1334.jpg

Chest meat LOL

Buick LOL

Privacy fence LOL

She thought it was a good idea man. Sillier decisions have been made in a kitchen. Maybe shes prepping for a Hot Tub or Pool.

Problem with that is.. we live in a bi-level house.. all our windows are 10 feet or so above ground level. We can look out the side window it the back and just look right over the fence. :lolguy:

Was he running out of wood?

I'm assuming you mean the last few feet. Nope.. according to the city of Gahanna, the privacy fence cannot go past the back of the house unless I guess you space them out an inch or so in between planks. :dumb:

I'm soooooooooooooooo glad to live out in the country

I've thought SOOO many times about getting a few acres of land out in the middle of nowhere. I'd love it. However, my 11 year old son has Autism and franklin county and Gahanna schools have been amazing with him. That's what's keeping me away from doing that.