Ohio Mile coverage... was that you, Doc?

Science Abuse

The shake down passes typically go 125, 150, 175, etc... each stage gets you the next pass and you can continue to the next license. Then it's Class A -200-249, Class AA- 250-299mph, etc...

:lolguy:

....at people that think they will have no trouble running 135mph+...

:lolguy: ....at people that think they will have no trouble running 135mph+...

There are a dozen or more here that do it every Saturday on 270 with not a fuck given. Hell, I bet many go well over 150mph on multiple occasions. For the record, no I'm not one of them. Now perhaps on your bike given it's capability it would involve a little pucker factor.

There are a dozen or more here that do it every Saturday on 270 with not a fuck given. Hell, I bet many go well over 150mph on multiple occasions. For the record, no I'm not one of them.

That is certainly a thing that has happened..... however, that's not a standing mile. I've got a toy that I have every confidence is good for 170/180 depending on setup, but thats going to take a flying 2 mile run.

MS3 = Mazda Speed3? Hatch? WHP?

I am assuming, of course, that the ECTA walks the course and cleans it before the event?

The ECTA officials are meticulous about inspecting and cleaning the runway, but they said at the drivers' meeting that there was virtually no cleaning to do -- it is kept that clean routinely. They were very pleased with Wilmington.

The runway is grooved perpendicular to the direction of travel. It dried very quickly after the rain, even though the temps were low. ECTA members drove their pit vehicles up and down the runway to help it dry. I was very impressed with the runway condition.

Something else which might surprise folks is that no burnouts (anywhere) are allowed. It was very different watching the cars launch slowly, and some even were pushed by pit vehicles to start the run. No starting lights, no staging beams, and the staging official gives just two starting signals: visor down sign, then simply points down the runway, which means begin when you want.

There are a dozen or more here that do it every Saturday on 270 with not a fuck given. Hell, I bet many go well over 150mph on multiple occasions. For the record, no I'm not one of them. Now perhaps on your bike given it's capability it would involve a little pucker factor.

Sure they do.....only problem is passing tech which is a little more difficult. Once you do that, probably only a small % will even break 150+ and an even smaller amount over 170+...

To go to 135 MPH:

Speed rated tires

Three point seat belts

Long Sleeve shirt/jacket

Long Pants

Snell 2005 or 2010 full-face helmet with face shield

Open Cockpit cars must:

Have a Four Point Roll Bar

(Required for open cars with no hood or side opening only)

Suit – SFI 3.2A-1

Boots SFI – 3.3/5

Gloves SFI 3.3/5

Head Sock SFI 3.3

135 to 150MPH:

Five point safety harness SFI 16.1 or 16.5 (no more than 5 years old)

Unblown car:

Suit – SFI 3.2A-1

Boots SFI – 3.3/5

Gloves SFI 3.3/5

Head Sock SFI 3.3 (Required for open cars with no hood or side opening only)

Blown car:

Suit – SFI 3.2A-1

Boots SFI – 3.3/5

Gloves SFI 3.3/5

Head Sock SFI 3.3

Four Point Roll Bar (Open cockpit cars must have a six point roll bar)

Speed rated tires

Hood Hold Downs

Kill Switch

Electric fuel pumps require an inertial kill switch to disable pump

Arm restraints OR door net

All vehicles running under 150mph using factory high-back seats and using a racing belt system, the shoulder belts can not go around the seat but MUST go thru the seat back. The belts can not be deflected up, down or to the side because of the location of the seat slot but must go straight to the cross bar of the rollbar/cage. If under 135 MPH and without a rollbar/cage system, you can not use racing belts as they can not be mounted per manufactures specifications.

150 to 175MPH:

Unblown car:

Suit – SFI 3.2A-5

Boots SFI – 3.3/5

Gloves SFI 3.3/5

Head Sock SFI 3.3

Blown car:

Suit – SFI 3.2A-15

Boots SFI – 3.3/5

Gloves SFI 3.3/5

Head Sock SFI 3.3

Six Point Roll Bar (Open cockpit cars must have a full cage)

Speed rated tires

5 Lb fire suppression system- driver compartment (not a fire extinguisher)

Arm restraints OR door net

A metal seat designed for racing. A maximum of 1.0" of padding.

175 to 200 MPH:

Speed rated tires

Land Speed Parachute

Full Roll Cage

SFI 38.1 type head and neck restraint system

Full Containment metal seat or a roll cage structure to provide restriction to lateral head movement of less than 2.0” per side inclusive of structure deflection.

Suit – SFI 3.2A-15

Boots SFI – 3.3/5

Gloves SFI 3.3/15

Head Sock SFI 3.3

Window tabs required front and rear

10 Lb fire suppression system- driver and engine compartment ( may be two five pound bottles. (Not a fire extinguisher)

Arm restraints AND door net

To go Over 200 MPH:

Suit – SFI 3.2A-20 Blown

Suit-SFI 3.2A-15 Unblown

Boots SFI – 3.3/15

Gloves SFI 3.3/15

Head Sock SFI 3.3

Roof Rails

Speed rated tires

Land Speed Parachute

SFI 38.1 type head and neck restraint system

Full Roll Cage

Window tabs required front and rear

10Lb fire suppression system- driver and engine compartment ( may be two five pound bottles. (Not a fire extinguisher)

Arm restraints AND door net

Full Containment metal seat or a roll cage structure to provide restriction to lateral head movement of less than 2.0” per side inclusive of structure deflection.

;)

Heeeeeey according to that, I'm equipped to go as fast as I can probably go in a mile. No mention of a cage on an N/A car until you get to 175....which doesn't make sense really.

Other than the rulebook, that sates the five point safety harness must be mounted to a roll cage which is required above 135mph+....