Need advice on this bike

Comebackkid

I have a guy wanting to trade a bike for my civic. I like the bike but it has a rebuilt title. The guy says that the guys wife took a baseball bat to the back of it . Looking at the pics you can tell the rear plastics a new. The bike only has 6500k miles and low retail is 5500$ so can anyone tell me what this bike could be worth?

http://images.craigslist.org/5G85Fe5Hd3Ga3o33N8c58c1d2fe7c24b6198b.jpg

Yamaha R6S 2008

Edited by Comebackkid

Rebuilt title = a lot less than "fair" on KBB.

He may have a good story for why the back end was replaced. Or he wrecked it and that's why he is selling it now. New parts and doesn't ride right.

I can't see why a baseball bat to the bike would cause it to have a rebuilt title.

Rebuilt title = a lot less than "fair" on KBB.

He may have a good story for why the back end was replaced. Or he wrecked it and that's why he is selling it now. New parts and doesn't ride right.

I can't see why a baseball bat to the bike would cause it to have a rebuilt title.

That's what I thought to^ ^ but I asked what would be on the carfax report and he said he don't know. Unless he was already pissed off from what she did, he just did even more damage to it idk. Still with only 6500milesa the motor should be nice and fresh. If I do the trade ill most likely trade or sell it because ill wanna race.ut and I see bad bad written all over it lol

that bike wrecked is worth about 3k. Its not an R6 no matter how bad he wants to convince himself that it is. Those bikes are absolute junk. Its a few years newer than what Paul rides if that gives you any indication of how much its worth.

that bike wrecked is worth about 3k. Its not an R6 no matter how bad he wants to convince himself that it is. Those bikes are absolute junk. Its a few years newer than what Paul rides if that gives you any indication of how much its worth.

completely differnt bike than Pauls. The R6S is the same as the 03-05 R6. Then in 06 they started doing an R6 and an R6S. The newer R6's are better than the R6S, but they are both still race ready bikes. Paul's bike is a YZF600R which is a 1 piece seat and a little less powerful then the R6 and differnet suspension setup. again. you are wrong and don't know what you're talking about

Good trade go for it, the bike is questionable and so is your car. I wouldn't want either personally.

completely differnt bike than Pauls. The R6S is the same as the 03-05 R6. Then in 06 they started doing an R6 and an R6S. The newer R6's are better than the R6S, but they are both still race ready bikes. Paul's bike is a YZF600R which is a 1 piece seat and a little less powerful then the R6 and differnet suspension setup. again. you are wrong and don't know what you're talking about

Good trade go for it, the bike is questionable and so is your car. I wouldn't want either personally.

its still a turd, i wouldn't trade for it. No one wants those bikes other than girls and high school kids that want to tell their friends they bought an R6.

I would not value that bike at $5,500 thats all I'm saying. Its a wrecked bike no matter what way you cut it. That cuts the value down significantly.

I would not value that bike at $5,500 thats all I'm saying. Its a wrecked bike no matter what way you cut it. That cuts the value down significantly.

Right, i agree with this part, definitely not worth $5500 being salvage and multicolored. might be able to get 4500 out of it though.

Why? Its just water, gezz your a pussy

Rebuilt title meh pass

you caught me, im a witch :fa:

seriously though, it would get old quick, and cold when it starts getting towards fall. also would be worried about ohio drivers on a wet road, throw a cup of water down and people forget how to drive. would be nice to have as a toy, still askin too much for it though.

you have to be fucking kidding me..

Your forsale ad states you want to focus on the house. You're trying to sell a NONE running car for 5k. You're trying to trade your none running car for a salvage titled bike.

How about you put injectors back in the ep3 and drive it?

"Im getting out if racing to focus on the new house."

The guy don't want 5500$to for it I just looked at kbb and that was the lowest booked value of the bike. I could get it for 3100$. I hate to buy carfax just for one car and u know we can't ask here, so can I take the bike to a dealer and have them check it out. If the carfax report comes back and says vandalism then the bike should be close to kbb?

If you read post#7 it'll state ill either sell or trade the bike.duh!!!! Lol

Then tell me what it is?

its the retard version.

on a side note, DONT FUCKING DO IT. lol your gonna be stuck with yet another thing to sell. Your civic would be much easier to sell than a poopdick bike.

i wouldnt touch a salvage bike period. and for 3100$ for a 600CC keep looking i just bought a 2000 R1 with a clean title for 3K good bikes are out there just keep looking.

Dam a r1 for 3k wow:-0

On a side note ...I know the civic is not running but there's more money in the motor then im asking and its obo so buy the car take the built motor out sell it buy a stock motor since there cheap. The kbb at lowest is 7500the at lowest( yes I know that's in running driving conditions )

its the retard version.

Only if you are comparing it to the current 600 lineup. Otherwise it's a decent bike. In fact, when that was the only R6 made, it was a competitor in the class.

IMO, any 600 is a waste of money. They are all too slow regardless the year.