Finally... a new ride

GilbWs6

Finally pulled the trigger after months of talking about it and years of wanting to. Picked up a Black/black 2002 WS6 w/ t-tops, 6 speed and Monsoon. Signing the paperwork today and already ordered a Magnaflow exhaust and some new speakers for backseat and front doors (2 were blown). Needs some TLC on the paint (no body damage) and will be putting all synthetic fluid in the tranny and differential :fuckyeah:

Cool man. I'd probably still have mine if it were a 6spd and not a '98. Have fun and get weld-in subframe connectors asap. They're the best hundred bucks spent on an f-body ever.

+ infinity!

I would also recomend lower control arms too, that will help the car hook better. Wheel hop will throat fuck a GM 10 bolt like a cheap dime store hooker.

I would check around on LS1 tech to see if any vendors on there are having sales for suspenson stuff.

For your SFC's what kind do you guys use? Weld in or bolt in? (Im assuming weld in). Also what style do you guys use? Tubular ones, 3 pt's or 2 pt's?

UMI 2 points, because I did not want to cause clearance issues for stuff later down the line.

There is a company that makes some really nice multipoint SFC's but they are more geared towards track use only.

These guys make some KILLER stuff

http://www.racecraft.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=15&chapter=1

For your SFC's what kind do you guys use? Weld in or bolt in? (Im assuming weld in). Also what style do you guys use? Tubular ones, 3 pt's or 2 pt's?

I used 2 points just because somebody on here was selling them for $100 not opened. I got them welded in for like $60 and it drove like a brand new car relatively

http://www.thunderracing.com/shop-by/manufacturer/BMR-Fabrication/BMR-Fabrication-Subframe-Connectors_56.html

Congrats. I've driven and worked on a lot of these and they are great cars.

As for SFCs, I don't think it makes a big difference which ones you go with so long as there is something on there. I like the boxed weld-in style connectors that I bought for a couple reasons, if at some point I wanted to weld in a cross bar for an aftermarket torque arm mount I can, they weld in so they can't loosen over time like a bolt-in, and they simply work.

There are many of us on here that are happy to answer any questions you may have, welcome to the club.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii297/gilb3rt04/TA/IMG_20120525_204203.jpg

Not the best picture but you get the point

Edited by GilbWs6
upload fail. give me a minute.

Looks clean. Congrats.

Truthfully, it's not clean in the sense that it has a lot of little knicks and scratches all over it from sitting in a garage for two years after the owner passed away. It's been treated very well by it's one previous owner but he passed 2 years ago and his widow didn't treat it as well as he did. Didn't beat on it, she just didn't keep it up as well it should be. It also has the typical roof panel bubbling behind the t-tops. For about $10,000 though, I can't complain much at all.

Turbo. Best bang for the buck.

:gabe:

:megusta:

I'm waiting for next year before I do anything hardcore. Sticking to bolt-ons and probably a tune this year. Will probably look at head/cam next year.

Lid, Longtubes + ORY, and Exhaust should be the first performance mods done in my opinion. As well as the free mods. Don't forget to eliminate !CAGS if its a 6 speed car.

Let my buddy drive it today at lunch and it made him shift 1-4. He kinda freaked not knowing and coming from turbo 4 cars that have no torque. :lolguy:

I will most likely parting ways with an SLP lid, LT's and the y pipe later this year as i build my turbo setup.

Let me know. I'm ordering all of that very soon. How long were you thinking of waiting?