ls1 drivability issue.... need help

LeonbergerG

Got an '01 ws6 that in high rpm shifts from 1-2 and 2-3 throws a random cylinder miss fire code. Checked the fuel pressure going down the road but it stays around 60 -/+ 4#'s. Gauge bounces around erratically though. Does not hold pressure when key is turned off.

Just changed spark plugs, didn't change anything. Wires are good. Not sure if its coils or?????? Any ideas

when you turn the key off does the pressure drop quick? I'm thinkin it could possibly be a bad regulator and it could be running lean at high rpms.

This is kind of what I was leaning towards. It does drop pressure when the key is off . Also starts hard about every other time but if you cycle the key 2-3 times it starts right up

Should it need primed? Thought out should hold pressure. Should I put a check valve in line?? Or just change pump. I'm getting ready to build a new motor, but wanted to spray this one but obviously not if it has an issue

Should it need primed? Thought out should hold pressure. Should I put a check valve in line?? Or just change pump. I'm getting ready to build a new motor, but wanted to spray this one but obviously not if it has an issue

Depends on what they put in there. My car has a Ractronix pump and hotwire kit, and it doesn't need primed. I suppose if a cheap knock off pump was used it may have a bad check valve in it, if it even has one.

If you checked fuel pressure at WOT when you were having an issue and it only fluxuated by 4 psi or so, I'd be looking in to other things before I condemned the fuel pump for that issue. Your start-up may be related though. What are you trying to fix here?

The motor like it quits pulling at high rpm only after I shift though. Like shift at 6k and it doesn't pull hard into the next gear for a few seconds

Interesting, as I said before I'd scan it and see what the computer has to say.