Getting tint in the summer is impossible.

Draco-REX

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The BRZ actually has a noticeable level of tint already. I was surprised. I think I'll stick with 50% on the sides and 35% on the rear. That combo has worked well for me in the past and I don't have to worry about having to tear off my expensive tint if a cop feels like making a point.

I hope A2Z does exterior tint also. I want to get some dark smoke tint on the stupid orange marker lights and I forgot to ask..

35 all around has always been my favorite....especially on a 2door coupe... I have also always had black interiors... makes 35 look that much darker.

this was the 35 Quality did on my old ride. Never got hassled for it at all.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a299/iwashmycar/mustang/PICT0905.jpg

While we're talking about tint, I will at least vouch for the fact that quality stood behind their work and was very good about warranty work. I had to have the drivers window fixed on the A4 almost 10 years to the day after I got it originally done and they didn't even bat an eye and fixed it right away. The rear window on the benz is bubbling and they quoted me what I paid for the whole A4 to re-do the rear window on the benz. Tint prices have apparently gone up!!!

If you ever go like 5% tint and know what to do you will be fine. If you are getting pulled over just roll down all the windowns and turn on the interior lights and if needed toss the keys up on the dash. My grandfather was a sheriff back home and doing this has always made anyone I get pulled over by ok with my tint. Now saying that I don't own a car with tint right now, but will be doing 20-35% all around on the A4 when it is out of the garage this year.

detailed DIY video

http://www.monkeysee.com/play/13388-tint-car-windows-cleaning-and-prepping-the-window

only improvement to his technique, instead of using a paper towel to finish up the glass cleaning, i'd use coffee filters since they don't leave the little paper fibers behind that standard towels do.

Make an appointment at Quality and hopefully someone will cancel. Happened to me on both Land Rover's I think. One of them I got in the same day I called after they told me that it would be a 3 week wait. Edited by kickass

...or get a letter from your optometrist saying your photosensative. 5% tint all day long.

Unfortunately found out the letter worked when I got pulled over for speeding in the airport back in April. Had my windows down after pulling over, cop asked about the tint, and I replied that I have a letter in the glovebox from my optometrist. Cop raised his hand to stop me and said he didn't need to see it. :)

If you trusted APP to drive the car they would come pick it up and do it while you're at work. Call and ask for Jeff Kneeland and tell him Sean Webb sent you.

or just call his mobile work number 614-917-7217 I am sure he can work something out for you.

...or get a letter from your optometrist saying your photosensative. 5% tint all day long.

Unfortunately found out the letter worked when I got pulled over for speeding in the airport back in April. Had my windows down after pulling over, cop asked about the tint, and I replied that I have a letter in the glovebox from my optometrist. Cop raised his hand to stop me and said he didn't need to see it. :)

Letter has saved my ass a few times now.

And while were in a tint thread. Doing your own tint is easy.

called a2z got a 130apt sat. He said 159 reg tint 209 lifetime wich is a metallic and 309 for ceramic. Mr tint did the s10 15yrs ago and its held up good. Wich is metallic. Now I need to figure out what percent would look good. Is there a site that let's u see ur car with diffrent tint

55% is legal, 35% looks questionable... anything below is definitely too dark.

50% is legal.

I did 50% on my accords front windows and 35 on the rears. you can barely tell the fronts are done I will be going back to get 35 done on the fronts. I was afraid of getting pulled over with a black car in gahanna and working in new albany. I only got hasseled once or twice with 5% on the SRT4, would do that again with no issues.

i wouldnt immagine its that difficult. just like applying vinyl...cut a template, cut the tint, apply with soapy water, squeegee, heat gun and an exacto knife

detailed DIY video

http://www.monkeysee.com/play/13388-tint-car-windows-cleaning-and-prepping-the-window

only improvement to his technique, instead of using a paper towel to finish up the glass cleaning, i'd use coffee filters since they don't leave the little paper fibers behind that standard towels do.

Lol...go ahead and do it.

There are many tricks of the trade, and without those your film will peel and youll have a ton of dirt in the film.

I did it for 4 years in highschool, did side windows, my boss did the rear.

Btw- he cleaned it completely wrong

Lol...go ahead and do it.

There are many tricks of the trade, and without those your film will peel and youll have a ton of dirt in the film.

I did it for 4 years in highschool, did side windows, my boss did the rear.

Btw- he cleaned it completely wrong

so your just going to come in and say that with out following up? lets hear the tricks of "your trade".

so your just going to come in and say that with out following up? lets hear the tricks of "your trade".

Yea. I was.

Anyways, the gasket isnt taped up, dirt will get introduced there.

As well...roll the window down to 3/4 position and clean the entire window by scraping down. Going up just throws dirt at the top of the window....of course if you're not going to cut the film close...doesnt matter i guess.

I didnt watch anything else...just 1 video remarks.

Btw, not my trade...but it's easy to find a good job and a bad one if you know what youre looking for.

Does no one do travel/on-the-spot tint in Ohio?

Heck, we've got guys that will come to your home/work and do it in the parking lot. They prefer it so there is no liability and car doesn't even have to move...

ESPECIALLY doing a car outside, you introduce dirt and dust in the film.

Worst place to tint

ESPECIALLY doing a car outside, you introduce dirt and dust in the film.

Worst place to tint

To many factors to say that, not to mention not all shops have a sealed bay just for tint...

....and it's flipping tint, not a paint job! ;)

If you do get that done to the windshield, let me know please. I'm curious about how bad the distortion would be.

I have it done on my Camaro. Feel free to PM me about it with questions.

To many factors to say that, not to mention not all shops have a sealed bay just for tint...

....and it's flipping tint, not a paint job! ;)

Just a place that is inside makes all the difference. Trust me...outside introduces crap.

I had my windshield done on my previous car....will never do it again. PM me with questions

Just got back from A2Z. They did a good job. It was probably the 90+ degree heat, but I went with 35% all around. It's the first time I've gone with tint that isn't legal, I hope it doesn't bite me in the ass.

But the car looks great and the ceramic tint is fantastic at heat blocking. I think I'm going to be really happy with it. But I'll see when I drive at night if I regret the 35%.

Just got back from A2Z. They did a good job. It was probably the 90+ degree heat, but I went with 35% all around. It's the first time I've gone with tint that isn't legal, I hope it doesn't bite me in the ass.

But the car looks great and the ceramic tint is fantastic at heat blocking. I think I'm going to be really happy with it. But I'll see when I drive at night if I regret the 35%.

I went with 35% also after much debate (I had a thread on it too). I went with QWT and they did a great job. I think it looks great and it sure as hell makes a marked improvement in heat rejection. I have no issues with it at night either. I haven't been bothered about legality, but it's on a Jeep Cherokee Spec-B not a BRZ, so I'd be surprised if anyone even noticed.

:gabe:

• 1 month later...
Does no one do travel/on-the-spot tint in Ohio?

Heck, we've got guys that will come to your home/work and do it in the parking lot. They prefer it so there is no liability and car doesn't even have to move...

http://www.thetintdude.com comes to your location. Prices start at $99 but I have no idea about the quality of work.