Where is the man card?

Mojoe

So many dudes just seem to be soft pansies these days. They don't seem to be able to make a decision and need to be told, or guilded to what to do. Is it fasion, trend or just straight up vaginitis? Im not saying the tough guy, biker image type is where one going with this. As I sit in this chipotle, I'm people watching, I'm hearing two dudes being whinny little bitches about some other dude. Kids are running all over, not listening to the parents that have lost control of them.

Where is the respect? Guys being a gentleman and having some class? Do parents just not care on that large a level, that kids have become a product of their exposure outside the home, rather than that of their parents?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The internet has made men into passive-aggressive bitches.

A few weeks ago, someone in chatbox was complaining that a girl in his office was bouncing a tennis ball while she worked, and it was bothering him and some other coworkers. Instead of going up to said girl and asking her to stop, like a man, he was talking about going to her supervisor and lodging a complaint. Meanwhile, he and his officemates were trading emails about this woman talking shit about her. I wanted to bitch-slap this pussy and call him Susan.

This passive-aggressive bullshit needs to go. Have some fucking testicles. Talk to people. Confront your fucking issues. Own your shit. Occassionally, you may offend someone, it's ok. You may also, in turn, be offended...but that's ok too.

Dammit.

Occassionally, you may offend someone, it's ok. You may also, in turn, be offended...but that's ok too.

Dammit.

Not sure if you've been outside in the last decade, if so, your above statement makes no sense.

Totally blew up in the Quick Reply box with my opinions, and realized I went waaaaay overboard.

Suffice to say, I AGREE WITH YOU

I'm doing my best to take care of my family, my business, and a few friends. The rest of the world can go figure it out on their own. If you come into my world, you're going to operate by my standards, or at least be seriously influenced by them! :lol:

COME TO HD (ALSO KNOWN AS THE "PROVING GROUND") THIS WEEKEND AND SHOW EVERYONE WHATS UP.

Bwahaha....HD is "The Proving Ground". That's rich.

Aaron, I can only go by what I see, and what I see is a lot of people who either can only offend and be offended, or do absolutely everything in their power to keep from offending or being offended. The first group is full of people who have no self confidence, and so is the second.

Bwahaha....HD is "The Proving Ground". That's rich.

Aaron, I can only go by what I see, and what I see is a lot of people who either can only offend and be offended, or do absolutely everything in their power to keep from offending or being offended. The first group is full of people who have no self confidence, and so is the second.

I was agreeing with you. :yuno:

Aaron, my bad, this subject gets me a bit hot, and the bees were already humming when you tripped on the hive, so to speak. Lol.

If you adopt my view that most people are retarded, you won't even think twice about stuff like this.

If you adopt my view that most people are retarded, you won't even think twice about stuff like this.

Can't do it. Despite the amount of time I have spent on CR, I have too much faith in humanity.

Man settled the west, went to the moon, broke the sound barrier, harnessed the power of the atom, created laws just to break them in new and exciting ways, have been to the bottom of the ocean and generally risked everything on several occasions just to make all of nature his botch for like seconds at a time. I have to believe that men can still talk to women and manage someone in the cubicle next to them doing something they may not like that much.

Clay, funny you should respond in here. I've met you only a few times. Your posts here are always on par, and you are a helpful guy. I know you rock a suit and tie for work and are not in a manual labor environment, yet you came to mind when I was rationalizing modern day man card. It's a balance of things. Knowing how to work through issues of our current society. Being able to do things on your own and getting them done. I'm not trying to nut swing you, just saying you came to mind.

Yesterday we pulled up to the house as two boys, about 11, walked up to the flower bed and pulled a few flowers out and then just started pulling them apart as the walked down the side walk. I caught up to them and said what you are you doing? They just looked dumb that I was talking to them. I told them you don't just walk in someones yard and pluck things. They apologized, and that was that. This is action of the typical kid today, usually followed by a "fuck you, you old asshole". How are we at this point?

A few weeks ago, someone in chatbox was complaining that a girl in his office was bouncing a tennis ball while she worked, and it was bothering him and some other coworkers. Instead of going up to said girl and asking her to stop, like a man, he was talking about going to her supervisor and lodging a complaint. Meanwhile, he and his officemates were trading emails about this woman talking shit about her. I wanted to bitch-slap this pussy and call him Susan.

This passive-aggressive bullshit needs to go. Have some fucking testicles. Talk to people. Confront your fucking issues. Own your shit. Occassionally, you may offend someone, it's ok. You may also, in turn, be offended...but that's ok too.

Dammit.

You may offend someone, it's ok. Except when that someone is a woman, who files a sexual harassment lawsuit against the company. HR then fires you without due process and settles just to make the bad PR go away before it turns into a real shit storm. Then people wonder why men are being pussies and start threads like this.

The internet has made men into passive-aggressive bitches.

Dammit.

Could not agree more.

Looks like this is something everyone is seeing. Not that we need Marshal Law, but damn, there's no respect. Everyone has "their rights" and the laws that should be in place, haven't caught up to the way people act/are. You discipline your kid with anything more than a time out, and you are treated like some raging mad man.

You guys have all hit the nail on the head. The upcoming generation scares the shit out of me. They're all hypersensitive idiots with a sense of entitlement. I think they've all been coddled too much, told that everything they do is wonderful, and never punushed for doing things wrong.

Looks like this is something everyone is seeing. Not that we need Marshal Law, but damn, there's no respect. Everyone has "their rights" and the laws that should be in place, haven't caught up to the way people act/are. You discipline your kid with anything more than a time out, and you are treated like some raging mad man.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj288/Dubs740/Listen-here-woman_raw.gif

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj288/Dubs740/nxkih3jpg.gif

You guys have all hit the nail on the head. The upcoming generation scares the shit out of me. They're all hypersensitive idiots with a sense of entitlement. I think they've all been coddled too much, told that everything they do is wonderful, and never punushed for doing things wrong.

For that reason, I will retire to Alaska, away from most humans. I prefer bears to the next generation(s).

You discipline your kid with anything more than a time out, and you are treated like some raging mad man.

In reality discipline beyond a timeout isn't needed if you raise your kids right and lead by example. I'm not saying my kids are perfect, but if you think slapping a kid around is going to teach him respect and will get them to obey you, I'll stand strong the side that it won't. It will only exacerbate the behavior and add in some more difficult ones to control as they get older. Kids are looking to learn from their parents and will gladly offer respect to those that treat people respectfully.