How mad do you get when you lose a race?

DaddyBuiltRacing

Just curious about this as I have a mustang owner that is really mad about losing to me lol. I mean real mad hahahaha (Can provide whole story if needed) but would rather just see what everyones take is on losing a race. Me personally it just irritates me that my car or diving ability was lacking and motivats me to try getting the car to go faster.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never gotten mad, not even or a second.

If you get mad over such simple things, you should probably seek help.

I've had a slew of foul words, the finger, even someone swerve after losing...

I just laugh and go on with my day. If you aren't mature to shrug off a loss, give a thumbs up and move on, you might be a danger to yourself or others.

CLIFFS:

IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE FUN

is there money involved?? and im talking a significant ammount. if its just for kicks or for like 20 bucks or something then the guy has issues if he is mad. if theres 1k or more involved then it would seem a serious race. i still wouldnt be mad if i lost though, because if i bet 1k on a race and lost, then i put the money up, i would have nobody to be mad at buy myself. just my opinion.

Are you talking about a street race or a track race? If I lose a street race then no, I don not get mad. I feel I have a fast car so if I lose then I know the other person has a really fast car (Cordell). If I lose a track race then depending on how I lost I get irratated with myself. For example if I race someone who pulls a .02 light or better and runs say .02 off thier dial and I have a .025 bulb and run say .02 off my dial then I'm not upset because I had good numbers and the other person had better numbers. Now if I race someone and they have a .250 bulb and run .20 off thier dial and I still lose than obviously I totally fucked up and that does not sit well with me.

theres no point in getting mad, most of the time i just laugh. most of the time the races i lose are to my friends anyways so i just have to deal with the light ridicule which is fine. now if i lost to jones, i would go kill myself. he backed out sat nite cause he didnt want none :)

Are you talking about a street race or a track race? If I lose a street race then no, I don not get mad. I feel I have a fast car so if I lose then I know the other person has a really fast car (Cordell). If I lose a track race then depending on how I lost I get irratated with myself. For example if I race someone who pulls a .02 light or better and runs say .02 off thier dial and I have a .025 bulb and run say .02 off my dial then I'm not upset because I had good numbers and the other person had better numbers. Now if I race someone and they have a .250 bulb and run .20 off thier dial and I still lose than obviously I totally fucked up and that does not sit well with me.

Still thinking about that? Lol.

Honestly I think when people's expectations are off they can get frustrated or mad. For example there is a certain Vette that I would like to beat, but it simply isn't going to happen, I realize this and don't get mad. However when I race someone who is convinced that I have a cammed little 12 second car and blow their doors off I either get the WTF just happened or mad. So I can see why guys with fast imports get a lot of anger.

theres no point in getting mad, most of the time i just laugh. most of the time the races i lose are to my friends anyways so i just have to deal with the light ridicule which is fine. now if i lost to jones, i would go kill myself. he backed out sat nite cause he didnt want none :)

I lost to Jones, man up son. Beetle>Camaro no shit. I'll still kill you.