Starting a small business and I have some questions

morabu

I am starting a small mowing business. I have my company name registered, and I will have a partner.

i need to decide if i should go LLC, or LLP. i know the LL will shield my personal assets incase of anything on the business side, and a Partnership will shield us from each other somewhat. the things i'm really wondering about are taxes.

will one type save/help us more than another?

any other benefits from one to another?

is there anything else to consider that i'm missing?

Also, i have seen soo many trucks that are used for business, but don't have commercial tags. i plan on also using the truck as a family vehicle and work truck half the year.

is it strictly enforced, or could i get away with just regular tags on the truck and trailer tags?

do i really need a solicitors license to go door to door?

does it give me any benefit to have one, or is it just extra money for Uncle Sam for the privlige to do so?

i probably know the answer to most of these questions, just looking for personal experience, possible ways to be more cost efficient while remaining legit.

thoughts/experience/advise are all welcome

J.R.

I don't know much about an LLP but I can can tell you they are both quite similar in that they cost/require little money and effort to start. An LLP is going to be taxed as a business and you are going to be taxed too, that means double taxation. An LLC is going to give you and your partner flow-through taxation meaning you will only be hit once for profit/loss. That would be my selling point if I were you.